new regulated Pulse 80w w/ Gene chip

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My Capo didn't come with a refill bottle. Maybe because it came with 20700?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just rechecked - the Capo did not come with a refill bottle - but so many do these days I remembered incorrectly

My bad

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, I didn't even catch that... and I thought the .08 resistance was crazy enough...

I think I remember Grim Green saying it's a proprietary chip. It might be awesome, but I have a hard time imagining it being better than the Gene.

The bottle system on the Rage is the tits though, there is no doubting that.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, I didn't even catch that... and I thought the .08 resistance was crazy enough...

I think I remember Grim Green saying it's a proprietary chip. It might be awesome, but I have a hard time imagining it being better than the Gene.

The bottle system on the Rage is the tits though, there is no doubting that.
The vapor trail guy said the prototype he saw had an eleaf type chip in it.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
could be worse. I always tolerated TC in eleaf devices but I prefer the TC vape on my cartel revenant, voopoo drag and rsq's. If it is eleaf maybe arctic fox will eventually support it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

If you are a wattage-only vaper it's hard to beat the Eleaf chip - it is not fancy or cutting edge at all - but it's dead simple to use and holds up for years

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should clarify - he said it looked similar to not that it was an eleaf chip.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol good catch. I was distracted by the pics. Thanks for posting the pictures man!

Vaporl.com and Vapesourcing has them listed for $45.90. I will be very happy if they remain anywhere close to that price once they arrive. I just wish I could find a US seller with a preorder list, cause I have a feeling the first batches will go quickly.

I'm not too thrilled with the resin colors though, they are too busy. But I'm sure VV will eventually release different panels.

The bottle design does look nice, more space to grab but possibly at the price of juice capacity.

BTW, did anybody notice there is already a review for it on Egomall's website? 'Dan Smith' (Haha) said "Best squonk Gene 80W Mod, i love it"

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
lol good catch. I was distracted by the pics. Thanks for posting the pictures man!

Vaporl.com and Vapesourcing has them listed for $45.90. I will be very happy if they remain anywhere close to that price once they arrive. I just wish I could find a US seller with a preorder list, cause I have a feeling the first batches will go quickly.

I'm not too thrilled with the resin colors though, they are too busy. But I'm sure VV will eventually release different panels.

The bottle design does look nice, more space to grab but possibly at the price of juice capacity.
I'm sure they will have replacement panel's for sure. Anything to make money. I think vapesourcing is the only one with pre order. They also have a 12% Off code. I never delt with vapesourcing before so or anything pre order.

Thank you for the information, very appreciate, my pre-order was accepted with Vapesourcing, I imagine they are in China, I never ordered with them, but the price is very reasonable $ 50.90 with delivery and it accepts PayPal, all that remains is to be very patient!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the pic! Now that I've seen the inside of it, though, I definitely think a lot less of Tony. He made such a big deal about the inside of the mod, and now I see there's nothing special about it. That's lame

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
What exactly is so special about it ?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really want one...however. Common sense tells me to not buy this mod out of the gate, no matter who sells, promotes or reviews it. I was tempted by the regulated squonks that came out a few months ago but opted to buy a couple of VT Inboxes and wait on the user reviews. I'm glad I did what I did as the Inboxes are solid mods and I don't see anyone saying the same about the crop that just came out. This new mod looks great, but I'll let the people here tell me how it is, not some guy named Tony.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

It's fine for drip tips, but I've never been a fan of resin on a mod. I think there are 2 mods without any resin, that's what I'm planning to buy

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah. He definitely over hyped it.
Exactly! The original Pulse is popular, so this one is gonna sell very well regardless of how much or little it's promoted. There was no need to go out of their way to make up things or act like whatever going on inside of the mod is blowing people's minds. I just don't see the purpose in doing that. The way I see it, all it did was make people disappointed once they finally did see the inside of the mod.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly! The original Pulse is popular, so this one is gonna sell very well regardless of how much or little it's promoted. There was no need to go out of their way to make up things or act like whatever going on inside of the mod is blowing people's minds. I just don't see the purpose in doing that. The way I see it, all it did was make people disappointed once they finally did see the inside of the mod.

He's a marketing guy through and through... As I said before, if he had released this before the unregulated version he would have had the market cornered on affordable regulated squonks. But like you said, he'll sell a bunch of them regardless. I have no interest.

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
tbh i was disappointed when i saw what's inside the box. the live video he made at the convention got me interested but now there's nothing special in it. and with the recent issues of the gene chip that's on the drag ill pass on this one. im planning to get my first squonker this should be my first but it's quite disappointing.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the look of this. The reason I didn't go for the og pulse is cos of it being a mech. I love the gene chip too. The Drag is one of my daily mods

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
tbh i was disappointed when i saw what's inside the box. the live video he made at the convention got me interested but now there's nothing special in it. and with the recent issues of the gene chip that's on the drag ill pass on this one. im planning to get my first squonker this should be my first but it's quite disappointing.
The RSQ is a great regulated squonker, plus it's as small as an unregulated. I use mine all the time and absolutely love it!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What issues ?

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and with the recent issues of the gene chip that's on the drag ill pass on this one.

What issues? The Gene chip is the main reason I'm interested in this mod over the Rage. If there is an issue with them, I'd really like to know.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the pic! Now that I've seen the inside of it, though, I definitely think a lot less of Tony. He made such a big deal about the inside of the mod, and now I see there's nothing special about it. That's lame

That's being a little harsh man. If it was all a marketing thing, you cannot really blame the guy. Plus, when he posted in this thread (and in other videos since then) he made the point of saying nothing crazy new was happening inside this mod.

And honestly guys, if he had done something crazy with the internals there would be way more people complaining about it not taking a standard bottle or whatever else they could complain about.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sheesh some of you are rough. There seemingly is no way to please some of you. This bottle is too hard. This bottle is too soft. This bottle has no place to grab and squirts juice like a teenage boy discovering his junk for the first time. Seems to me they are trying to address the bottle issue. It may not be revolutionary but it looks to me to be an improvement as far as a place to hold the bottle.

Go back and read Tony's post where he says he was under a NDA. If that's accurate why would he risk loosing his cash cow? Also, read where he admits to be a marketing guy. Of course he's going to hype his project. Buy it or don't it's your choice. NOTHING will be absolutely perfect. Every mod will have a flaw or two.

Maybe I'm just too easy. Continue complaining.

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sheesh some of you are rough. There seemingly is no way to please some of you. This bottle is too hard. This bottle is too soft. This bottle has no place to grab and squirts juice like a teenage boy discovering his junk for the first time. Seems to me they are trying to address the bottle issue. It may not be revolutionary but it looks to me to be an improvement as far as a place to hold the bottle.

Go back and read Tony's post where he says he was under a NDA. If that's accurate why would he risk loosing his cash cow? Also, read where he admits to be a marketing guy. Of course he's going to hype his project. Buy it or don't it's your choice. NOTHING will be absolutely perfect. Every mod will have a flaw or two.

Maybe I'm just two easy. Continue complaining.
Your absolutely right there, every mod or atty has flaws but if the positives outweigh the negatives it can't be all bad.
We're leaks and bounds ahead in the vaping world.
Alot of the vapers who complain now obviously haven't uses the older tanks with shit coils that you have to burp all the time.
The Berserker I'm using now is alot better than the fucking evod tank I started on.
It was the plastic one, leaked all the time and then a pineapple juice cracked the tank!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your absolutely right there, every mod or atty has flaws but if the positives outweigh the negatives it can't be all bad.
We're leaks and bounds ahead in the vaping world.
Alot of the vapers who complain now obviously haven't uses the older tanks with shit coils that you have to burp all the time.
The Berserker I'm using now is alot better than the fucking evod tank I started on.
It was the plastic one, leaked all the time and then a pineapple juice cracked the tank!

Oh God I remember those shitty tank where certain juices would crack the glass. Fortunately we now have a ton of now mods and attys coming out every day and it's all subjective as to what one likes or dislikes. Buy what helps you stay off of cigarettes and screw the rest.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh God I remember those shitty tank where certain juices would crack the glass. Fortunately we now have a ton of now mods and attys coming out every day and it's all subjective as to what one likes or dislikes. Buy what helps you stay off of cigarettes and screw the rest.
Again I totally agree. I get laughed at for vaping at 16 watts by clouds bro guys in vape shop and I don't give a shit.
I don't laugh at them for vaping like that, as you said if we are all off stinkies what does it matter! I don't find that sub ohm keeps me off fags and when I tried speaking to them they said "I still smoke 20 a day" I thought to myself don't vape zero mg then just to do competitions!!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the links. I only skimmed the first few posts of each link but: The buggy firmware mentioned in the 1st and 3rd thread is old news, mine works fine with the older firmware so I never bothered to look to see if they ever released a newer firmware to address it. The 2nd thread about a sticky button or whatever = those types of issues are a dime a dozen for smok, eleaf, wismec, aspire, etc products.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Literally the first results that come up when you google "Voopoo Drag problems"? You'd get the same results when you search any mods name and add "problems".

None of these are really recent problems btw, and none of the problems seem to be beyond the scope of normal issues of a mass produced, budget product. A few contributors to those threads said they fixed the issue by simply re-flashing their Drag. So it's an easy fix if someone runs into this issue.

Sorry, but your seem to have some bias against the Drag/Gene chip.

Last edited:

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
look i love the drag for the gene chip which could compete with dnas but with that sleeping issue it would be a hassle to take off the batteries just to turn it on again. well that started happening about 3 months ago and still going on to this date if that isn't recent then i don't know what is. I've seen couple of drags being sold on facebook due to that sleeping issue was I'm tempted of getting one coz they're selling it alot cheaper but my girlfriend got me thinking on saving up and just get a VA Spade instead as some people are selling them for $120 - $150 and my girlfriend loves it.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
look i love the drag for the gene chip which could compete with dnas but with that sleeping issue it would be a hassle to take off the batteries just to turn it on again. well that started happening about 3 months ago and still going on to this date if that isn't recent then i don't know what is. I've seen couple of drags being sold on facebook due to that sleeping issue was I'm tempted of getting one coz they're selling it alot cheaper but my girlfriend got me thinking on saving up and just get a VA Spade instead as some people are selling them for $120 - $150 and my girlfriend loves it.
rollback the firmware should be an easy peasy fix. I got my drag last summer and updated it to the latest firmware (at that time) and that started happening to me so I just installed the older firmware and it has been fine ever since.

Do you need the old firmware version? I probably have it on my pc in my vape folder.

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
rollback the firmware should be an easy peasy fix. I got my drag last summer and updated it to the latest firmware (at that time) and that started happening to me so I just installed the older firmware and it has been fine ever since.

Do you need the old firmware version? I probably have it on my pc in my vape folder.

i don't have a drag but some members here might need it.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually remembered last night when laying down for bed that someone in the drag thread here or on ECF posted some sort of odd set of steps to prevent the sleeping issue on the new firmware. It was just a certain combination of steps that had to be followed in the settings during the firmware update process so it wouldn't auto-sleep.

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
maaaan please stop you got me thinking on getting this one :(. noo, i love the spade, the spade, the spadeee ill just go mech for the experience if i don't like it then ill sell it and get this one.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maaaan please stop you got me thinking on getting this one :(. noo, i love the spade, the spade, the spadeee ill just go mech for the experience if i don't like it then ill sell it and get this one.

That spade is one nice looking mod and although it’s expensive, it’s less than what I thought it would be. If I were you, I’d skip the pulse and save for the spade. Or, you could get both the pulse regulated and unregulated with money leftover for a fancy atty.

tonybproject

Member For 1 Year

Really man? I even signed up here, which I don’t do forums, to let everyone know that the insides aren’t anything revolutionary and we simply couldn’t show them yet because we didn’t want 1:1 clones out before we were ready to announce. I mean, what more could you do to make them special? We made it very clean and we re-designed the bottle to make it easier to fill and cap. Just like I said earlier in this thread. We showed the insides at the expo and everyone was happy with them. Simple as that. It’s not like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction I was simply excited that I could show my baby off after nearly a year of testing and development when I did that video, and NDA stated at the time that no pics or video of the inside because of potential clones. People are funny.

tonybproject

Member For 1 Year

Unfortunately that’s the problem with our community, and one of the reasons I rarely do forums. People tend to never be happy. What are ya gonna do. I just keep doing my thing and hope to be able to bring good products for people who want / need them. I’ll never be able to please everyone, and I get that. We really need to stop and support each other, rather than trying to tear everything down. Haters are my motivators. Thanks man

VU Sponsors