Become a Patron!

[New] My MVP E-Cig tank won't unscrew (Aerotank Mega SS)?

Hello, I recently purchased a MVP 2 E-Cig with an Aerotank Mega SS. After I found out that the Aerotank didn't work (already used) and I got another free one I was prompted to remove the tank from the MVP, but it won't remove. I removed the top half where you pour in the juice. But the adjustable airflow and beauty ring won't budge and come off. Any help? I tried using grip, wrenches, and heat.

Note: I do not have pliers to use, nor will I buy them.

Thanks all for reading.

Northern Michigan Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm afraid that your only choice is to get some pliers. I would recommend you don't tighten it very tight. Sometimes the beauty ring will get cross threaded and makes it quite the workout getting it all apart.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had to lock tight the rings to my mom's mvp 1s since she would crank them to the land of pliers needed.
You could have a cross thread.
Go to SEARS and use a set of pliers hanging there.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry, looks like pliers may be required. And peraps some cloth or a piece of leather to protect the finish of the area that you will be applying the jaws to.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its always best to just put things on finger tight. but this stuff happens and I normally use these to get my wife's tanks off her devices.. do you have or have you used something like this? There are times when these wont work and the only thing to do is like UNcleRJ said, put something around the atty like a belt or thik material like an oven mitt and use channel locks. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

w2135_jar_gripper.jpg

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
fully open the afc and put a small screwdriver, end of a paperclip, whatever fits and use it as a level. my wife does this all the time and I laugh at her everytime.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BTW... you do realize that the beauty ring is not attached to the atty right? You can't unscrew the ring until the atty is off the mod.

VU Sponsors