Become a Patron!

New RDA, started to leak through bottom pin.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone.

I did make a thread a while ago about juice under RDA's and tanks, but this is slightly different so thought I would ask how to remedy this.

I got a new mod, and RDA around about 3 weeks ago. The setup works great, and until a few days ago I had no issues at all. EDIT: Mod is a Wotofo Phantom with standard 510 topcap, and RDA is a Wotofo Lush RDA.

Now though, no matter what, whenever I open the mod there is juice on the battery. This did not happen until a few days ago, the inside of the mod would always be dry, but now juice keeps getting through the bottom positive screw, and inside of my mod.

I have disassembled the RDA, and cleaned it all, and put it back together, but it still is leaking. I have checked the insulators, and they are in place, and it seems like juice should not be able to get through.

I don't mind a little juice getting onto my mod, as I expect this and give it a wipe, but it is only in the past few days it has started to actually get inside the mod. I have put a new build in today, as I have just been rewicking, but I find it odd it has only just started to happen. The RDA has a pretty deep juice well, but I just drip enough to saturate the cotton, but it still seems to be getting on the positive end of my battery.

I have cleaned the mod of all juice today, completely taking it apart.

Any ideas on how to prevent this would be great, as I know for the first couple of weeks everything was completely dry, but now isn't :(.

EDIT: Here is an image of how the juice is getting onto my batteries-
YkkvWEQ.jpg
. This is far from ideal, so any ideas on stopping this from happening would be a massive help. I have not changed the way I drip since buying the mod and RDA, so am quite baffled.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First obvious question... what are the mod and rda?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Doh! That would help wouldn't it!

It is a Wotofo Phantom mech mod, using the standard 510 top cap, not the Hybrid. The RDA is a Wotofo Lush RDA.

I generally vape regulated mods, so never really have encountered this before. It didn't happen when the set up was new though, so I am a bit confused as to why it has started now, and also how best to stop it happening.

EDIT: here is an image of the top positive contact. Due to the design, I would of thought it would of been very hard for juice to get through, but each time I have noticed juice I have taken everything apart, and sure enough it has been coming through the 510.
MKBtvKl.jpg

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure about the lush but the troll (by the same company) has a little o-ring under the 510 screw.
Remove the screw and check if it's torn or not there and replace it, then tighten the screw as much as possible.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure about the lush but the troll (by the same company) has a little o-ring under the 510 screw.
Remove the screw and check if it's torn or not there and replace it, then tighten the screw as much as possible.
The Lush does have the same little O-ring under the 510 screw, it looks fine and not damaged when I inspected it, but the RDA did come with extra insulators and O-rings, so I will give it a try replacing it. I do have the screw backed out very slightly, as fully tight it is completely flush, actually slightly inside of the 510 connection so I didn't feel too safe using it that way.

It has to be something causing it to happen, as it didn't happen when I first got the set up, so probably is something simple- it is just figuring out what lol.

EDIT: I don't want to speak too quickly, but since rebuilding earlier today there has so far been no juice leaking. Hopefully it was just being a bit picky in how far the screw needs to be to form a tight seal, and I have it back at the right amount of enough to create a seal, but enough so it is not up inside of the RDA.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the thread, I have a Boreas that does the same thing... ;)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the thread, I have a Boreas that does the same thing... ;)
I am glad it is not just me then- it is worrying when you are not used to this happening isn't it.

So far, so good today. I hope when I put everything back together it has stayed sealed enough that I won't get juice all over my batteries :)

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The Lush does have the same little O-ring under the 510 screw, it looks fine and not damaged when I inspected it, but the RDA did come with extra insulators and O-rings, so I will give it a try replacing it. I do have the screw backed out very slightly, as fully tight it is completely flush, actually slightly inside of the 510 connection so I didn't feel too safe using it that way.

It has to be something causing it to happen, as it didn't happen when I first got the set up, so probably is something simple- it is just figuring out what lol.

EDIT: I don't want to speak too quickly, but since rebuilding earlier today there has so far been no juice leaking. Hopefully it was just being a bit picky in how far the screw needs to be to form a tight seal, and I have it back at the right amount of enough to create a seal, but enough so it is not up inside of the RDA.

Just a thought, if your 510 pin is inside when fully tightened you can easily fix that. What i have done was remove the positive pin, and then using a diamond stone or youcan use a file/sandpaper or whatever, slightly remove some of the threaded ssection making it just a little shorter. this way when you tighten the positive pin it is still extended outside of it. Ive dont this on a few of the cheaper clones I bought when i first started. as long as it is still long enough for the positive pin to make good contact I have never had an issue.

VU Sponsors