Become a Patron!

New shows on Netflix

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well actually it's not a new series but as I don't watch tv like all the time. I'm still catching up. I'm now about to start watching a series called Person of Interest. Has anyone seen it? It's got good reviews.

Last month I watched Breaking Bad for the first time. I thought it was so awesome that I watched it all almost in one go, well, in two weeks actually. I still want to find decent things to start watching. I look for shows that make an impact on me.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
haha you are a binger like i am, hon. i will watch an entire series in a weekend. the last one was The Killing, which i thought was totally involving and is somewhat dark and disturbing.....but riveting. the final season just started yesterday and i plan on watching it tonite. i also recommend Dexter. :)

Person of Interest is a show that is on regular tv here. i have seen it a few times and it's pretty good.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haha you are a binger like i am, hon. i will watch an entire series in a weekend. the last one was The Killing, which i thought was totally involving and is somewhat dark and disturbing.....but riveting. the final season just started yesterday and i plan on watching it tonite. i also recommend Dexter. :)

Person of Interest is a show that is on regular tv here. i have seen it a few times and it's pretty good.
Yeah for sure. I only watch stuff I find moves me in some way. I watched Sherlock (all of it) for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I'm aching to see the third season. A friend kept recommending Dextor..

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah for sure. I only watch stuff I find moves me in some way. I watched Sherlock (all of it) for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I'm aching to see the third season. A friend kept recommending Dextor..

dexter is 8 seasons i think, and some are better than others. but they are all worth watching. just give it a rest for awhile between seasons. (if you can) ;)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dexter is 8 seasons i think, and some are better than others. but they are all worth watching. just give it a rest for awhile between seasons. ;)
It sounds long. It'll have to be good. Do/did you watch Orange is the new black? I saw some. I watched the Hostel films the other night. I'd like to unsee them !

/so Dexter or Person of Interest .. or something else?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It sounds long. It'll have to be good. Do/did you watch Orange is the new black? I saw some. I watched the Hostel films the other night. I'd like to unsee them !

/so Dexter or Person of Interest .. or something else?

i have just started on Orange and it looks good. it is staggeringly popular.
do NOT watch Human Centipede if you didn't like the Hostel flicks. :O

Dexter is long but addicting. but i recommend The Killing over all else. :)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Argh I have to watch Human Centipede now. I'll gouge my eyes out afterwards. Why did you tell me that! They've got the second film on Netflix.
What episode are you on on OITNB?
Just looked. The Killing is in subtitles :/

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Loved Dexter! My boyfriend got hooked immediately when he started watching it online. Once he was close to getting caught up, he wouldn't let me watch the recorded ones so we could do a marathon.
OITNB... couple or 3 episodes in, I was hooked. I'll have to look into The Killing.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried House of Cards but it totally lost me.

You kind of need to see the first Human Centipede before seeing the second. I'll just leave it at that.
Ah ok. Well I've put the sequel into my List

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
Person of interest is good but you really have to pay attention or you can get lost really quick. My ADD kicks in too much to follow it...LOL

I just today subscribed to hulu plus and netflix as I will be canceling my dish service next month. Looking forward to saving some money. I am a big soap fan though, Y&R more than others and don't see where these are on either hulu or netflix.
So I will miss that but I am going to try and download a CBS app on my ipad
Will also miss mountain men, Alaskan bush people and deadliest catch. Did not see those either but I am still exploring so they may be there.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that's because you aren't familiar with american politics. consider yourself fortunate.
as for The Killing, it's an american/canadian production, so it's in english. what do they have it subtitled in over there???

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Person of interest is good but you really have to pay attention or you can get lost really quick. My ADD kicks in too much to follow it...LOL

I just today subscribed to hulu plus and netflix as I will be canceling my dish service next month. Looking forward to saving some money. I am a big soap fan though, Y&R more than others and don't see where these are on either hulu or netflix.
Will also miss mountain men, Alaskan bush people and deadliest catch. Did not see those either but I am still exploring so they may be there.
I'm half way into the pilot episode of POI. It's great. Been needing something like this. There's reams of episodes.

Thing about Netflix is it's films are pants! But it has a pretty decent extensive base of boxsets, so I'd say subscribe.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
a series on Crackle i highly recommend is Chosen.....totally preposterous but endlessly entertaining and violent.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's because you aren't familiar with american politics. consider yourself fortunate.
as for The Killing, it's an american/canadian production, so it's in english. what do they have it subtitled in over there???
Oh. I read on amazon reviews it was Danish with English subtitles. Maybe I was reading the wrong program :confused: I just tried it and yeah it's in English. So I'll ternate between the two unless I get addicted to POI

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You kind of need to see the first Human Centipede before seeing the second. I'll just leave it at that.

you'll be damaged after the first, horrified and repulsed by the second.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I take it you watched the first :p

i am ashamed to say i watched both. don't ask me why, i have no answer except maybe morbid curiosity.

Reactions: jae

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

A&E has an app, I don't know if Discovery does. Both have online episodes, though. I can't access viewing on network tv shows without logging in to a cable provider, which is bullshit. Effing network tv! It didn't used to be like that.

Anyway.... hope that's helpful.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
can't talk.....sharknado2 on....

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a show you get in the UK that we don't over here in the US and it drives me batty: Black Mirror.

My god that show is great. I was able to find a couple of episodes on sketchy websites and it is just fantastic.

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh. I read on amazon reviews it was Danish with English subtitles. Maybe I was reading the wrong program :confused: I just tried it and yeah it's in English. So I'll ternate between the two unless I get addicted to POI
There is a Danish show with English subtitles. It is quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a show you get in the UK that we don't over here in the US and it drives me batty: Black Mirror.

My god that show is great. I was able to find a couple of episodes on sketchy websites and it is just fantastic.
Nice one. I've never thought about watching that till now. Another one for the list.

There is a Danish show with English subtitles. It is quite good.
called The Killing?

Reactions: jae

justaguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love netflix,

Last edited:

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice one. I've never thought about watching that till now. Another one for the list.

called The Killing?
Yes. I binge watched the Danish version of The Killing not long ago. Another show to look for is The Bridge which is a Swedish Danish co-production. It opens with the discovery of a body on a bridge connecting the two countries.,,half on either side of the border. The top half of the body is a Swedish politician and the bottom half is a Danish prostitute. And then it gets bizarre.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BubbaVapesalot it's 90% Netflix in my home. Definitely. I can't be dealing with watching normal tele with all those adverts and interruptions. They don't even wait until it finishes anymore to tell you what's up next!

Yes. I binge watched the Danish version of The Killing not long ago. Another show to look for is The Bridge which is a Swedish Danish co-production. It opens with the discovery of a body on a bridge connecting the two countries.,,half on either side of the border. The top half of the body is a Swedish politician and the bottom half is a Danish prostitute. And then it gets bizarre.

It already sounds bizarre and intriguing.

"Serenity" - nothing to do with firefly is it?

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"Serenity" - nothing to do with firefly is it?[/QUOTE]

No. I have used the nickname for years. I think I was trying to come up with a nickname in the early days of my adventures online. My daughter was quite young at the time and although she is a great kid she has always been a handful in a good way. I think I was asking for "serenity now."

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. I have used the nickname for years. I think I was trying to come up with a nickname in the early days of my adventures online. My daughter was quite young at the time and although she is a great kid she has always been a handful in a good way. I think I was asking for "serenity now."
That's so funny.
You're English/British aren't you :D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Bridge. Didn't see it on Netflix :( Subtitles is something I'm used to. I never mind subtitles.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Bridge. Didn't see it on Netflix :( Subtitles is something I'm used to. I never mind subtitles.
Lilyhammer was brilliant. I was hoping there'd be a season 3. There might. It was half sub titles. I just get easily distracted. But with subtitles you have to stay glued to the tv

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Netflix Canada does not offer much of a selection. I am told it has improved so I may consider subscribing. I found The Bridge online and watched it but I can't remember which site. My Dad's parents emigrated from Sweden so I do have a love of all things Scandinavian. Lilyhammer sounds brilliant so I will have to see if I can find it. Thanks Hobby Kid!

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

The Killing; i think I watched most of that ? Was that about a girl who investigates a murder of a younger girl. She is on the last day of her job through most of the series....lol. She has a kid and is suppose to be moving to her fiance's place like through the whole show but keeps missing the plane?

Is that the one? I never did finish watching it if it is the same one.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Netflix Canada does not offer much of a selection. I am told it has improved so I may consider subscribing. I found The Bridge online and watched it but I can't remember which site. My Dad's parents emigrated from Sweden so I do have a love of all things Scandinavian. Lilyhammer sounds brilliant so I will have to see if I can find it. Thanks Hobby Kid!
You'll love it. It's about a loveable gangster like from the sopranos who relocates to lillyhammer under the witness protection scheme. It's very humorous with a good story line. If you speak the language then you're set and it will feel very familiar.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
"The Bridge " ? Isn't that the one about the retarded female cop ? Saw three episodes , waited for her to arrest a vaper !!! Man , can do better than that .
Thought that was trash , just my opinion "do not shoot me " !!

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
continuum is pretty good. sons of anarchy. Battlestar. Eureka. Warehouse 13. Think they're all on Netflix.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Silly little sitcom I enjoyed was The IT Crowd.
Oh man. One of the most underrated sitcoms ever. Very glad to see Chris O'Dowd and the incomparable Richard Ayoade getting loads of work and appearing in so many movies and series, but sad that there's only so many episodes of IT Crowd. Matt Berry's a treat too! Only thing i don't like is the stereotype about women in tech, but they occasionally make up for it in other ways.

Gah, so many amazing comedy series out of the UK in the last decade. Anybody here a Mighty Boosh fan??

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
continuum is pretty good. sons of anarchy. Battlestar. Eureka. Warehouse 13. Think they're all on Netflix.
Battlestar Galactica (the "reimagined" one) was SO GOOD! At least, up until the last season, then it all kinda went to shit in many ways. That first season was just fantastic though. SO SAY WE ALL

Reactions: Ace

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man. One of the most underrated sitcoms ever. Very glad to see Chris O'Dowd and the incomparable Richard Ayoade getting loads of work and appearing in so many movies and series, but sad that there's only so many episodes of IT Crowd. Matt Berry's a treat too! Only thing i don't like is the stereotype about women in tech, but they occasionally make up for it in other ways.

Gah, so many amazing comedy series out of the UK in the last decade. Anybody here a Mighty Boosh fan??
Ah you know, I still watch it all the time before netflix takes it off. I only saw the other day that there's a 45-50min episode as the finale, on netflix

VU Sponsors