Become a Patron!

New mod help{you guys made me think}

Chadillac_Rex

Member For 2 Years
Ok so I'm going to buy a new mod. I gave up the single battery idea and started over. Here's a list of my needs/wants.

1) Durable, Heavy Duty, even Industrial
I work construction and need a stout mod

2) Runs on 18650's prefer 2 or 3

3) Compact, easily pocketable

4) Editable software

5) Keep it under $150, I'll spend more but it better be magical lol

6) I only run 75w so doesn't have to run higher than that.

7) Really want to avoid a trap door for the batteries.

8) Black, Black and Black all my tanks are black lol

Ok I think that's it lol. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The toughest thing one at the moment that i can think of is the aegis
https://www.vapordna.com/GeekVape-Aegis-Legend-200W-TC-Starter-Kit-p/gval20k.htm

I don’t own one, so can’t speal first hand; but, to my understanding it’s a tank.

I can speak to hexohm, simple, and indestructible. I dropped mine off a second floor balcony onto a concrete parking lot. The only thing that happened was I had to find the batteries. Popped them back in and it fired right up. It’s a tad out of your price range; but, it comes with a lifetime warranty https://cravingvapor.com/product-category/hardware/hexohm-box-mods/

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so I'm going to buy a new mod. I gave up the single battery idea and started over. Here's a list of my needs/wants.

1) Durable, Heavy Duty, even Industrial
I work construction and need a stout mod

2) Runs on 18650's prefer 2 or 3

3) Compact, easily pocketable

4) Editable software

5) Keep it under $150, I'll spend more but it better be magical lol

6) I only run 75w so doesn't have to run higher than that.

7) Really want to avoid a trap door for the batteries.

8) Black, Black and Black all my tanks are black lol

Ok I think that's it lol. Thanks in advance!

You've got some quite contradictory ideas there.

Compact / pocketable and 3 battery not gonna happen.

Industrial strength, but no "trap door" battery compartment. Magnetic battery covers pop off if you look at them funny, much less drop 'em.

Editable software. There are only a small handful of boards that allow editing (Yihi, Evolv [DNA], a select few Kanger mods, and, I think, Voopoo).

So, with that in mind...

The obvious choice... Geekvape Aegis Legend... Dual 18650 200 W and very rugged. Latching "trap door" battery cover and no editing software.

Voopoo Drag... Dual 18650 157 W, magnetic battery door, and editing software. Not sure how rugged... Certainly not water- and dust-proof.

Therion DNA 75/C... Dual 18650 (not easy to install cells, though) 75 W, editing software. Not sure how rugged.

Asmodus Minikin... Various versions... Not the 2 or any Kodama (stabwood)... Dual 18650, great battery door, relatively sturdy, no software.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If you can do without a screen, the Tesla Invader II ( 2 battery) or the II-III ( 2 and 3 battery depending on which battery door is used) are great dependable work mods. Instead of a screen you have a potentiometer dial to adjust output and an LED for battery indication, simple as it gets and durable, 5 clicks on or off, the closest mod to industrial I own. Also price is 40$ or so, if you do somehow manage to destroy it not as big a deal as more expensive mods. picked up a couple silicone sleeves for my II’s, they still look like new even though they live a rough life in the shop.

Also seems way more efficient than other regulated devices.
F32454_D1-1_AFE-4_D19-93_F4-_EDD997541690.jpg

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
Get the legend. Its tough as fuck and comes in black. All the stuff on your list wont matter when you break your mod.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Good budget. Here's a few more.
Compact dual batt pocketable is going to be what that means to you. Not that many that hits many of your marks and still small imo.
VapeCige VTBox 250C <$150

Another that comes to mind is Modefined Sirius. Another very solid build and all metal. Built like a tank actually. Bottom door, but latches firmly and stays latched. All the parts have excellent fitment. Not customizable. Easy to navigate. Fits 28mm w/o overhang. Has a place for a lanyard, with which if the right length could use it even if pants pocketing, or shirt pocket, or around neck. Not lightweight but that lends to it's ruggedness. Don't think there's a black, but there's a black/grey. Great buy at only about $40.
Edit: size
hc.jpg

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you can do without a screen, the Tesla Invader II ( 2 battery) or the II-III ( 2 and 3 battery depending on which battery door is used) are great dependable work mods. Instead of a screen you have a potentiometer dial to adjust output and an LED for battery indication, simple as it gets and durable, 5 clicks on or off, the closest mod to industrial I own. Also price is 40$ or so, if you do somehow manage to destroy it not as big a deal as more expensive mods. picked up a couple silicone sleeves for my II’s, they still look like new even though they live a rough life in the shop.

Also seems way more efficient than other regulated devices.
F32454_D1-1_AFE-4_D19-93_F4-_EDD997541690.jpg

This is a solid recommendation (IMO). These are great little mods and you can find them for very cheap and they just work. there are no frills but it just works.

Chadillac_Rex

Member For 2 Years
Thanks so much! The Geekvape Legend looks great! Just ordered one! Thanks Again!

VU Sponsors