Become a Patron!

New smok v8 baby

I started vaping about 3 weeks ago. Last year my wife had an iPV D2/Aspire tank gifted to her and I just started using it, and loving it since I quit smoking. I just bought a new Smok stick v8 baby (the small one) for my wife and it didn't seem to work correctly. First thing I did was to fully charge the battery. While that was charging I filled the tank. So when the battery charged I gave it a try, only to be greeted with nothing. The light blinked like it was suppose to when I pressed the button but I got nothing when I tried to draw from it. After turning it off and back on a few times I realized it isn't going to work. So I turned it off and installed an Aspire Cleito, turned it back on and now it works. Go figure. So I turned it off and reinstalled the smok tank and it works now. My question is, since the original smok coil wasn't recognized at the start and the aspire coil was, did the smok stick set to the right resistance for the smok coil because my guess would be that is still thinks the aspire tank is installed. And when I draw from the smok tank I can hear what sounds like a popping/crackling noise.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The V8 doesn't read the resistance of your coil I'm pretty sure. That's why the v8 has specific coils that are made for it. The snapping and popping is just the coil wicking and doing it's job, nothing to really worry about.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The V8 doesn't read the resistance of your coil I'm pretty sure. That's why the v8 has specific coils that are made for it. The snapping and popping is just the coil wicking and doing it's job, nothing to really worry about.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll be fine with that answer. I just didn't want to damage it.

So this mod applies the same watts no matter if I have the 0.15 or the 0.25 ohm coil installed. I thought I read somewhere or saw in a video that this mod will detect the resistance of the coil automatically, but if it doesn't adjust the watts then I can't see why it would automatically detect the resistance of the coil.

VU Sponsors