Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Think I posted this under the wrong section, hence posting here. Apologies

Hi All

Sort of new to Vaping, confused as hell LOL

Was a smoker till around 6 months back.

Then decided to try out vaping.

Bought a few kits.

1. Smok G Priv kit (Used for sometime, but found it bulky and couldn't understand what settings to use)
  2. Bought 2 X Smok V8 Stick Kits. Happy with them, No settings to be changed, easy. Except did not like leakage etc
  3. Then got 1 called Penguin (Little Plastic Unit. But Draw was so tight, that dumped it 2nd day)
  4. Then got a ELeaf IJUST S, which was a tighter draw than the Smok's, but learned to Live with it.
I was on PG/VG 50/50 for 6 months, found that I was getting severe shoulder muscle pain etc. Then read that PG juice causes that in very few people. Due to Lactic acid buildup.
So shifted to 100% VG (2% Menthol) + 8mg millgram Nicotine equivalent. The shoulder pain disappeared.

(Using the Smok V8 Stick & the ELeaf IJUST S) The problem I am facing now is that:
1) The coils burn out quick (but thats Ok)
2) Built in Battery runs out very quick (Not Ok)

Another thing I noticed is that with the Lower ohms coils like 0.14 etc, the draw is much smoother, which I like. I changed that to 0.5Ohms, and it bacame a much tighter draw. Am I dreaming, or does that happen ?

I am thinking of updating my Kit. Considering things important to me.

1) Long Battery Life
2) 100% VG juice
3) Low 0.15 or 0,2 ohm coils (For super loose, smoother draw & feel)
4) Large tank capacity (4ml upwards)
5) one click use, no confusing settings
6) easily available coils and parts (All brands not available down under)

The one I am considering getting is the:

*Smok Stick X8 - 4ml
*With Extra coils:
V8 X-Baby X4 Quad Core
Quadruple Coil Design
0.13ohm rated for 30-70W, recommended 45-60W

I am thinking this will satisfy all my needs.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Ohms or resistance have nothing to to with the draw as you call it. Neither does the mod matter when it comes to VG/pg ratio of juices, all of this depends on the tanks and drip tips. There's special manufactured tanks that are only for mtl (mouth to lung) or dl (direct lung hit), as well as hybrids that can do both, only change would be the drip tip. While you could archive that as well with any setup, its still different then going with a mtl/dl specific setup.

Furthermore, the atomizer (coils) itself is something you need to pay attention too, when picking your VG/PG ratio. As well as asking yourself if you want immense flavor, clouds or a bit of both. Most sub ohm coils not all tho, tend to have an issue with extreme thin juices (pg dominant), while most again not all, above ohm and mtl setups, seem to struggle with thick juices (VG dominant). Sure heat does play a factor as well, but nowadays even 30 watt devices can and will vaporize high VG juices. It is however difficult to find a 100% VG juice. Most brands do high or max VG, in most cases 80/20 or 90/10 and I do have a pg sensitivity, but these work fine, does come at a price tho... Muted flavor in comparison to 70/30 or 65/35 etc.

The effects you're describing don't sound like pg sensitivity, but more like too much/too high nicotine for the setups, or different setups. But not going in detail here.

You'll have to buy lots of coils when picking up smok setups. Smok is notorious known for their coils burning out or need to be changed every 2-3 days, give or take add or lose a day. That's why I normally do not recommend smok, but if that's what you want, the setup you picked is OK, might want to look at the Q2 o.6 coils as well, the x4 while not being bad, is most likely not what you're looking at. Need to be run at least at 57-75 watts, depending on juice and they are hella thirsty in comparison. But that's just my experience with them.

If you have a online store that ships to you, or a local vape store, I'll recommend going there and have them show you the difference between sub ohming, above ohm vaping, mtl/DL etc. Hard for me to give any other suggestions as of right now.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I changed that to 0.5Ohms, and it bacame a much tighter draw. Am I dreaming, or does that happen ?
Not dreaming, that happens. The higher ohm coils have less wire in the coil so need less airflow or else they leak (they also vaporize less juice)
You will probably be fine with 20/80 pg/vg.
A 1 button mod literally has no settings you can change. It is what it is. Higher ohm draws less power, lower ohm draws more power. Perhaps you can split the difference if you can find a 0.30 ohm coil.
If you want better vaping and battery life, you are just going to have to learn to use +/- wattage buttons. Start low, work upwards until you get the vape you like. Lower watts mean longer battery life, but a 150w mod (or higher) with 2 batteries should easily last you all day if you are using premade 0.15 ohm coils. Most of us use these and keep a spare set of batteries charged. Just swap them as needed. If you really vape a lot, you can get battery condoms (protective skins) and carry a charged set with you.

Keeping your juice tank topped up so the juice doesn't go below the juice holes in the coil will help keep the coil from burning. Just to make sure the wick inside the coil doesn't start drying out.

VU Sponsors