Become a Patron!

New Profile Unity RTA

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I decided to go with the included ORF mesh for the first try and @VAPEROXX Dat White Stuff. Loosely following @MrMeowgi tutorial, while also attempting to translate my experience with the RDA into it as well. Not to mention all you other guys who so patiently helped me with the RDA. All that kinda going through my mind.
View attachment 134819
View attachment 134820 View attachment 134821 View attachment 134822 View attachment 134823
Your wicking looks like mine, we must be onto something.
How are your results?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your wicking looks like mine, we must be onto something.
How are your results?
One side came out a little thicker than the other, but so far not a single dry hit at 60 watts and wicking pretty good. That alone is a miraculous improvement over the RDA for me. The flavor and vapor production are good, but not blowing me away. The cotton is still new though too.
20190330_222922_cr.jpg
Oh yeah. I did get some gurgling right after priming it and right after filling it all the way and screwing the cap down, but that went away after a couple hits.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One side came out a little thicker than the other, but so far not a single dry hit at 60 watts and wicking pretty good. That alone is a miraculous improvement over the RDA for me. The flavor and vapor production are good, but not blowing me away. The cotton is still new though too.
View attachment 134832
Oh yeah. I did get some gurgling right after priming it and right after filling it all the way and screwing the cap down, but that went away after a couple hits.
Sweet

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 134832
That's a really nice looking setup.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's nuthin wrong with this RTA. I vastly prefer it over the RDA. No dry hits at all, wicks good and vapes fine. Even looks cool. I could even say I like it.

It's just that for me personally, it doesn't hold a candle to other RTAs I have. My vape experience woudn't have suffered had mesh strips never been invented. Truth be told, I find myself reaching for the Big Baby Beast with the RBA deck which is sitting right next to it. The Lotus buries mesh as far as my preferred vape is concerned. The RTA will probably wind up with a single in it too.

I'm definitely not sorry I bought em though.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I completely ignored MrMeowgi gsmit1 and everybody else. Put in my regular rayon/cotton tampon build. Did my 45 cut on the bottom. Think I botched it and bent the mesh. I'm used to having space on the side of the clamp to hold it all in while I clamp it. Epic fail, ohm went from .16 to .26, burnt the rayon in the middle. Oh well, will try again tomorrow.
20190401_205939.jpg 20190401_205948.jpg

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is this thing worth buying? I cancelled my slowtech order because it went from shipping on 03/25 to 04/01 to now 04/15. I'm gonna order it from wotofo if it's worth it.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So is this thing worth buying? I cancelled my slowtech order because it went from shipping on 03/25 to 04/01 to now 04/15. I'm gonna order it from wotofo if it's worth it.
For me yes, if you like the rda you will like this. If you vape at higher wattages, you may not...

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me yes, if you like the rda you will like this. If you vape at higher wattages, you may not...
I don't have a specific vape that I use exclusively. I vape higher watts with dual aliens on my dead rabbit rta on my dna250c (high watts for me is like 75w with tc mode), on my therion that I got from some guy on here :wave: I am actually using the recurve that he was so kind to include and I keep that with an alien at like 55W, I've got a profile on a recurve squonk mod (thats around 80w) and I love it on there with the nexmesh. I also have another profile that I use on another mech with SS mesh and that's less watts because less battery power, and I have a couple other setups I use too. I do love my two profiles and used them exclusively for a while, but I do find I still like coil setups and TC mode.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you look around many of the online shopsn like Elem.8Vape and Myvpro have them in stock....I only ask the wattage because I have vaped it between 33 & 65 watts. I have found that depending on the juice it shines below 55.. I have not found anything to complain about on this Rta. Even at 33 watts it produces a good amount of vapor. YMMV

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you look around many of the online shopsn like Elem.8Vape and Myvpro have them in stock....I only ask the wattage because I have vaped it between 33 & 65 watts. I have found that depending on the juice it shines below 55.. I have not found anything to complain about on this Rta. Even at 33 watts it produces a good amount of vapor. YMMV
Is the flavor on par or better than the RDA?

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The reason I ask is because I have both profiles on squonk mods. I am just wondering if I really need it? Is it going to provide me anything that the profile on a squnok wont?

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The reason I ask is because I have both profiles on squonk mods. I am just wondering if I really need it? Is it going to provide me anything that the profile on a squnok wont?
I have two Profiles on squonks and two more on the way...Need is an arbitrary term..:devil: I have put a bunch of attys in the bottom drawer, I expect this to be my goto Rta.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I completely ignored MrMeowgi gsmit1 and everybody else. Put in my regular rayon/cotton tampon build. Did my 45 cut on the bottom. Think I botched it and bent the mesh. I'm used to having space on the side of the clamp to hold it all in while I clamp it. Epic fail, ohm went from .16 to .26, burnt the rayon in the middle. Oh well, will try again tomorrow.
View attachment 134959 View attachment 134960
Ignoring me may not be your worst move ever :giggle:

I'm getting 70 watts now reliably and turned the preheat down to normal on the Cylon and it's waking up for me. I know you guys have heard that before, but I think this time is different. I can see myself going to this if it stays here.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do vape at higher wattages most of the time and while 70 is not exactly sky high, it's much higher than I was getting with the RDA. Judging from what it's giving me at 70, I'm betting I can get a little more.

I have an idea inspired by @BobsHere rayon thing. When I get a chance I'm going to try it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ignoring me may not be your worst move ever :giggle:

I'm getting 70 watts now reliably and turned the preheat down to normal on the Cylon and it's waking up for me. I know you guys have heard that before, but I think this time is different. I can see myself going to this if it stays here.
Yay.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do vape at higher wattages most of the time and while 70 is not exactly sky high, it's much higher than I was getting with the RDA. Judging from what it's giving me at 70, I'm betting I can get a little more.

I have an idea inspired by @BobsHere rayon thing. When I get a chance I'm going to try it.

Round 2 for me will have to wait for tomorrow. Need to tweak it a bit for the RTA me thinks.

I did try something for kicks the other day on the RDA. I used 2 pieces of the rayon rope and cut it at the normal 45 degree angle across the top like everyone does with cotton. Wicked fine, never a dry hit with rayon, but the vape went cold, tasteless and overall anemic. I could feel cooler air being pulled in with same airflow setting as usual, top row closed. I think it was due to the lack of a "shoulder" on the wick that I have on my normal build that was taking up space in the chamber. I re-wicked rather quickly and all back to good for me. I don't know but I doubt cotton could be used as I normally build them, it just does not wick the same.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does everybody but me love the Profile RTA? o_O

This time I left out the tampon and just used a full piece of rayon, cut tails in half on the bottom.
It's a different vape than the RDA........more air, not as saturated, trails a bit on flavor.....
I did switch out the narrow bore tip for the wider one from an RDA and flavor is better to me. Previously tried the 22mm conv cap with the narrow bore tip on the RDA and thought it muted quite a bit. Wider seems better.
Flooded the F out of it when I refilled it, not sure how I did that.
I like it, just not so sure how much. Round 3 might consist of....gasp....cotton? :crazy:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

This time I left out the tampon and just used a full piece of rayon, cut tails in half on the bottom.
It's a different vape than the RDA........more air, not as saturated, trails a bit on flavor.....
I did switch out the narrow bore tip for the wider one from an RDA and flavor is better to me. Previously tried the 22mm conv cap with the narrow bore tip on the RDA and thought it muted quite a bit. Wider seems better.
I like it, just not so sure how much. Round 3 might consist of....gasp....cotton? :crazy:
Something I have done is add a spring under the block and thinned the wick so it is snug but not tight under the coil.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't wanna hear nuthin from you bub. If I got this thing working on the first try, I KNOW you are gonna get it. Sure I have all that nose to nose with the RDA under my belt and some good tips from guys like @MrMeowgi , but if I can do it, you can do it.

On a side note I don't think the characteristics of Rayon lend themselves well to an RTA generally. I don't know that as I've never tried it, and it's all in my muddled head so far, but think with me. Rayon contracts when saturated. The exact opposite of cotton. That would seem to make wicking an RTA with straight Rayon hard to calculate.

I have this idea I'm going to try. I'm going to take some Rayon and tease it out into a thin pad type shape and roll it outside of a core of cotton. Maybe 60/40 (or 70/30) cotton core/rayon shell. You see where I'm going with this. If it works, you get the vapor characteristics of the Rayon with a cotton core expanding inside it. Maybe the best of both worlds.

OR... it's a completely hair brained idea that will fall on it's face.

I also considered just twisting or mixing or braiding several small strands of each together into one wick, but I don't think that will work as good, if either did.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a side note I don't think the characteristics of Rayon lend themselves well to an RTA generally.
I use it in my mtl rta's, works like a champ. Just stuff it tight in the coil and cut the tails by at least half. Too tight in the coil it mutes, to little it pops, and get the tails right for wicking vs leaking, same as cotton.

Rayon contracts when saturated. The exact opposite of cotton. That would seem to make wicking an RTA with straight Rayon hard to calculate.
That's why I use the cotton tampon in the profile.
It's not hard once you do a couple rta's.

it's a completely hair brained idea that will fall on it's face.
Maybe, but mesh is a different animal, it's all about keeping that wick juiced and up to the cotton. Nothing is off the table.

I still think the rayon/tampon will be my wick in the rta. It's worked well for me in the rda. I'm just not used to the wick slots next to the clamp. That's normally where my fingers go when I'm holding all that shit in there.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry boys, looks like the RTA is just not for me....
How strange that @gsmit1 doesn't like the mesh in the rda but now seems to have a blossoming love affair with the rta....
For me it's seems to be the opposite.
Strike 3 was wotofo cotton, nexmesh, wicked as @MrMeowgi and wotofo show.
The air is different, the vape is different, the flavor is just not as good.
I'll jack with it a little more but for now it's a why bother...
(I think I'm sounding like gsmit1 swearing off the rda...)

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
+
How strange that @gsmit1 doesn't like the mesh in the rda but now seems to have a blossoming love affair with the rta....
I use Cotn cotton, takes a while to break in but wicks easily, sometimes less is more. Yes the rta is different as the air has farther to go. lower wattage and close down AFC a hole or two.Don't give up now, you've come this far. Took me a couple of weeks to get the serpent elevate to work.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know about love affair, but it's up in my group of RTAs that I think I'll use for quite a while. :)

I don't get any of the red faced aggravations that I had with the RDA. I;m just being honest.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just realized I put this in the wrong thread over there. Was supposed to be here.
============================================
i think this is gonna be the jackpot right here. If somebody else thought of it too, that's fine, but I think this is it. @KingPin! review, he directly mentioned and had a pic of the two little wicking holes on each side further up the chamber. That was a head smacking moment for me. I haven't said much in a few days because I started to get some hideous leaking upon refill and I wanted to see if I could work it out. The holes are going to be the answer.

This pic is the rayon wrapped in dat white stuff I was talking about above, but that's a different post.

After trimming even with edge of the base, I pulled the wick upward from the end and stuffed what I could from the bottom into the channel working my way up until it was tight, but not too tight, and then cut what was left STRAIGHT while protruding just a hair past the channels. This will stick the upper ends of the wick right into and against the two little holes. Cutting at an angle leaves the wicking loose there if it touches the holes at all.

I filled it up after priming about 15 minutes ago and not one drop of gurgle or leaking and I'm up to 70 watts and 5 second hits that rock with no sign of dryness either.

So the holes wick the pom poms on top and the channels wick the tails from the bottom with each part blocking any excess.

Something could still go wrong, but I am VERY hopeful about this.
20190411_131930_cr-jpg.135755

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just realized I put this in the wrong thread over there. Was supposed to be here.
============================================
i think this is gonna be the jackpot right here. If somebody else thought of it too, that's fine, but I think this is it. @KingPin! review, he directly mentioned and had a pic of the two little wicking holes on each side further up the chamber. That was a head smacking moment for me. I haven't said much in a few days because I started to get some hideous leaking upon refill and I wanted to see if I could work it out. The holes are going to be the answer.

This pic is the rayon wrapped in dat white stuff I was talking about above, but that's a different post.

After trimming even with edge of the base, I pulled the wick upward from the end and stuffed what I could from the bottom into the channel working my way up until it was tight, but not too tight, and then cut what was left STRAIGHT while protruding just a hair past the channels. This will stick the upper ends of the wick right into and against the two little holes. Cutting at an angle leaves the wicking loose there if it touches the holes at all.

I filled it up after priming about 15 minutes ago and not one drop of gurgle or leaking and I'm up to 70 watts and 5 second hits that rock with no sign of dryness either.

So the holes wick the pom poms on top and the channels wick the tails from the bottom with each part blocking any excess.

Something could still go wrong, but I am VERY hopeful about this.
20190411_131930_cr-jpg.135755
I heard Joel and Brian ( Mr Just Right and TVC ) over the weekend talking about damming the side holes. Have not had a leak in three days. I have been thinking of posting that but I could not have explained it as well as you have.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard Joel and Brian ( Mr Just Right and TVC ) over the weekend talking about damming the side holes. Have not had a leak in three days. I have been thinking of posting that but I could not have explained it as well as you have.
I did not know that. :)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow that thing is ugly to me. And after the kylin 2 leaking thread @Mykreign was in I'm not sure about them
Yeah I wouldn't do it. I was done with VV before the kylin V2. Swore i'd never buy another product from them, but then I watched vaping with vic's review of the kylin V2 and he pretty much jizzed all over the camera talking about it. So I bought it and the kylin V2 leaking thread started. ...Fool me twice...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I wouldn't do it. I was done with VV before the kylin V2. Swore i'd never buy another product from them, but then I watched vaping with vic's review of the kylin V2 and he pretty much jizzed all over the camera talking about it. So I bought it and the kylin V2 leaking thread started. ...Fool me twice...
Can't stand reviewers like that. But then I feel like I did that with the profile rda. I love it and some people just couldn't get the mesh to work for them

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking the exact same thing about that leaky leak thread too.
It's a pass for me.
Me too. Not finding much shiny lately bought a new armor rta that Gadget recommended and a replacement Glas rdsa since I broke a post on my other one

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You had other problems too I take it?

VU Sponsors