Become a Patron!

New MTL user question

Hello everyone

I am a DL vaper since midyear using Vandy Vape Pulse X with Wotofo Profile RDA. Its very fine but I felt that I need something else, so I bought a Berserker v1.5 mini MTL RTA.
I have built it and tried it, but where are the flavours gone? Did I expect too much?
The build is made with kanthal 1.1ohms coil (18-20W)
The liquids I’d like to vape are two weeks old 12mg/ml Black Note Perique and Cavendish made with nic salts (never tried nic salt before). The Cavendish was tried in dl and it was awesome!
Maybe I have to try another type of coil (e.g.: Ni80? Or less resistance? Maybe as I said I expect as many flavour as I get when I use the Profile RDA and its my fault? Or the liquids arent aged enough?

Thanks for all the advices :)

I’m vaping a berserker mini [email protected] single coil .3x.3 square stainless at 11w. Is it possible you are trying to DL vape on a mtl atty?

No way, i smoked before, so I know how to do it, here is my kit (disassemled bf).
The coil I use is Vandy vape A1 Kanthal 1.1ohms. VV attached 0.75ohms Ni80 coil, should I give it a try? Maybe the material causes the issue?
The problem is the flavour. the flavours are more intense in the Wotofo RDA.

Attachments

• 88E44972-6AA0-4BD5-9DD6-B25A027BB5F5.jpeg
    88E44972-6AA0-4BD5-9DD6-B25A027BB5F5.jpeg
    1,002 KB · Views: 8

bombastinator

Member For 2 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well yeah. There’s a reason DL took off. You use a lot more liquid per vape so there’s going to be more flavoring liquid in your mouth. MTL does use flavoring more efficiently, but a juice designed for DL isn’t going to produce DL levels of flavor in a MTL atty. MTL has different characteristics. Smaller cloud, less power use, less liquid use, which go together to make smaller device.

I was DL but went MTL again because giant clouds started being really socially unacceptable where I live. I reformulated my juices though.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I vape both, but mix different for each.
My dl juice are usually 2-3mg and 10-12% flavoring
My mtl juice are normally either 6 or 12 mg (depending on atty) and 15-18% flavoring.

Vaping is really a right tool for right job sort of thing.
When I screw up and put my mtl juice in a dl atty, it feels like grim reaper crawled into my throat.

Omg you are right, probably the problem caused by the proportion. 10% is fine in DL, but I will have to increase to ~15%
Maybe some more aging will help the liquid to taste better. Two weeks for DL is enough, maybe need more in MTL.
Thanks for all the help

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This bumps the flavor up for a MTL setup compared to round wire...
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10050591/9653075-authentic-coilology-316l-stainless-steel-mtl
9653075-authentic-coilology-316l-stainless-steel-mtl

I have a lot of MTL attys but the Berserker RTA is one I just can't seem to dial in for flavour using Nic Salts, I've not quite given up on it as I like a challenge but my goto builds give muted flavour, next attempt will be SS316L Fused Claptons.

There are far better and cheaper MTL attys that are flavour givers, the KF Lite clone from Fasttech is exceptional and my current 'flavour'ite MTL RTA.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9690417

I use this atty as a benchmark when reviewing Nic Salts, if it lacks flavour then the juice is crap.

Here's my top 4 MTL benchmark flavour givers and all nice and cheap :)

Rachael-Rabbit-Nic-Salt-2.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a lot of MTL attys but the Berserker RTA is one I just can't seem to dial in for flavour using Nic Salts, I've not quite given up on it as I like a challenge but my goto builds give muted flavour, next attempt will be SS316L Fused Claptons.

There are far better and cheaper MTL attys that are flavour givers, the KF Lite clone from Fasttech is exceptional and my current 'flavour'ite MTL RTA.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9690417

I use this atty as a benchmark when reviewing Nic Salts, if it lacks flavour then the juice is crap.

Here's my top 4 MTL benchmark flavour givers and all nice and cheap :)

View attachment 149359
Agreed on the Beserker. I have v1 and v1.5, and cannot dial in either. I also have not given up, but zero luck so far. I have tried a ton of em, but +1 on the kayfun light, and 2019 kayfun is hands down my go to flavor mtl tank.

VU Sponsors