Become a Patron!

new shorting issue

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I got my new Cylone, and my new VCMT 30mm. so I put the VCMT on the cylone =shorted.
I put my VV tTt on it = shorted = I have been using it on my G-Class for many weeks.
I unscrew the tTt nearly all the way off, it started working fine and did fine. but is very loose on the mod.

I put the VCMT on my Flux mod. at first it was shorting. but then it just started working. and did well the rest of the night.

I put my Dead Rabit rta on the Cylone, no problems.

looking at the 510's, nothing looks odd.

so, what could be causing the shorting ?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Length of the 510?
The ones with longer 510's are likely the ones showing short.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you measured them?
Easy to measure with the little pokey out end of a caliper measurement device.

It could also be a random type of problem and may not always work with the same atty?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get or make some of THESE. Unless you have one from something else you bought.

I have to use one with my Lotus on my VK530, but not with the Lotus and any other mod or the mod with any other atomizer though the Lotus has pretty much lived on that mod for quite a while.

Without it the 510 on the Lotus is too long and I get the mod shutting down because of a short. With it, no problems for months.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Get or make some of THESE. Unless you have one from something else you bought.

I have to use one with my Lotus on my VK530, but not with the Lotus and any other mod or the mod with any other atomizer though the Lotus has pretty much lived on that mod for quite a while.

Without it the 510 on the Lotus is too long and I get the mod shutting down because of a short. With it, no problems for months.

yeah, I have a piece of plastic that I am going to make one.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah, I have a piece of plastic that I am going to make one.

I do that too, mostly for protection on a few mods I don't want scratched up because they don't have any protrusion on the 510 plate.

Just use an old cottage cheese or yogurt lid, the thinner white plastic ones.
Trace around the atty, cut out with scissors inside the lines then attack with a hole punch. Done in about two minutes for free.. ;)

If I'm really being lazy, I'll just cut one out of some stiff paper from the daily junk mail.

Ya don't really see it anyways, so why pay for a piece of tiny plastic?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just use an old cottage cheese or yogurt lid, the thinner white plastic ones.
Ding Ding Ding!!! You Win!!!

I used a peanut container lid. Same thing. I was ordering some stuff from Kidney Puncher one time and figured 2 bucks for 5 wasn't too bad.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For this issue they do need to have a bit of thickness to them.

I also got an ultem one with my DS.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ding Ding Ding!!! You Win!!!

I used a peanut container lid. Same thing. I was ordering some stuff from Kidney Puncher one time and figured 2 bucks for 5 wasn't too bad.

Ya, if the harder/thinner white plastic isn't thick enough, the thicker/clear plastic ones should be. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For thicker spacers Lowes and other places sells nylon washers...
Maybe 3 times as thick as the butter lid.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you have a good hardware store nearby just buy some nylon fender washers.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i was at SUBWAY today )meatball with jalapeno's = YUMMMMMMY( . the gift cards they had, I grabbed one.

when the weather warms up, I am going to make a punch to make these = 1 hammer blow = perfect spacer.
lathe is in the garage, its to cold out now to do it.

and I am, going to make some drip tips. stay tuned, but don't hold your breath. I have yet to find the blanks for the DT's.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i was at SUBWAY today )meatball with jalapeno's = YUMMMMMMY( . the gift cards they had, I grabbed one.

when the weather warms up, I am going to make a punch to make these = 1 hammer blow = perfect spacer.
lathe is in the garage, its to cold out now to do it.

and I am, going to make some drip tips. stay tuned, but don't hold your breath. I have yet to find the blanks for the DT's.
Like I say. Can't guarantee it'll fix it for you, but it was a 30 second fix for me for pretty much the same issue.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Like I say. Can't guarantee it'll fix it for you, but it was a 30 second fix for me for pretty much the same issue.

of cource. but I do know a spacer will fix it. now, air is the spacer, lol. and I bet a light file across the 510 will help also.

btw. the VCMT. seems I wicked it right. no leaking and it hits harder than I can handle. $25 well spent.
this is now my beer drink'n tobacco vape tank.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
of cource. but I do know a spacer will fix it. now, air is the spacer, lol. and I bet a light file across the 510 will help also.

btw. the VCMT. seems I wicked it right. no leaking and it hits harder than I can handle. $25 well spent.
this is now my beer drink'n tobacco vape tank.
You mean you just have it backed off a bit and it's working?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok. ends up, I lost the SUBWAY card :crazy::facepalm:. so I made a spacer out of a Beef-A-Rony plastic lid. worked for the tTt.
so I then put the VCMT back on the Cylon, no spacer. it works fine, unless I synch it down. I then loosen it ever so slightly, it works.
you know those clear plastic spacers that come with some tanks = 1, then 2, and if I synch it down = no good.

me thinks this is very odd.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok. ends up, I lost the SUBWAY card :crazy::facepalm:. so I made a spacer out of a Beef-A-Rony plastic lid. worked for the tTt.
so I then put the VCMT back on the Cylon, no spacer. it works fine, unless I synch it down. I then loosen it ever so slightly, it works.
you know those clean plastic spacers that come with some tanks = 1, then 2, and if I synch it down = no good.

me thinks this is very odd.

VCMT is from another era, eh? I bet it works on a 2016 mech. ;-)

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VCMT is from another era, eh? I bet it works on a 2016 mech. ;-)

I think its like 3y/o now. and has an internal juice flow(weird). but otherwise looks like an average large tank, sept for the built in drip tip.
I may machine that down and bore it out for a normal DT. another summer machining task.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh yeah, they both work. just have to find the sweet spot for how far down the tank is.
Ok, then cool. That's it.

Just rig you up a spacer and you're good. I wouldn't like my tank suspended by just the 510 very long.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I see that you did already LOL!

I was busy last night and missed your posts above.

VU Sponsors