Become a Patron!

New Tank from Uwell

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
http://www.vaperoyalty.com/uwell-rafale-sub-ohm-tank/

Anyone heard of this? I'm curious if it will take the Crown coild or go the Herakles route and make a whole new one.

Thoughts?
It's new to me. I love the Crown. However, I wish, they had a better optional RBA (not just a single coil) for the Crown. Just looking at the pictures, the only improvement would be, they changed the top to be straight with the tank, as well as the AFC. Otherwise, definitely a tank, I'd might consider to buy.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting, I wonder the same things, like if it's a redesigned Crown with a new type of topfill and if it will take Crown coils.

120 Watt coil sounds serious.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unique Anti Leak Design. I have yet to see that fulfilled on any of my subtanks

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Crowns are the only tanks I have that don't leak. I wonder what the difference is between the original Crown and this tank? I can't see that any improvement needed to be made, other than the RBA!

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't say the RBA section itself is an RTA lol. The tank, with the RBA deck installed, makes the Crown an RTA.

RBA stands for ReBuildable Atomizer

There are 3 types of RBAs
1. RDA = Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
2. RTA = Rebuildable Tank Atomizer.
3. RDTA = Rebuildabe Dripping Tank Atomizer

With the "RBA" section screwed into the base it the Crown an RTA because it goes from a clearomizer tank to a tank that is now rebuildable.

Just because the RBA (aka coil deck) can be removed from the base it doesn't make it void of RTA status. The Taifun GT-S2 has a removable coil deck, but it's still an RTA.

Lots of people hate Taifuns and Kayfuns and whatever, but that doesn't mean they lose their identity as RTAs. Likewise, just because you don't like the performance of the Crown in RTA mode, it doesn't change what it is. It's a clearomizer which can be turned into an RTA with an optional part.

HRC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think what he's saying is Crowns RBA section sucks compared to their premades.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you really think you needed to define the acronyms?

And RBA is a compromise. Yes you slap a coil in, but a lot of unnecessary complication and wasted space. A dedicated RTA is just that. Dedicated. Purpose built. Doesn't need "modes". Lot's of very good RTAs out there right now. The Crown is the best tank out there. The RBA was an after thought and sucks compared to many others.

So, I don't need a transformer. I love my Crowns. I have a couple fantastic RTAs. If Uwell made a RTA, I would buy the day they announced it. My Crown RBA... Never bothered building it. No point.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you really think you needed to define the acronyms?

No comment :)

The STM is the same way. It's a clearomizer with option to use a RBA head. I love it. It suits my needs very well with the new RBA Plus. I rarely use factory coils in an STM. Therefore, I consider it an RTA. Is it a dedicated RTA? No. Still an RTA (with the RBA head installed). It was built for both.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@toolsavvy i think we all understand what you are saying...we just don t fully agree with it
a tank with a RBA section is in most ways different then a dedicated rta like a crius,griffin,etc.
And that difference is important to many of us.

I have a crown, maganus and kanger STMS. i wanted to strat building my own coils. i tried somewhat o the STM but it just wasnt a very successful venture. I considered teh crown RBA for about 2 seconds because all the reviews of it are bad. I could have held out for the new ceramikus fro vapeston and tried its rta or got the smok tfv4 and its multitude of rba sections.
BUt I went with a crius because i hold a distinction in my own mind between things like tanks with rba sections and dedicated RTAs

Even if the crown rba base worked flawlessly, I still do not see it performing as well as a stock coil mainly due to its size limitation and tring to fit a dual parallel coil in it in the same ohm ranges as the stock coils.

I wanted more flexibility then the small rba sections offered.

so while you are correct when you say if you put in the rba base of any of the tanks in them, they are virtually an rta now. its just not the same as a dedicated rta in my mind.
so to me rta means dedicated rta like a crius a crown smok tfv4,crown or what have you with an rba base is not the same even though its extremely similar.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Or you could just say you use the RBA on your STM. That's where the "RBA" is useful... Because the STM isn't a RTA. It's a TA with pre made coils or a RBA insert. That's where RTA is useful....

None of these things were ever thought out. WTF is clearomizer supposed to mean? But a tank is a tank, a dripper is a dripper, and a RTA seems to be accepted as just that... Since so many nice RTAs are coming out now.

As far as the STM, ya when 15-20w is all you are doing, a RBA is useful. You can put a 15w coil in one. But when a Crown can do 100w on a dual 0.25 coil w no dry hits... Then the RBA is pretty silly. Why neuter a perfectly good tank capable of much more... You could just get a STM.

Which brings us full circle... If Uwell makes a RTA, I'll be on it like a rat on a cheeto.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or you could just say you use the RBA on your STM. That's where the "RBA" is useful... Because the STM isn't a RTA. It's a TA with pre made coils or a RBA insert. That's where RTA is useful....

None of these things were ever thought out. WTF is clearomizer supposed to mean? But a tank is a tank, a dripper is a dripper, and a RTA seems to be accepted as just that... Since so many nice RTAs are coming out now.

As far as the STM, ya when 15-20w is all you are doing, a RBA is useful. You can put a 15w coil in one. But when a Crown can do 100w on a dual 0.25 coil w no dry hits... Then the RBA is pretty silly. Why neuter a perfectly good tank capable of much more... You could just get a STM.

Which brings us full circle... If Uwell makes a RTA, I'll be on it like a rat on a cheeto.

And the flavor/performance of the STM RBA is pretty much what I got with the Crown RBA (and the 1.2 ohm coils):p But the STM RBA isn't as annoying - not that I ever use those anymore.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if it was there when I posted this but I just noticed the price. $44.95?

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh dang, it never fails. "Well, I've got this and this and that on the way, that should pretty much do it til the 'next round' starts up. Whew! Let's check VU this morning... Oooh, new Uwell - DAMN!"

I mean, with the track record with the Crown, I'm almost eager to give Uwell an automatic shot when this releases. If it takes Crown coils, all the better. Hopefully they put it out in that Rose Gold, I was this close to buying a second Crown in that color, now I think I'll hold off until this drops.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't imagine why the would use or make different coils. If you are in the market for a Crown, then this one looks nice. But I see no reason to buy this when I have 2 crowns. I still think it's a little odd... An updated version of a brand new tank that had very little problems. Yet no so much different from that one... I mean make it bigger, or smaller... IDK, it's pretty much the same thing.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I didn't say the RBA section itself is an RTA lol. The tank, with the RBA deck installed, makes the Crown an RTA.
No, it does not. It makes it a tank with an RBA.

The STM is the same way. It's a clearomizer with option to use a RBA head. ... I rarely use factory coils in an STM. Therefore, I consider it an RTA.
You can consider it to be a pizza, if you want, but that won't make it a pizza.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't imagine why the would use or make different coils. If you are in the market for a Crown, then this one looks nice. But I see no reason to buy this when I have 2 crowns. I still think it's a little odd... An updated version of a brand new tank that had very little problems. Yet no so much different from that one... I mean make it bigger, or smaller... IDK, it's pretty much the same thing.
Yeah, and the fact that there's branding on it now, that's kind of a ... ehh .. I dunno. But I'm in the market, so let's see how it rolls out and see what other people have to say about it.

I've seen manufacturers do this before - find a tank you like, newer upgraded tank comes along and you got a box and a half of coil heads that are gonna go into the 'old' box right along with it. So I'm crossing my fingers that it'll take the Crown coils. Cause... I bought a lot of them. :/

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still get a tiny bit of weeping around some of the seams and airflow ring on my Crown. Maybe the new tank has better O-rings or something. For me, buying this new tank will depend on the RBA. The Crown RBA is definitely tricky to use (and damn tiny) but it isn't unusable. It's just about all I use, even though I sometimes have to tinker with the wicking to avoid dry hits. If Uwell comes out with a good RBA for this tank I'll get it.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think it looks pretty slick, and I love my Crown, it's like drinking juice, so... Yeah, I'm in. Sign me up.

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are a few differences between the rafale and the crown.
-Anti spit back system.
-Top fill looks to be something like the triton where as you don't have to take off the lid to fill.
-Four legs on the inside of the crown tank seem to not be designed into this one. Probably
will help air bubbles getting stuck under the leg so other bubbles take longer to enter into
the tank.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I didn't say there were not differences. But it's another tank in the same category of the Crown. Now they have 2 of the same. If this one is an improvement, then why continue with Crown? Call it the Crown 2? I just find it odd. I mean the Crown is still selling well. If sales were stagnant, and they wanted fresh new latest greatest, well they didn't need that for another 6 months. The Crown isn't 6 months old yet.

And again, if it's improved, fine. But it isn't a new addition to their line that adds something new/different for the market/consumers. It's just now they offer 2 sub ohm tanks. If they want to add to their line of tanks... Make a mini, or a mega, or a RTA. That would be an expansion of their product line.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't say there were not differences. But it's another tank in the same category of the Crown. Now they have 2 of the same. If this one is an improvement, then why continue with Crown? Call it the Crown 2? I just find it odd. I mean the Crown is still selling well. If sales were stagnant, and they wanted fresh new latest greatest, well they didn't need that for another 6 months. The Crown isn't 6 months old yet.

And again, if it's improved, fine. But it isn't a new addition to their line that adds something new/different for the market/consumers. It's just now they offer 2 sub ohm tanks. If they want to add to their line of tanks... Make a mini, or a mega, or a RTA. That would be an expansion of their product line.
That's an easy answer - fools like me have that itch that only frivolous buying of new, shiny things will scratch. I'll buy one, and a bunch of others will too.

That being said, I absolutely agree - I'd be much more excited if it were a dedicated RTA. Or, basically, a giant Crown with another 2ml or so.

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't say there were not differences.

Did my comment appear that I was addressing you directly?
I was stating some clear differences between this and the crown as there are some posts above
leaning the new tank to be the same as the crown. Similar in appearances yes, but there are changes
none the less and I haven't seen anyone here say they have tried it yet. Maybe it sucks, maybe it's effing
amazing. I'm not offended that uwell will be offering this tank instead of a totally revamped model or fixing
the RTA for the crown. Maybe a RTA for the rafael will be unbeatable (for its time) and you will buy one
or you won't. The crown is great so maybe they built on it and made it better. I think it was a good idea to
improve the model-T, seemed to work out in the long run for ford.

edit:

Really? Someone should let nike in on this reasoning. I'm pretty sure Uwells priority is making
money and this type of marketing works.

Last edited:

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@at jim, full disclosure... I don't know what most of the acronyms are. I know I use a tank and thats
where I lose interest.

@Amanda,
I've read here a few people unhappy/surprised the crown coils don't have screens like the joyetech coils
and "wished they did". maybe uwell picked up on that.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fat chimney I'd guess.
Possibly more prone to it (like a cannon bore RDA), and at 100w plus... :eek:

:p
That actually makes a lot of sense - I never got spitback from my Crown either, but your points all lead to needing it (the anti-spitback feature).

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did my comment appear that I was addressing you directly?
I was stating some clear differences between this and the crown as there are some posts above
leaning the new tank to be the same as the crown. Similar in appearances yes, but there are changes
none the less and I haven't seen anyone here say they have tried it yet. Maybe it sucks, maybe it's effing
amazing. I'm not offended that uwell will be offering this tank instead of a totally revamped model or fixing
the RTA for the crown. Maybe a RTA for the rafael will be unbeatable (for its time) and you will buy one
or you won't. The crown is great so maybe they built on it and made it better. I think it was a good idea to
improve the model-T, seemed to work out in the long run for ford.

edit:

Really? Someone should let nike in on this reasoning. I'm pretty sure Uwells priority is making
money and this type of marketing works.
Seriously? Where did I say I was offended by them making it.

Sure, Nike is a great example... They only make 200 different shoes in many different sizes. Oh ya, they offer running, soccer, basketball, hiking, tennis, cross training, wrestling, boxing..... Different products for different uses.

Uwell makes one sub ohm tank. One. Brand new to the tank market. And not six months since their initial offering, which was a home run by the way, they what... Offer another sub ohm tank of the same size??? Feel free to think what you want about that. I happen to think it's odd. Isn't the Internet great!

Agreed, I am also a sufferer of shinyitus.

However I am interested in the improvements made. I currently own 2 crowns and love them to bits but they do have their faults:
1. Leakage in the airflow seams after replacing top cap.
2. Spit back. I receive a lot of spit back using Ni200 coils at 450f 70-80W.

If the new tank addresses both of these issues sign me up!

Only issue with new tank is it does cannot run crown coils as far as I can see. :(

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seriously? Where did I say I was offended by them making it.

Sure, Nike is a great example... They only make 200 different shoes in many different sizes. Oh ya, they offer running, soccer, basketball, hiking, tennis, cross training, wrestling, boxing..... Different products for different uses.

Uwell makes one sub ohm tank. One. Brand new to the tank market. And not six months since their initial offering, which was a home run by the way, they what... Offer another sub ohm tank of the same size??? Feel free to think what you want about that. I happen to think it's odd. Isn't the Internet great!

lol ! if you wanna just argue for the sport of it fine just say so. maybe i'll
write you up a nice inclusive thesis before all my supportive arguments
if you prefer. take a look again at your own words, you sound very put
off with this new tank. Should i use a different word than "offended",
what word would you prefer that describes your feels towards this
new tank? lmao whatever.. it's a new tank. If your not happy with a tank
you have or anyone here has tried yet...life goes on.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not super excited, but I'll definitely....probably grab one at some point. Maybe.

5mls is intriguing, but more mls typically means a longer stem, which typically means a trifle less flavor.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
lol ! if you wanna just argue for the sport of it fine just say so. maybe i'll
write you up a nice inclusive thesis before all my supportive arguments
if you prefer. take a look again at your own words, you sound very put
off with this new tank. Should i use a different word than "offended",
what word would you prefer that describes your feels towards this
new tank? lmao whatever.. it's a new tank. If your not happy with a tank
you have or anyone here has tried yet...life goes on.
Good grief. Takes two to tango buddy. I absolutely love my Crowns. Arguably the best tank of 2015. The new benchmark for sub ohm tanks. Uwell made a great tank. Not "put off" by anything. I simply commented that I find their second offering odd. In fact said it several times. You commented, I commented. That's how a forum works. Sorry you don't get that. You must be new. Welcome to the interweb. Enjoy your stay.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
lol
i love how everyone thinks teh crown was unique or something its a original maganus with top fill and coils made of SS instead of Kanthal. Both are possibly the best tanks made so far. I have them both and use them daily, but since i have the worlds only no leaking crius..it is slowly replacing them both

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's how the market has been going over the last year or so.

A sub-tank, RDA, or mod is born and copied and sold for a few months; v2 is born and people jump on; something new comes out promising to revolutionize the way we vape; there's hype and haters, and the cycle goes on.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The anti spitback design is probably for those that want to vape at lower watts, this is the only time I have gotten spitback, you have to crank the Crown up which is probably what most do.

What I would really like is SS coils that actually work with SS TC, the Crown is the only ones that doesn't and it has something to do with using Ni tails or something like that.

The new tank looks like a more dressed up version, on the fence, ahhhh, who am I kidding, I will probably buy one :D

Vape Royalty (the link is to there site in the OP) is a solid vendor too. I recently got a mfg defective Mutank from them but there customer service was great and replaced it. There my go to vendor from now on due to competitive pricing and great customer service. @Shark Vape , there local to us as well, shipped out of Corona, CA so my package arrived the next day.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The anti spitback design is probably for those that want to vape at lower watts, this is the only time I have gotten spitback, you have to crank the Crown up which is probably what most do.

What I would really like is SS coils that actually work with SS TC, the Crown is the only ones that doesn't and it has something to do with using Ni tails or something like that.

The new tank looks like a more dressed up version, on the fence, ahhhh, who am I kidding, I will probably buy one :D

Vape Royalty (the link is to there site in the OP) is a solid vendor too. I recently got a mfg defective Mutank from them but there customer service was great and replaced it. There my go to vendor from now on due to competitive pricing and great customer service. @Shark Vape , there local to us as well, shipped out of Corona, CA so my package arrived the next day.
I only use my crown in TC. You have to use a 304 TCR (100-105) but works just fine for me. Many do the same.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only use my crown in TC. You have to use a 304 TCR (100-105) but works just fine for me. Many do the same.

Well then it has something to do with the Joytech chips in the Evic Mini and RX200, both of them won't fire the Crown with SS coils in SS 316L mode. I am not too worried about it though, it works so well in power mode I see no need to fiddle anymore.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well then it has something to do with the Joytech chips in the Evic Mini and RX200, both of them won't fire the Crown with SS coils in SS 316L mode. I am not too worried about it though, it works so well in power mode I see no need to fiddle anymore.
Can you enter your own TCR on those? The nickle legs do throw it off. Most get a weak vape. So we just bump up the TCR. 105 works good. Did that on a SX Mini too. Now I have DNA 200s.

The coils themselves might get bad connections on the legs too. My ohms would drift. So I have to lock ohms. Other than that, works fine.

And I agree, power mode rocks too. But I stick to TC cause of the faster heat up.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the eVic Mini and it does have some adjustment for TCR but haven't messed with it yet. The RX200 doesn't that I know of, still waiting for a software update if it comes.

Thanks for the tips, I will look into changing the TCR to try out the Crown in TC mode.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Crown isn't 6 months old yet.
I received our first order of Crowns on May 14th, 2015... and I don't think we were the first shop around to get them.
Now they have 2 of the same. If this one is an improvement, then why continue with Crown? Call it the Crown 2? I just find it odd. I mean the Crown is still selling well. If sales were stagnant, and they wanted fresh new latest greatest, well they didn't need that for another 6 months.
Crown replacement coil sales have taken a nose dive in our stores recently. And the tanks haven't sold better than most other brands for several months now. Unless we are the only vape shops in the world experiencing that, maybe Uwell does have a reason to introduce a new product. Word of mouth drives sub ohm tank sales in a vape shop. And in all honesty, the only customers talking about the Crown in our shops anymore, are complaining about it.

Hopefully the view from the other side of the counter might help explain Uwell's motives here.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can you enter your own TCR on those? The nickle legs do throw it off. Most get a weak vape. So we just bump up the TCR. 105 works good. Did that on a SX Mini too. Now I have DNA 200s.

The coils themselves might get bad connections on the legs too. My ohms would drift. So I have to lock ohms. Other than that, works fine.

And I agree, power mode rocks too. But I stick to TC cause of the faster heat up.
ok so I am kind of new to this, can is 105, .00105? Thanks for helping me with this.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I received our first order of Crowns on May 14th, 2015... and I don't think we were the first shop around to get them.

Crown replacement coil sales have taken a nose dive in our stores recently. And the tanks haven't sold better than most other brands for several months now. Unless we are the only vape shops in the world experiencing that, maybe Uwell does have a reason to introduce a new product. Word of mouth drives sub ohm tank sales in a vape shop. And in all honesty, the only customers talking about the Crown in our shops anymore, are complaining about it.

Hopefully the view from the other side of the counter might help explain Uwell's motives here.
Good perspective. Obviously I'm not in sales.... I just go by posts here. Still plenty of inquiries. Doesn't equal sales though. So if Uwell sees a trend, so be it.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ok so I am kind of new to this, can is 105, .00105? Thanks for helping me with this.
Yes. Exactly. Just easier for lazy people like me. 316 is 0.00088-0.00091 depending where you see it. So 304 is like 0.00105. So it's easier just to say 105. But you got it. My 430 is 138. The highest I've seen for SS is 155 for 410(?) But that's not suitable for our use... At least to me.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes. Exactly. Just easier for lazy people like me. 316 is 0.00088-0.00091 depending where you see it. So 304 is like 0.00105. So it's easier just to say 105. But you got it. My 430 is 138. The highest I've seen for SS is 155 for 410(?) But that's not suitable for our use... At least to me.
cool powerman, I appreciate the info. I will adjust my koopor accordingly! :) Thank you!

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't hurt.

I don't see every comment or even thread about products I don't own, but I read a lot, and honestly... the only sub-ohm line I see with serious legs is the KangerST (OK, Aspire has a piece of that too). It's like a family of pick-up trucks. Not without their issues and none will please everyone... but they're freakin' workhorses that everyone has heard of.
Hell... I've never even used a Mini, but I understand why they get recommended so often.

Almost everything else seems to be "what's the flavor of the month".
Very true... Kanger and Aspire received their sub ohm tank market share for two reasons. Name recognition and bundling the tanks with mods. Unfortunately with out both of these assets working for them, other sub ohm tanks that deserved far more attention, didn't get it. There were two tanks that we carried during last year that should have been far more popular than they were globally.

The first one was the iJoy Acme Vape Tank. It was a perfect substitute for people that were happy with the performance of the Kanger Subtank or Aspire Atlantis. Basically the new Joyetech Cubis is a redesign of this iJoy tank that makes it top fill. They still have a very loyal following in our stores but you just don't hear about them anywhere else. And until the Asolo thread on here I am pretty sure not more than a hand full of Vaping Underground members had even heard of iJoy. This tank came out early and solved so many common issues that people still have with sub tanks but never took off. Stupid name from an unknown manufacturer and never bundled.

The second was the Gigue Aeolus Mini. Top fill with a .4 ohm factory SS coil and a cooling fan in the top cap. They work perfectly with TC mods or in power mode. The coils break in, in seconds not hours or days like some complain about with the Crown coils. For most of our customers it was the Crown killer. I don't hear anyone talking about it anywhere however and Gigue is already introducing a new tank most likely due to lack of sales. But these out sell the Crown, Herakles Plus, Smok TFV4 and Arctic V8 head to head in our stores. It isn't even close. We haven't seen a sub ohm tank sell this well since the Kanger Subtank and Aspire Atlantis were both brand new and the only options.

Honorable mention goes to the Tobeco Super Tank Mini. It receives half of the attention it deserves. I am bringing it up mostly for reference. Tobeco just introduced the Super Tank Turbo and is advertising it as the first tank to use a cooling fan. Which it isn't. But name recognition just might make it the next big thing and give them credit that they don't deserve. If they were to bundle it with a good mod, it most likely would.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Honorable mention goes to the Tobeco Super Tank Mini. It receives half of the attention it deserves.
(Emphasis added)

Less than half, in my view.

My wife and I were at one of the local tobacco/vape stores and I just happened to see these (stainless, white and black, I think) under the glass and the black one caught my eye. Asked about it. Read up on it. Went back several days later and bought it. The thing has performed flawlessly for me, with both max VG and 50/50. Doesn't take a metric butt-load of power or juice to produce nice flavour and density. Tobeco's coils are about 2/3 the cost of The Other Guys' coils.

I like RTAs and RDAs, but I gotta say: This tank is one of my best vape purchases. Only down-side: The drip tip being integral with the top, so you can't use the one of your choosing. Not a big deal, to me, but it might be for others.

VU Sponsors