Become a Patron!

new regulated Pulse 80w w/ Gene chip

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jai interviewed their 'spokesman' on his YT channel, I didn't bother to watch (crap audio from the voopoo guy)

I didn't notice that anyone had posted this in the thread. The only notable piece of info from that video was Voopoo denying ever planning on releasing a squonk mod. Who knows if that's true, but it appears they are smart enough to not release one now.

You didn't miss anything else in the video, Jai's questions weren't worded very well and the PR guy was able to wiggle through them. And on issues where he did not answer, Jai just let it go...

I do gotta say that it's pretty obvious Voopoo thinks they are in trouble. If facts were on their side, I think they would have released some sort of proof by now to help save their companies reputation. Instead they had to hire a dude that speaks English to do an interview with Jai. I wonder if Voopoo approached other reviewers besides Jai or if they targeted him since he is known for hating VandyVape.

One of my regular online stores has marked down all their Voopoo inventory lol.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do gotta say that it's pretty obvious Voopoo thinks they are in trouble. If facts were on their side, I think they would have released some sort of proof by now to help save their companies reputation

What kind of proof of something that they say doesn't exist is there?

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I didn't notice that anyone had posted this in the thread. The only notable piece of info from that video was Voopoo denying ever planning on releasing a squonk mod. Who knows if that's true, but it appears they are smart enough to not release one now.

You didn't miss anything else in the video, Jai's questions weren't worded very well and the PR guy was able to wiggle through them. And on issues where he did not answer, Jai just let it go...

I do gotta say that it's pretty obvious Voopoo thinks they are in trouble. If facts were on their side, I think they would have released some sort of proof by now to help save their companies reputation. Instead they had to hire a dude that speaks English to do an interview with Jai. I wonder if Voopoo approached other reviewers besides Jai or if they targeted him since he is known for hating VandyVape.

One of my regular online stores has marked down all their Voopoo inventory lol.
I don't agree that VooPoo are in any real trouble.

Most people do not care about vape politics and drama and couldn't give a fuck about Tony B it's only a very small minority of vape hobbyists who follow YouTube reviewers and read internet forums on the subject.

If VooPoo were to release a good quality well designed squonk mod at a good price it would sell like hot cakes.

Squonking used to be confined to hobbyist forums and secret tight knit Facebook communities that care about honorary business practices.

Now that it has become mainstream, mass produced big business the average consumer isn't bothered whether some YouTube guy in a silly hat got ripped off, all they care about is getting a product they want, that works well and is well priced.

Best thing VooPoo can do now is wait a month or so, release a well designed Squonk mod with Gene Chip and watch the $$ roll in!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, the original Eleaf Istick Pico?!
I thought I was one of the only people who still used a Pico. I was actually vaping my white Pico when I read your post, and I have a gray Pico too. It really is a solid, reliable little mod. I bought my gray Pico when they were released, which I think about 3 years ago. I need to get some new screws for it, but don't know anywhere that sells them. Do you have any idea where I might be able to buy them? I've contacted Eleaf about it multiple times, but no one there was of any help whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
c560dc24f55ed026cb41e11354477aae.jpg
My Pico spent a December night getting ran over (I assume). I dropped it in the middle of a busy street outside of a vape shop. Somebody turned it in a day later. The Griffin on it was ruined but my little Pico still works great. I really should get a few more.
0401181819.jpg

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe this will all backfire and people won't buy vandy vape products instead. I don't plan on buying the Pulse 80w or any other VV mods. I'm sure people will say how great VV chip is. Especially youtube reviewers
After trying out the Pulse BF I was NOT going to buy another pulse BF mod.
And this was decided long before the 3 day manufactured drama event.

Buy Voopoo even considering the silly name?
Maybe if they come out with an edge squonker.

Don't think that I own any Vandy Vape products either.

Edit: Well I do have a Pulse BF that was graciously gifted to me.
But I intend to return after upgrading.

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no intention of buying the mod w/out the Gene in it. If they put a DNA it it, then sure I'd get it.

I'm ordering a mod for a friend today. He only vapes at night at home. He trusts me to get him a good one. I'm ordering a Drag in the next hour. He'll be very pleased with it, I'm sure.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you haven't already ordered it, Vapewild has a sale on their Drags right now. They are about the same price as Fasttech.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I always thought Voopoo was good at TC. Turns out to not quite be the case. Using an RDA with SS316L coils, it doesn’t always power the coil...whereas my Vaporesso and RSQ mods have no issues. Even tried tinkering with be resistance and TCR settings, but no improvement. Apparently I’m not the only one. Won’t buy another Voopoo until they fix that.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Voopoo TC isn't great with super low ohm builds or larger coils; their 80w limit can be problematic. I've never had much of a problem with higher ohm builds, but I'm not much of a TC vaper anyway. So it might have sucked and I didn't know any better lol.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Voopoo TC isn't great with super low ohm builds or larger coils; their 80w limit can be problematic. I've never had much of a problem with higher ohm builds, but I'm not much of a TC vaper anyway. So it might have sucked and I didn't know any better lol.

I was running a 0.65ohm build.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used drag fine in TC with 7.5mm coil is that big enough for you? The lowest build I used in my drag is 0.15 and TC worked good. My usual build is 0.19

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool story bro.

I was running a 0.65ohm build.

That's odd, I'd imagine 80w would be plenty for a .65 coil. If I knew enough about TC, I'd try to help. There are plenty of people here that probably could though. I think the Gene uses some weird TCR conversion. Maybe that could be the problem?

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool story bro.

That's odd, I'd imagine 80w would be plenty for a .65 coil. If I knew enough about TC, I'd try to help. There are plenty of people here that probably could though. I think the Gene uses some weird TCR conversion. Maybe that could be the problem?
Yea I think SS is set to 1300 but that SS316L is suppose to be set at 1113. I have mine set to 1300 not 1113 and I have heard people go higher. like 1400 or 1500

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not all chipsets have the same hardware and software. So not all chipsets are accurate on the TCR number.
The SS TCR that works best on a Kanger may be different from the SS TCR on a Voopoo and DNA, etc.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And worse, the TCR on 2 of the same can be different, too.

Watt Fun.
Yep due to slight construction or component differences.
TCR works on a very slight resistance change. Difficult to get right and consistent on a mass produced device.
Esp at the cheap prices we pay for them.

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
After trying out the Pulse BF I was NOT going to buy another pulse BF mod.
And this was decided long before the 3 day manufactured drama event.

Buy Voopoo even considering the silly name?
Maybe if they come out with an edge squonker.

Don't think that I own any Vandy Vape products either.

Edit: Well I do have a Pulse BF that was graciously gifted to me.
But I intend to return after upgrading.

What do you not like about the pulse bf? I am curious because thats all I really use right now until my VA Spade comes in. What else would you suggest?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you not like about the pulse bf? I am curious because thats all I really use right now until my VA Spade comes in. What else would you suggest?
Higher voltage drop than it should have.
And with mechs it is all about voltage drop.

Last edited:

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I never would recommend the gene chip for hardcore tc fanatics, but for people that just want to try tc or are new to it, its a real good option. Because in comparison to regular generic chip mods, even with the 80 w cutoff isn't too shabby. If you vape wattage only but can't afford or don't want to spend hundreds of dollar, at the current price and even prior, its a no brainer.

Im still on the fence, I wasn't going to support or boycott either company, I would pick what works for me if that's voopoo great or vv great too. However with the ongoing unprofessional drama from both sides, but brought to a kindergarten whine fest by tony in the name of vv, I feel like vv products getting more and more uninteresting to me. Every time I look at a vv product I can't help myself but think how childish this is, as well as overly dramatic.

It could have been handled differently from both sides. I'm not putting my eggs in the basket and trust the vv chip will be amazing, in fact I'm not even to give reviewers the chance here because it will be in favor of vv. I think by now I'm going to spend my money on a regular DNA mod 250c and probably a DNA squonk, not with 250c cus to expensive lol.

I even might pick up a smaller brand than getting the pulse or the voopoo squonk if they make one. I don't want to even be a part of that drama. But I'm also not going to crucifying people that buy either product. Do what works for you and as others say, by the end of the day its your money screw the label it comes with....exception smok. That's a absolute intolerable no go lol.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So after watching DJLsb's video on the Pulse 80w with the VV chip, it looks like VV cloned the Gene chip or are at least using the Gene programming. VV added a few new features like bypass mode, but the menu and performance appears to be almost identical.

I wonder if VV did that to piss of Voopoo, or if VV was planning on doing that the entire time. Tony didn't mentioned that the board is massively different than the other VV board he tested for them, so it kinda makes me think VV was cloning it before all this drama.

Just another layer in this shit sandwich.

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
So after watching DJLsb's video on the Pulse 80w with the VV chip, it looks like VV cloned the Gene chip or are at least using the Gene programming. VV added a few new features like bypass mode, but the menu and performance appears to be almost identical.

I wonder if VV did that to piss of Voopoo, or if VV was planning on doing that the entire time. Tony didn't mentioned that the board is massively different than the other VV board he tested for them, so it kinda makes me think VV was cloning it before all this drama.

LMAO!!! I said this when all the drama started. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. All these Chinese company's are shady. Like how Vandy vape and geekvape are two different companys but if you go to vandy vapes site it says this.
20180414_231342.png

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What is the odds the VV chip has the same type of TC setting as Gene chip? Definitely a cloned gene chip

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL I bought that shitty mod not long ago its terrible

someone gave me one hardly used. Their squonk atty quit and it was all they could find in a pinch.
I ran tests on it. A pico squeeze blows it out of the water on voltage to the atty.
using the same battery and atty.

And that was after pinching the switch thingy and such.

It is now back in it's box.
I have loose plans to convert it to a mosfet without the janky little switch thingy.

robert.conley.1656

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
someone gave me one hardly used. Their squonk atty quit and it was all they could find in a pinch.
I ran tests on it. A pico squeeze blows it out of the water on voltage to the atty.
using the same battery and atty.

And that was after pinching the switch thingy and such.

It is now back in it's box.
I have loose plans to convert it to a mosfet without the janky little switch thingy.
There is another thread I'm following about the voltage drop on the pulse. Dude did exactly what your thinking about with the mosfet. Said it was a lot of work for basically negligable gains. I just soldered mine

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

I didn't go through all the pages of this thread, but I saw some drama going on at least. So I got a question for owners of this box. Is it good and worth it? I've watched youtube reviews on this and doesn't look like to be a bad one. I don't really care about the chip at all as long as it fires nice in wattage mode as I'm not a fan of TC.

My only concerns pretty much are the 80W as some of my builds I've been vaping on my Kylin and Medusa Reborn clearly requires more power and the other one being the battery life, which obviously depends on the power you're firing it at and how much you vape.

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't go through all the pages of this thread, but I saw some drama going on at least. So I got a question for owners of this box. Is it good and worth it? I've watched youtube reviews on this and doesn't look like to be a bad one. I don't really care about the chip at all as long as it fires nice in wattage mode as I'm not a fan of TC.

My only concerns pretty much are the 80W as some of my builds I've been vaping on my Kylin and Medusa Reborn clearly requires more power and the other one being the battery life, which obviously depends on the power you're firing it at and how much you vape.
Hasn't been released to the consumer yet...couple more weeks.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Oh, I saw it listed on some stores and didn't pay attention enough to notice they were pre-orders. Seems like I gotta wait a bit longer then.
The topic name needs too be changed or we need to indicate that the product currently on pre order is not the pulse 80w with gene chip. It will be available with the vandy vape generic chip. Some youtubers however have gotten the gene chip models prior and that's the reviews you're seeing. So make sure that you are not in love with the gene chip, or the reasoning of you purchasing it.

Yes I know people say its a clone but I'm not getting into that drama now again. I go by the name and its not voopoo's original gene chip.

VU Sponsors