Become a Patron!

New Member Gone Wrong

maddie52497

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay so I started this place off all wrong. I was just told that I could get a free set up until I got on ym feet to help someone else out. I went about it all wrong and asked fro free stuff on the very first post I made. I don't only want free things I also want to learn about how to build coils and right now what y'all think about the uwell crown subohm tank because that's the one I wanted to try next. I have a long story to tell if anyone is ever interested. I am not new to vaping I am just new to this site. I'm really excited to get on here and read and learn all y'all have to offer.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha! Not gone wrong.
You found a great place for info and help, you'll find lots of posts about the crown and most posters think it's the best tank out right now. Seems like you need a 50w at a bare minimum for that tank, just a heads up.

You have a orchid rebuildable tank coming to you, not the easiest to learn to build on with the small deck but that is a great tank and you will get the coils figured out after a few tries... with help from this forum.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome aboard! This forum is better than any vaping encyclopedia that could possibly be written! Lots of knowledgeable folks here, virtual wellsprings of information and experience....awesome people, truly awesome people. :)

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
welcome to the VU, nice to have you here
I would love to read more about your "long story".

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! You should share your long story one of these days. Great place and people here, enjoy!

maddie52497

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 3 Uwell Crowns, 2 use the RBA, one stock coils. What do you want to know about it? BTW, it is by far my favorite tank.
What's the highest wattage you can vape it at? Well I guess a better question is how low of an ohm stock coil can you get and how do the nickel coils work in it? I'm trying to understand temp control.

maddie52497

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! You should share your long story one of these days. Great place and people here, enjoy!
I don't want to sound dramatic so I figured if anyone specifically was interested I'd tell them and not share my crazy life event with people who don't care. Like how people put p pointless statuses on facebook and no one actually cares...ya feel me?

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't want to sound dramatic so I figured if anyone specifically was interested I'd tell them and not share my crazy life event with people who don't care. Like how people put p pointless statuses on facebook and no one actually cares...ya feel me?
Trials and tribulations are what define us doll, you are young, don't think you have got off on the wrong foot with these people.
I'm still new here too and they've all been very helpful and an absolute pleasure to talk to. You were welcomed here as soon as you completed the registry. I and I'm sure most here hope everything works out for you in your future endeavors!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What's the highest wattage you can vape it at? Well I guess a better question is how low of an ohm stock coil can you get and how do the nickel coils work in it? I'm trying to understand temp control.
Been using temp. Limiting (control) since it first came out.
What questions did you have?
What mod were you going to try it on?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
No worries and you are welcome here.

I am starting to pick up mutterings that some Brick and Mortar shops are telling folks to come here and join so they can get free gear for the asking.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU! Well we're asking. Let's hear your story! More than a few of us have "gone through it".

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No worries and you are welcome here.

I am starting to pick up mutterings that some Brick and Mortar shops are telling folks to come here and join so they can get free gear for the asking.

That explains it

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm getting more and more curious. Share away!

maddie52497

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: This is a really long story. Some people asked for it, if you don't care about the story then don't read it. Also everything in this os 100% true and is not exaggerated at all.

Okay well some of you want to know my story of how I came here. I am a college freshman and I was in a committed relationship with a guy who was still in high school. We had been together for nearly 2 years. I went to a party a few weeks ago and got smashed. What do you expect from a college student? Everyone will go to a party at least once. It was me and 2 of my roommates and one of my roommates friends. Im gonna make up fake names since I was told not to put their business out there for the world. My roommates are Destiny and Claire. Claire brought her friend Lacey with her to the party. We were at the party having fun ect,ect. When it was time to go this guy, we'll call him Dylan wanted a ride back to his dorm which is next to ours. Claire doesn't drink so she was good to drive. We took Dylan to his dorm and he invited all of us inside. I agreed because everyone else was going inside too. When I drink I get sleepy so we were all watching TV and I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up Dylan was touching on my legs and moving his way up. My friends were gone and I asked where they went and he told me they went to go get food and would be right back and that I was safe with him. Of course I didn't feel safe at all especially being alone there with a guy I just met. I told him to stop touching me and he kept complimenting me and getting closer and closer and I was trying my best to get him off of me. I was intoxicated and he's a pretty big guy compared to me. He was able to get close enough to kiss me to spare y'all the details and Claire and Lacey walked in as soon as he did it. They thought it was hilarious that I was "cheating" on my boyfriend even though I wasn't. The told me I needed to tell him and I agreed that I needed to tell my boyfriend what happened. This was a late Saturday night/ early Sunday morning. Sunday my boyfriend came over, let's call him Rick. I had thought through everything and I knew he'd never believe me and would probably break up with me when I told him what happened so I wanted to make sure he had one last amazing day with me to remember me by. We had a great day together and I knew that the next day on Monday I'd tell him everything. I went to sleep Sunday night and Claire woke me up saying that she was going to tell Rick what happened. I begged her not to and she promised me that she wouldn't. I went to my hometown Monday after my classes were over because that's where Rick was. I was going to tell him, but he told me that he had a bad day and didn't want to see me. I didn't fuss with him and I figured I'll try again tomorrow. It was about 11pm on Monday night that I was on the phone with my best friend explaining everything that happened and I got a text from Rick asking who Dylan was. I froze and hung up on my best friend and immediately called Rick and tried to tell him what actually happened. Lacey my roommates friend told him a completely different story over social media. She told him that I slept with Dylan and that I was never gonna tell Rick about it. I told him that wasn't what happened and he didn't believe me of course. He dumped me and I was very upset for the rest of the night and crying etc. It was about 2 am Tuesday morning and I texted Claire and told her that she won, she succeeded in breaking me and Rick up. I wasn't ugly to her and I didn't curse at her either. I just told her not to speak to me or ever come around me again because I wasn't nothing to do with her, At that point I thought Claire was the person who told rick, I didn't know it was actually Lacey. Claire got ugly with me and started cursing and so I just ignored the texts because I was already upset enough. Later Lacey texted me and told me that she was the one who told Rick and I shouldn't be mad at Claire. Claire and Lacey were both at the dorm room and I was at home. They told me if I had anything to say that I should tell them to their face, but I wasn't there. Lacey asked me why I told Claire to leave me alone and I said that I didn't like her and my other 2 roommates didn't like her either. This is where it gets truly crazy. I wasn't at the dorm so I didn't experience this first hand but my roommates told me what she did. It was 2am and she went banging on their doors calling them fake b*tches and saying if they had a problem that they needed to come and confront her. Claire grabbed a knife from the kitchen and was banging on Destiny's door with it and saying that she oughta slit her throat for being fake. Destiny came out and told her that she didn't like her and that she needed to "take her ghetto ass back to bed and let people sleep because they have morning classes". Destiny then closed the door and Claire went to my other roommates door, let's call her Kelly. She said that she hated Kelly the most because she ws the most fake girl she ever met and that she was a "white snobby b*tch". Kelly was scared to death for her life and so she called the police. The police came and asked Claire who all was there. Claire said that it was only her and Lacey which was a lie. Destiny came out of her room and greeted the officer and he asked er how long she'd been there and Destiny said she'd been there all night. Claire had also thrown the knife in the kitchen sink before she answered the door to the cop. The officer asked Claire if she had a knife and she said that she didn't and the police told them to keep it down because they were disturbing the people on the lower floors too. As soon as he left Claire continued on being crazy. She shouted at Kelly's door that she was gonna sit her down at the table and slit her wrists and her throat and watch her die. She also shouted at my door, even though I wasn't there, that she was going to throw me off of our third story balcony. Kelly called the cops again and they came back and went into Kelly's room because she was too afraid to come out and she told them everything Claire had been saying. They arrested her at about 5 am and took her away. We wen to court on Wednesday morning and Claire was charged with 2 accounts of terroristic threats with a bond of 10,000. She is expelled from our university and never allowed to step foot back on this property again. She also is not allowed within 100 ft of Destiny, Kelly, or myself. Then Rick my ex wanted all his stuff back including the vape and I didn't have the energy to fuss for it. I had a vape and he sold mine to his brother and kept the money and gave me his nicer vape because he was going to use the money he made off of my vape to buy himself a new one. So some people have told me he technically stole it, but with all this going on I didn't care to fuss and try to keep it. That's the whole story of what brought me to VU.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand how traumatic that can all be. I was accused of rape when I was out riding my motorcycle. Cops & all. It is not funny. 6 other people said it didn't happen. The Cops & being thrown to the ground were real. You will get over it, but you won't ever forget it. You are your own Captain. Kiddy Time is over. Make damn sure you don't put yourself in that situation again.:cool:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Used properly, All TC does is maintain the highest temp possible just before yer' wick would burn.

Not trying to barge in here, but this is incorrect.
TC is not deigned nor never was designed to 'maintain' the temperature. it is not a thermostat. That is a huge misconception by many users. TC is more of temperature limiting. It is designed with the intent that you not exceed the set temperature and let the juice break down Into undesirable chemicals or a burnt wick.
The side effect of this can give the illusion of a maintained temperature and smoother vape experience, with what to some. Myself included, is an enhanced flavor.

I know its semantics, but in my mind the word maintained can give some newer embracers of the technology an unrealistic expectation.

And Claire is not a friend.

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not trying to barge in here, but this is incorrect.
TC is not deigned nor never was designed to 'maintain' the temperature. it is not a thermostat. That is a huge misconception by many users. TC is more of temperature limiting. It is designed with the intent that you not exceed the set temperature and let the juice break down Into undesirable chemicals or a burnt wick.
The side effect of this can give the illusion lf a maintained temperature and smoother vape experience, with what to some. Myself included, is an enhanced flavor.

I know its semantics, but in my mind the word maintained can give some newer embraces of the technology an unrealistic expectation.

And Claire is not a friend.
Ditto :cool:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is this thread really happening I mean are some members of VU really believing this..
I think I am losing my mind today am I someone tell me I am losing my mine and this is not true?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is this thread really happening I mean are some members of VU really believing this..
I think I am losing my mind today am I someone tell me I am losing my mine and this is not true?
What? My mind was scrambled years ago in a piano accident, help me out here. What happened? I just chirped in about the temp issus

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya' bro, that long winded story is sort'a hard to believe...I think I watched something like that on TV awhile back, lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think you just said the same thing I did. For all intents and purposes a "limit" is the same thing as a thermostat.
So nyahh. :)
no, no its not.
maybe its the engineer In me but it is vastly different
a limit is setting an arbitrary point (x) and letting it to do whatever it wants but not exceed 'x'
a thermostat in this case would be setting 'x' and the mod would try and reach 'x' and hold it there which is not the case at all.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya' bro, that long winded story is sort'a hard to believe...I think I watched something like that on TV awhile back, lol

I assume by your Avatar your a trucker. Maybe wrong. As a retired coast to coast hand I have seen things No Body would believe, so I say nothing. I have seen shit I don't even believe & I was there. Good read though. :cool:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I assume by your Avatar your a trucker. Maybe wrong. As a retired coast to coast hand I have seen things No Body would believe, so I say nothing. I have seen shit I don't even believe & I was there. Good read though. :cool:
Yep, been a trucker a long time...seen alot on the road, mostly bad accidents, drunk drivers, and dead people..but I'm going to take an early retirement soon.. Seen enough out there, coast to coast and in Canada... BTW, we have a bike club down here in sunny El Cajon (CA)
called the Saddletramps.. Lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All true... but this girl is a noob and that is kind of a ticky-tack semantics issue.

And I said that in my first post about it and stated why I defined it.
Ive seen many new users of the tech who had the thermostat idea in there head and it gave them a higher expectation than the reality of tc.

Yes its semantics, but how something is said to someone Leads them to have an expectation of a device

I would rather give a person realistic expectations before they invest time and money into it. That way they can make an educated decision on what would work best for them. Otherwise the frustration of NOT living up to the unrealistic expectation could make them NOT want to vape.

With that, I'm done posting on this thread

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not everyone has the same style of expressing their self's. I don't. I also don't follow a suggestion & treat it as fact. I observe, ponder, & make a decision based on the facts I have. Name calling is for children, it's not useful for adults. :cool: How it is.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Age & Education keep me a little bit, ;) Keep me from thinking "Barn Yard" crap someone thinks up. I can see this happening because it did in my generation. Horn Dog takes advantage of drunk chick. It's like yesterdays news.
Damn near everything you will ever do, has been already done. I am just so grateful I live now. It's lots of fun. :)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, been a trucker a long time...seen alot on the road, mostly bad accidents, drunk drivers, and dead people..but I'm going to take an early retirement soon.. Seen enough out there, coast to coast and in Canada... BTW, we have a bike club down here in sunny El Cajon (CA)
called the Saddletramps.. Lol

Rode inside Mom on Indians & Harleys. I'm screwed, I'm a member of the BBB. Biker Before Birth. 18 Wheelers are to pretty (When done nicely) not to drive. I grew up in Chula Vista, so your blessed already. Babes, Beer, & Bikes. :cool: How it is. ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I think we are a new project by @VaporJoes I mean I would not put it past him to put us on some kind of Reality show where him and TygerTyger are doing this if I turn on the Tv and see VaporJoe instead of "The Dog" Im going to lose it

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Saddletramp1200
I see you put your Like stamp on @UncleRJ's disrespectful post. Uncle's got priors for lynch-mobbing too.
Members who troll noobs hurt this forum... Men who pick on women are cowards.
I am not the person to judge others actions other than my own. I don't follow the fuckin' leader either. When I like something that's how it is. Your opinion of someone means nothing too me. Were both on a keyboard. So fuckin' what. LOL

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have seen and heard it all now....just tell me when and where i need to send my SSN to claim my 1,000,000 dollars from my nigerian prince friend.

VU Sponsors