Become a Patron!

hi vapors

just quit smoking and started vaping yesterday got myself a jex clone brass tube mod with a payload rda a few aoso brown 1600 batteries and a few bottles off 3mg around 100ml
first time making coils and it was easy to setup loving my dual coil setup @ 0.14ohm

i have a question

what's your favorite mod ?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Jhut :wave:

If this post is for real, you are vaping a pipe bomb and need to go to a different vape shop and replace the tube with a nice regulated mod and a high quality genuine Sony, LG or Samsung battery

While I am one of the few vets who does not entirely frown on new vapers using a mech, what you are doing is irresponsible and whoever sold it to you is a moron

Also, how do you know your coils are really at .14 resistance?

I have several favorite mods, btw, mainly mechanical squonkers

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome!!! Congrats on making the switch!!!

Just to answer your question:
My favorite mod is the vaporshark dna250
Next favorite is minikin v2 or a good Mech squonker.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU, your new rig sounds pretty sketchy bro. Just curious are you new to vaping as of yesterday or have you been vaping for 8 years?

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to VU, your new rig sounds pretty sketchy bro. Just curious are you new to vaping as of yesterday or have you been vaping for 8 years?
He was on a little wind up. There does seem to be a bit of an undertone on this forum that new vaper's can't possibly know what they are doing and need to be stopped from blowing their faces off - and not primarily out of concern for the person perceived as at risk of blowing their face off. He clearly picked up on that as I did.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
He was on a little wind up. There does seem to be a bit of an undertone on this forum that new vaper's can't possibly know what they are doing and need to be stopped from blowing their faces off - and not primarily out of concern for the person perceived as at risk of blowing their face off. He clearly picked up on that as I did.

And I quote "just quit smoking and started vaping yesterday got myself a jex clone brass tube"
And I further quote "I'm from the UK been vaping for around 8 years"

The question is genuine, It's good to know how long a person has been vaping, so you dont talk over their head if noob or talk to them like a noob if they have been doing it forever. The rest is simple math and those low amp, rewrap batteries.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
And I quote "just quit smoking and started vaping yesterday got myself a jex clone brass tube"
And I further quote "I'm from the UK been vaping for around 8 years"

The question is genuine, It's good to know how long a person has been vaping, so you dont talk over their head if noob or talk to them like a noob if they have been doing it forever. The rest is simple math and those low amp, rewrap batteries.

Like I said, he was on a bit of a wind up with the OP. In his follow up post he said as much

boom lol

hi Lucy and Cromwell :cheers:

imagine i was using that setup 40+Amps and 175w on a 15a battery :teehee:

thought i would start my first post here with a bang

And then latterly he gave us the reality of his situation.

I'm from the UK been vaping for around 8 years and a member of a few forums here but thought I'd join the USA forums in case I'm missing any cool things u guys have
I wouldn't get too hung up on how long someone has been vaping (or claim to have) as a measure of what people do and don't know.

He may have been vaping for 8 years but then the rule of three might apply here and his claim of 8 might mean the truth is nearer two and a half, who knows. He's clearly got a bit of knowledge though regardless of how long he has been vaping. He picked that battery type very deliberately and on his follow up demonstrated his knowledge of them. With his 15A comment it suggests he's read Mooch's review of them at some point.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Personally I find it irresponsible to make “assumptions” of ones knowledge base. I; as well as, many others try to err on the side of caution when giving advice. Especially with the current state of how vaping is publicly portrayed. Additionally many of us who are vets try to look out for each other and the newer vapors.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Like I said, he was on a bit of a wind up with the OP. In his follow up post he said as much

And then latterly he gave us the reality of his situation.

I wouldn't get too hung up on how long someone has been vaping (or claim to have) as a measure of what people do and don't know.

He may have been vaping for 8 years but then the rule of three might apply here and his claim of 8 might mean the truth is nearer two and a half, who knows. He's clearly got a bit of knowledge though regardless of how long he has been vaping. He picked that battery type very deliberately and on his follow up demonstrated his knowledge of them. With his 15A comment it suggests he's read Mooch's review of them at some point.

You can do whatever you want to. I am going to do the same. Its easier to ask and find out than go in circles trying to find a point of intersection in communications. Just because you have a robot cop as an avatar doesnt mean you get to try and police how others interact with one another here. Get off your high horse.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Personally I find it irresponsible to make “assumptions” of ones knowledge base. I; as well as, many others try to err on the side of caution when giving advice. Especially with the current state of how vaping is publicly portrayed. Additionally many of us who are vets try to look out for each other and the newer vapors.

Very true. You could be vaping for 10 years and not know one end of a battery from the other, or be a new to it but be capable of designing your own mech mod and using it safely or even designing your own regulated mod.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Very true. You could be vaping for 10 years and not know one end of a battery from the other, or be a new to it but be capable of designing your own mech mod and using it safely or even designing your own regulated mod.
Which is exactly why many of us, as members, try to focus on education. Especially when we are talking to newer members and users.
Speaking for myself: If any assumption is made it’s usually done to assume that the person has no background in vaping or electronic principles. I can’t and won’t speak for anyone else; but, I try to bear in mind that most people don’t know a vape mod from a dildo. Until I hear or see otherwise, it’s best for me to assume that. I keep in mind that when I started, I didn’t know an ego pen from a mechmod.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Which is exactly why many of us, as members, try to focus on education. Especially when we are talking to newer members and users.
Speaking for myself: If any assumption is made it’s usually done to assume that the person has no background in vaping or electronic principles. I can’t and won’t speak for anyone else; but, I try to bear in mind that most people don’t know a vape mod from a dildo. Until I hear or see otherwise, it’s best for me to assume that. I keep in mind that when I started, I didn’t know an ego pen from a mechmod.

Some of them certainly look like dildo's ;)

I don't suppose you've ever seen / come across any circuit diagrams for the boards in any regulated mods have you? I'm very interested getting a more comprehensive grip on their inner workings.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
@jhut, Sorry your thread got completely hijacked, derailed and driven off the side of a cliff and my part in that. Congrats on coming back to vaping and please be careful with that mod and its configuration. We look forward to having you around.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Some of them certainly look like dildo's ;)

I don't suppose you've ever seen / come across any circuit diagrams for the boards in any regulated mods have you? I'm very interested getting a more comprehensive grip on their inner workings.

Almost all of that can be easily found on the google machine.
evolv has plenty of that easily found online for the dna board on their website and their own forum.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Almost all of that can be easily found on the google machine.
evolv has plenty of that easily found online for the dna board on their website and their own forum.
I've had no joy finding anything whatsoever. There are plenty of physical diagrams and wiring diagrams showing how to connect the evolv board up, but can't find an actual circuit diagram for the board itself anywhere.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

I sure hope you were kidding about that setup in the first post, because that was an accident waiting to happen.

Me, I'm a mech squonkaholic like @JuicyLucy...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
hi vapors

just quit smoking and started vaping yesterday got myself a jex clone brass tube mod with a payload rda a few aoso brown 1600 batteries and a few bottles off 3mg around 100ml
first time making coils and it was easy to setup loving my dual coil setup @ 0.14ohm

i have a question

what's your favorite mod ?

Excuse me, this was supposed to be funny?

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Rip Tripper. the Vape review King. Or so he says....
Thanks. Just had a watch. His presentation style gets old fast. I'd rather read reviews than watch them. At least I can go at my own pace then rather than sit there for a fixed number of minutes while someone witters on.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only watched a few of Rips vids.
kept on for a few thinking they cannot all be this stupid....
I was wrong...

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Only watched a few of Rips vids.
kept on for a few thinking they cannot all be this stupid....
I was wrong...
I just watched his wormhole and smok alien reviews after you mentioned who he was. A lot of what he was saying wasn't particularly helpful as far as working out if I wanted either. There were snippets of handy information, but it was frustrating having to wait for them. If there was a written review you can just read it quickly, skim what isn't of interest and pick out what is and you wouldn't have to listen to him. I thought Elon Musk was frustrating to listen to when he is presenting, but this guy is on another level.

VU Sponsors