Become a Patron!

New mod to replace the Kanger 160

Eilchner

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

I got on the squonking waggon a couple of months ago with the Kanger and added a Peerless to it not so long ago. I'm definitely enjoying it so far, but the size is a major con for everyday use. I was thinking about getting a single battery mod for everyday usage (pairing it with the Wasp Nano) and leaving the Kanger + Peerless combo for home usage.

I have no idea what to get. My budget is around £60-70. I don't mind if it's regulated or mech and I don't mind ordering from Fasttech. I usually vape at around 60-65 W, so the Pico is a bit too weak. From what I've seen, my options are the Stentorian Ram or VT Inbox. I've also considered getting a Frankenskull and Icarus clone and modding the insides, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

One more thing- I've also been considering the Gorge RDA instead of the Wasp. Which one is better flavour-wise?

Many thanks for your help

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FastTech has the Steel vape Phoenix 20700 mod for preorder for $36, the release was supposed to be today but as of yesterday they changed it to a unknown date. Gearbest did have it on there site but pulled it off yesterday, they must have some issues but it's affordable and with a 20700 battery it's a huge advantage if you want to wait a few .

Eilchner

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not really sure about that one. It's quite similar to getting an Icarus clone and changing the 510 from what I can see.

violreta3101

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have coppervape bf in brass. its a single battery and size is compact. the brass version hits hard with right build. I currently have with peerless rda on it running 0.25ohms duel coil. flavor and clouds is good. make sure you get the brass version instead of stainless steel. i own both version and brass one hits way harder. its pretty heavy but it feels good in hand. hope this helps. good luck~~

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have coppervape bf in brass. its a single battery and size is compact. the brass version hits hard with right build. I currently have with peerless rda on it running 0.25ohms duel coil. flavor and clouds is good. make sure you get the brass version instead of stainless steel. i own both version and brass one hits way harder. its pretty heavy but it feels good in hand. hope this helps. good luck~~
I too recommend the Coppervape very much.
I however like the silver/aluminum one.
Hits just as hard as the brass, is lighter and does not smell of brass and no paint to chip/scratch like the black one.
Just my likes though others vary.
The atty that comes with the CV is as with most all comes with attys kinda meh.

My CV's are my out and about squonkers and my DB 160's are my at home squonkers.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also found there was no difference in the way a silver(aluminum) or copper CV hits.
Per Mooch's testing there is virtually no difference in what the body of a mech mod is made of as relating to how hard it hits.

My aluminum one it a tough sucker. It is my outside work mod and gets dropped a lot. Just a couple little gravel dimples and such in it so far though. Been using it about 8 months daily.
I have a cell phone belt holder that I use with it.

SAM_0195.JPG

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must have gotten a bad one then. I pit same atty with same battery and there was quite alot of difference.
You have to make sure the screw hole for the switch on the brass springy strap is centered well in the hole for the switch. Otherwise poor firing.

a thing with mechs. Most require some fiddling to get to work best and all require more maintenance than a regulated mod.

also with mine the screw that came in the repair kit from FT worked better than the original screw.
The replacement screw did not have threads all the way up the shank.

Once I got mine lined out it works flawlessly now with only a cleaning every 2 weeks or so.

the thing about the body really not making any difference is because of it's size it a great big parallel wire in essence and resistance differences are very negligible between different body materials.

Last edited:

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I must have gotten a bad one then. I pit same atty with same battery and there was quite alot of difference.
Might just be dirty contacts. Try disassembling everything, clean with alcohol, and put a thin coat of No-Ox-Id where ever metal touchs metal.

http://www.ebay(.com)/itm/Sanchem-I...433416?hash=item43f0e64c08:g:eEYAAMXQ0v1RZvaf

http://www.ebay(.com)/itm/NO-OX-ID-Conductive-Electrical-Contact-Grease-Anti-Corrosion-TWO-2-ounce-Tubs/322475478103?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

replace (.com)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

also wipe down the mating surfaces between top and bottom of the CV mod every couple of refills.

ALL Mechs require more service and cleaning.

violreta3101

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have replaced the contacts with the ft repair kit and results were same :( I have also disassembled and cleaned it down. my brass one works flawlessly. regardless coppervape is awsome mod :)

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you want a regulated. There is the VT Inbox Dna75 which can be had for under $80 from China. I have heard good things about it, dont own one though. I prefer mech sqounks. Worth a look.

Eilchner

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm passing on the Inbox. I don't really need a DNA chip for daily use, and the size difference, compared to mechs is quite big.
I'm stumped between getting the Ram or Coppervape.

Does the Coppervape take regular sized bottles? I'd want to put super-softs inside. Also, is the 510 spring-loaded?
It's a shame that there isn't much feedback on the Ram yet, I love the way the green resin one looks...

violreta3101

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm passing on the Inbox. I don't really need a DNA chip for daily use, and the size difference, compared to mechs is quite big.
I'm stumped between getting the Ram or Coppervape.

Does the Coppervape take regular sized bottles? I'd want to put super-softs inside. Also, is the 510 spring-loaded?
It's a shame that there isn't much feedback on the Ram yet, I love the way the green resin one looks...

coppervape takes 10ml bottle. 510 is not spring loaded.

VU Sponsors