Become a Patron!

new regulated Pulse 80w w/ Gene chip

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys,

Anyone else noticed this???

https://thebestvape.com/product/vandy-vape-pulse-bf-80w-box-mod/

I'm very excited for this mod. I've been waiting for an affordable, regulated, small-ish, duel battery (single 20700 will do for now) squonk mod for awhile. And I love my Voopoo Drag, it's performance, and its resin look. I'm sold on this thing but...

They clearly did something different with the bottle in the mod. It's listed as coming with the 30ml refill bottle, so I'm guessing it doesn't use the standard setup. I hope it's not something stupid/gimmicky like the Innokin Liftbox...

What do you guys think?

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The refill bottle is just a refill bottle, not the bottle in the mod.
I just hope it will take a common bottle we use.
Just wish it was as small as the RSQ.
Hopefully 2x700 with greater than 3000mah will be available soon, otherwise my LG HG2s have the same capacity.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
^This!! And I'm not sure what could possibly be sooooo different inside behind the battery panel. It's gotta have a battery and a squonk bottle inside, and that doesn't leave much more room for anything else. My guess is it has something to do with how it squonks, but don't know what could be done with a standard bottle that has to be pressed. The Asmodus Spruzza has a lever/switch you press to get liquid into the atty, but this obviously doesn't have that. There isn't anything that can be seen outside the mod other than the standard cutout, and that means the bottle has to pressed by hand. I thought maybe that was done with everyone just to hype it up. I don't think Tony would actually do that, though, because that would probably piss-off a lot of people.
So is everyone else thinking about what it could be? If you are, what do you think the mystery is?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
^This!! And I'm not sure what could possibly be sooooo different inside behind the battery panel. It's gotta have a battery and a squonk bottle inside, and that doesn't leave much more room for anything else. My guess is it has something to do with how it squonks, but don't know what could be done with a standard bottle that you has to be pressed. The Asmodus Spruzza has a lever/switch you press to get liquid into the atty, but this obviously doesn't have that. There isn't anything that can be seen outside the mod other than the standard cutout, and that means the bottle has to pressed by hand. I thought maybe that was done with everyone just to hype it up. I don't think Tony would actually do that, though, because that would probably piss-off a lot of people.
So is everyone else thinking about what it could be? If you are, what do you think the mystery is?

Haven’t a clue :D

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We've been talking about it in another thread.

Sorry for double posting then. I tried searching but only found references to the mech Pulse. Apparently my search capabilities on this site are lacking lol. Could I get a link?

Just wish it was as small as the RSQ.
Hopefully 2x700 with greater than 3000mah will be available soon, otherwise my LG HG2s have the same capacity.

Are you sure the refill bottle is just an included extra? It doesn't make sense for Vandy Vape to just throw it in if they could sell it separately. I really hope you're right, but I'm worried the setup makes it difficult to traditionally refill the internal bottle so they are including the refill bottle.

The Samsung 30T should be out by this summer. I've seen in on a wholesale site already, but you had to buy like 500+ of them. But it's a 21700. I really, really hope this mod can take 21700s as well but I doubt it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure the refill bottle is just an included extra? It doesn't make sense for Vandy Vape to just throw it in if they could sell it separately.

The Capo by Ijoy and the Therion 75DNAc both came with a 30 ml refill bottle included

Last edited:

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sorry for double posting then. I tried searching but only found references to the mech Pulse. Apparently my search capabilities on this site are lacking lol. Could I get a link?

Are you sure the refill bottle is just an included extra? It doesn't make sense for Vandy Vape to just throw it in if they could sell it separately. I really hope you're right, but I'm worried the setup makes it difficult to traditionally refill the internal bottle so they are including the refill bottle.

The Samsung 30T should be out by this summer. I've seen in on a wholesale site already, but you had to buy like 500+ of them. But it's a 21700. I really, really hope this mod can take 21700s as well but I doubt it.

No, you didn't double post at all! I wasn't saying that to be rude, just letting you know some members have been talking about it.
I hadn't even considered the possibility that it might not have a standard squonk bottle inside. I wouldn't like that at all!! It does make sense for them to include that refill bottle if there wasn't a standard internal bottle, though. Crap, now I'm worried you might be right! I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions yet. We'll just have to wait and see what Vandy Vape announces. Your guess of what the inside mystery is makes more sense than mine, unfortunately....

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seriously doubt the bottle isn’t removable. I bet it’s some kind of filling system that works with certain bottles.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's good to know. I guess I'm reading too much into VandyVape trying to keep the internals under wraps lol.

Okay, I did watch the vid - sounds like they are just hyping the internals to me

Really, they said they already sold some at the convention, but aren't allowing the camera to show the internal? Unless they made the buyers sign a nondisclosure agreement, it's pure hype

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Okay, I did watch the vid - sounds like they are just hyping the internals to me

Really, they said they already sold some at the convention, but aren't allowing the camera to show the internal? Unless they made the buyers sign a nondisclosure agreement, it's pure hype
Yup, in another thread I guessed that it was nothing but hype. I didn't think Tony would do that, though, since it would probably piss-off a lot people. I think it's incredibly lame if that's what they're doing! Not saying I won't still buy it, just that I'd think a lot less of both VV and Tony.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, you didn't double post at all! I wasn't saying that to be rude, just letting you know some members have been talking about it.
I hadn't even considered the possibility that it might not have a removable squonk bottle inside. I don't think I'd like that at all!! It does make sense for them to include that refill bottle if there wasn't an internal bottle, though. Crap, now I'm worried you might be right! I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions yet. We'll just have to wait and see what Vandy Vape announces. Your guess of what the inside mystery is makes more sense than mine, unfortunately....

No way they would make it the internal bottle impossible to remove. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot if they did. I was just thinking it might be more difficult to remove than the standard bottle. I'm probably just reading too much into it all and y'all are right, just hype.

It's not like Vandy Vape needed to re-invent the wheel with this mod to make it sell. Regulated + good chip + resin panels + big battery X squonk = a lot of units sold.

Now I just hope it comes in the same turquoise resin as the Drag. I don't see that listed yet, but it's got to be one of the most popular colors.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No way they would make it the internal bottle impossible to remove. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot if they did. I was just thinking it might be more difficult to remove than the standard bottle. I'm probably just reading too much into it all and y'all are right, just hype.

It's not like Vandy Vape needed to re-invent the wheel with this mod to make it sell. Regulated + good chip + resin panels + big battery X squonk = a lot of units sold.

Now I just hope it comes in the same turquoise resin as the Drag. I don't see that listed yet, but it's got to be one of the most popular colors.
Yea, that's my bad. I was thinking proprietary bottle, but for some reason I typed internal or non-removable. I know no one would make a non-removable bottle as it would make things impossible .
I'm not as dumb as I look, I swear
*EDIT - Something like this is what I was imagining. A big, square, proprietary bottle that holds a lot more liquid than other squonkers

ca942b104795afb6a79b452b14ebefcd.jpg

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yea, that's my bad. I was thinking proprietary bottle, but for some reason I typed internal or non-removable. I know no one would make a non-removable bottle as it would make things impossible .
I'm not as dumb as I look, I swear

Proprietary bottles are almost always problematic

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Refill bottles seem to be the trendy thing.

It is a trendy good thing in my book, lol

Took me awhile to get used to them - in fact I really disliked them at first. But now I have them for all my squonks in rotation

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a trendy good thing in my book, lol

Took me awhile to get used to them - in fact I really disliked them at first. But now I have them for all my squonks in rotation

I guess I'll have to experience them. Seems like more of a pain in the ass to remove the atty to refill. Of course I'm so used to the inbox and pico squeeze that are very easy to refill. The pulse doesn't get much use anymore so it doesn't get refilled often.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*EDIT - Something like this is what I was imagining. A big, square, proprietary bottle that holds a lot more liquid than other squonkers

ca942b104795afb6a79b452b14ebefcd.jpg

That wouldn't be horrible as long as its cheap/hard plastic or silicone so soft that a light breeze would cause flooding. Although I'd prefer a standard size bottle (in generic size) cause I switch flavors a lot on a single build. It would be a hassle to have a proprietary 20ml bottle, unless they made them widly available on the cheap. The pictures look like it's a standard sized/shaped bottle..

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I guess I'll have to experience them. Seems like more of a pain in the ass to remove the atty to refill. Of course I'm so used to the inbox and pico squeeze that are very easy to refill. The pulse doesn't get much use anymore so it doesn't get refilled often.
That's my thoughts too. I can refill the RSQ quickly without making a mess. The only exposed liquid is what's on the tube that goes in the bottle. A refill bottle would take longer and be messier. That's just the RSQ, though, a refill bottle IS helpful with other mods.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No mess at all with refill bottles - which is where it really shines IME

I no longer had to get a paper towel to keep juice off batteries and what have you :)
I mean just removing the RDA. Not a mess, just the drop or two that would be in the squonk pin

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I mean just removing the RDA. Not a mess, just the drop or two that would be in the squonk pin

It is negligible or non existent compared to all bottle methods I know about - believe me, I had one in my possession for over six months before I even tried it I was so thinking they wouldn't be that good, lol

My loss

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is some more info on the Pulse 80w. It's still nothing specific but it's worth the watch if you're as excited about this mod as me...

Ohm Boy's Rage Squonk looks amazing too, and it's duel battery! I expected some awesome squonks to be released this year but two amazing mods in less than 2 months is a blistering pace. Now I'm torn between the Pulse or the Rage. If I knew the chip in the Rage will be as good as the Gene chip, then I'd probably pick it up over the Pulse...I might have to get both haha

http://thecloudyvapor.com/product/rage-squonk-155w-mod-by-ohmboy-oc/

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, in another thread I guessed that it was nothing but hype. I didn't think Tony would do that, though, since it would probably piss-off a lot people. I think it's incredibly lame if that's what they're doing! Not saying I won't still buy it, just that I'd think a lot less of both VV and Tony.

Look I like Tony but........ He is a radio guy so hype has is and will be his thing. It's subtle but it there. And he is out to make money like everyone.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

tonybproject

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys,

Anyone else noticed this???

https://thebestvape.com/product/vandy-vape-pulse-bf-80w-box-mod/

I'm very excited for this mod. I've been waiting for an affordable, regulated, small-ish, duel battery (single 20700 will do for now) squonk mod for awhile. And I love my Voopoo Drag, it's performance, and its resin look. I'm sold on this thing but...

They clearly did something different with the bottle in the mod. It's listed as coming with the 30ml refill bottle, so I'm guessing it doesn't use the standard setup. I hope it's not something stupid/gimmicky like the Innokin Liftbox...

What do you guys think?

Hey y’all! Ok, Tony B here. I don’t do forums a lot because I’ve got so much other stuff to keep track of that I just don’t have time. But I wanted to jump in and let you know that there’s nothing “revolutionary” going on inside the mod. Well, not crazy anyway. We use a standard bottle system, around 8ml, as you can see. So regular bottles will be fine. But we did redesign our bottle to make it easier to hold when putting the cap back on. Also made the insides really clean.

We included the 30ml refill bottle, which you can see the bottles online now as they’re already available, at my insistence, because I love using them, and it’s a nice bonus. Yes, VV thought they’d sell more bottles if we didn’t include them, but I contend that once you get one, you’ll buy more because they’re great refill bottles, and you can color code your liquids.

Sure, there’s an element of hype involved, that’s part of the game. But if you know me, you know I’m not entirely hype-y. The reason I can’t show the insides is because of NDA. I’ve only been released to show the outside, and talk about basics, at this point and after a year of development and testing, I’m dying to share it with the world. Probably why they don’t want me to show the insides yet is because they don’t want it cloned 1:1 before we even get it out to you, the consumer. After Chinese New Year, it’ll all be out in the open. Not hype, but if it works to create interest, I guess that doesn’t suck.

Nothing completely crazy here, but it is very nice, works flawlessly (at least the units I’ve tested...nothing is perfect once it’s in mass manufacturing), and I’m stoked to put out another product to move squonking further into the mainstream and let more people discover the way I personally like to vape! I appreciate the support the community has given, and I know there will be haters, but haters are my motivators So, in closing, I hope you dig the new Pulse 80w, and I hope that clears up some of the questions.

Tony B

Last edited:

tonybproject

Member For 1 Year
Look I like Tony but........ He is a radio guy so hype has is and will be his thing. It's subtle but it there. And he is out to make money like everyone.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Sure...after the work I’ve put into my channel and socials...and ultimately my brand...yea, I wanna make money. I don’t know anyone that works for free. You’d be surprised at how many hours you put in Skyping af 2a with China going over design stuff, then the amount of your life that you put into doing what I do, so yea...it’s nice to make a buck. But you’d also be surprised at how little someone actually makes from each item sold, because I’m not the manufacturer.

I worked in radio for 18 years, so I know how to balance hype without being too crazy, but sometimes hype happens organically...even if I’m not pushing the hype. I’m just stoked to bring good products to market, and anyone would be excited to share with the world if they were in my shoes. It’s all part of the game I suppose.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for clearing that up Tony. Like I mentioned before, it's not like you needed to do anything super innovative/crazy to make this mod be a big hit. So I'm happy to hear you simply made a badass squonk mod. Your timing is amazing too. It sounds like this project started before this recent squonking craze.

I do have a question for ya tho, if you happen to check back here... Is Voopoo actually making this mod or just the chip inside? I'm asking because the resin on the outside looks exactly like the colors they offer on the Drag. I actually hope the manufacturing was outsourced to Voopoo. I think their mods are amazingly well made for their price.

I don't think anyone is faulting you for making money. I bet 98% of members here would do the same thing if they had the ability.

tonybproject

Member For 1 Year
Thanks for clearing that up Tony. Like I mentioned before, it's not like you needed to do anything super innovative/crazy to make this mod be a big hit. So I'm happy to hear you simply made a badass squonk mod. Your timing is amazing too. It sounds like this project started before this recent squonking craze.

I do have a question for ya tho, if you happen to check back here... Is Voopoo actually making this mod or just the chip inside? I'm asking because the resin on the outside looks exactly like the colors they offer on the Drag. I actually hope the manufacturing was outsourced to Voopoo. I think their mods are amazingly well made for their price.

I don't think anyone is faulting you for making money. I bet 98% of members here would do the same thing if they had the ability.

Thanks I appreciate it. The mod is manufactured by Vandy Vape. During the design process we looked at a lot of things for the chip. Many companies will sell you a chip...Eleaf, Gene, VO, etc...and VV considered doing their own. I know they’re not known for making mods, non the less a regulated, so I wanted to go with a well known and well regarded chip. The mod will have my name on it, so it’s important to me that it’s good quality. The Gene, to me, was a great choice as it has all of the features people desire...even if I’m only wattage in my life, I know others want tc and curves and all of that...and I pushed to use it. We source the chips from the Gene manufacturer. Which is likely VooPoo. And the resin is also sourced as this is the first time that they’ve done resin, and only thier second mod. Perfectly normal in this business.

I fully trust VV to make a great product. It’s manufactured in factories that probably make other products. So who knows...it could be the same factory. Either way it’s a Vandy Vape mod, with a great chip that is well, known...rather than a chip / board that is a wild card and open to issues. Know what I mean?

Tony B

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks I appreciate it. The mod is manufactured by Vandy Vape. During the design process we looked at a lot of things for the chip. Many companies will sell you a chip...Eleaf, Gene, VO, etc...and VV considered doing their own. I know they’re not known for making mods, non the less a regulated, so I wanted to go with a well known and well regarded chip. The mod will have my name on it, so it’s important to me that it’s good quality. The Gene, to me, was a great choice as it has all of the features people desire...even if I’m only wattage in my life, I know others want tc and curves and all of that...and I pushed to use it. We source the chips from the Gene manufacturer. Which is likely VooPoo. And the resin is also sourced as this is the first time that they’ve done resin, and only thier second mod. Perfectly normal in this business.

I fully trust VV to make a great product. It’s manufactured in factories that probably make other products. So who knows...it could be the same factory. Either way it’s a Vandy Vape mod, with a great chip that is well, known...rather than a chip / board that is a wild card and open to issues. Know what I mean?

Tony B

I thought I remember you saying something along lines of - there are not enough regulated squonks out there and you wanted to make one so the masses could enjoy squonk and not have to deal with a mech. I was surprised when the pulse finally did come out, it was a mech / unregulated. The smarts move would have been to release the regulated when there were no regulated options other than a few pricey DNA’s. But whatever, congrats on the success and welcome to VU.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Tony B

The Gene chip is a huge reason I'm excited about this mod. It's probably the biggest factor that's keeping my interest primarily on the Pulse over the Rage duel battery mod. I'll have to buy new batteries for the Pulse (I don't have any quality 20700s), so it will basically be the same price as the Rage when I'm finished. However, I have no idea what type of chip is in the Rage while I know I'll love the chip in the Pulse.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure...after the work I’ve put into my channel and socials...and ultimately my brand...yea, I wanna make money. I don’t know anyone that works for free. You’d be surprised at how many hours you put in Skyping af 2a with China going over design stuff, then the amount of your life that you put into doing what I do, so yea...it’s nice to make a buck. But you’d also be surprised at how little someone actually makes from each item sold, because I’m not the manufacturer.

I worked in radio for 18 years, so I know how to balance hype without being too crazy, but sometimes hype happens organically...even if I’m not pushing the hype. I’m just stoked to bring good products to market, and anyone would be excited to share with the world if they were in my shoes. It’s all part of the game I suppose.
Not often the real guy responds. Not a hater I watch all your vids..... Well squonker ones. Just saying what you your self said hype is good when selling something and it's the consumers ultimately who decide to buy whether it's for the hype or they love it. And hey make money I don't fault anyone for that it's what makes the world go round.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Gene chip is a huge reason I'm excited about this mod. It's probably the biggest factor that's keeping my interest primarily on the Pulse over the Rage duel battery mod. I'll have to buy new batteries for the Pulse (I don't have any quality 20700s), so it will basically be the same price as the Rage when I'm finished. However, I have no idea what type of chip is in the Rage while I know I'll love the chip in the Pulse.
I have 3 pulse 22s but had no interest in the mod to me just my opinion here it's not really a mech. Yeah I'm old school bend some copper and squish it against 510. I am interested some in the regulated one but love my ity bity mechs not one that's as big as a inbox.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to get one based on the chip and the looks. If I like it, I'll get a second one.

I am very excited about the coming of this new mod, finally with the Gen chip, I love my VooPoo especially for this and regulated, and a price that seems affordable, wow I can wait.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's my thoughts too. I can refill the RSQ quickly without making a mess. The only exposed liquid is what's on the tube that goes in the bottle. A refill bottle would take longer and be messier. That's just the RSQ, though, a refill bottle IS helpful with other mods.

I only use the refill bottle with my new Luna. And I do like refill bottles for a number of mods. I can never avoid gey=tting very juicy fingers filling the soft bottles. Refills eliminate a lot of mess.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the replies, Tony. I for one am super excited for this new mod as I love the Gene chip and the drag, but, well, it doesn't squonk. I may be a fanboy, but so far I've liked most of your projects with the Pulse 22 being my favorite. Keep up the good work.

VU Sponsors