Become a Patron!

New tank suggestions, looking for good flavor but good juice economy

Captain_Dabber

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone. I posted this over on the RTA/Rebuildable section, but I'll throw it here too for shits and giggles.

Captain Dabber, absolute noob here. In my short time being committed to vaping, I've amassed a small collection of equipment - a Troll v2, great for flavor, a Cubis Pro, my spitting nightmare, and my newest addition, a TFV8, a beast in every sense of the word.

I LOVE my Troll, and I like dripping - if I'm at home. The Cubis... spits, the coils suck (IMO) and it looks ratty on top of my RX2/3. The TFV8 is awesome - massive flavor, massive vapor, MASSIVE juice consumption, even with my dual clapton .7 RBA deck in it.

I'm looking for a tank for convenience while on the go - at work, at school, etc... I'm okay with prebuilt coils, but I'm guessing I'd be just as happy with a single coil rebuildable. I find myself to be honestly overwhelmed with the amount of vapor that the TFV8 produces, even with a higher subohm build and lower wattages.

TL; DR...
To sum it all up:
I'm looking for something that gives decent airflow- I don't want to be trying to suck a golfball through a gardenhose, but don't need quite as much as my TFV8.
I'm not trying to cloud or flavor chase with this thing.
I'm looking for juice economy, so I'd like to stay with a single coil.
It'd be cool to get honest leak reviews.
I'm open to prebuilt coils, but find myself enjoying building and wicking, so RTA's are cool too. Bonus points for both.
I'm also a D2L kinda guy, so I prefer to stay in subohm ranges (I know, subohm setups eat more juice, but some more than others)

Anddddd..... GO!

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Joytech Ultimo. Amazing tank, flavor, and 4 different heads. Doesnt suck juice. One of the best tanks ive tried.

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is a ton of airflow, but I keep mine with a small crack which is plenty for me. The clapton coils are really good, not a fan of ceramic from any company. Ceramic flavor was great as well, but I prefer cotton/wire.

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I keep the claptons at 50w and juice consumption is great, doesnt drink juice. Overall its a very good tank, the best Joyetech made so far. I havent touched my Crown/Crown 2/Cleito since I got it.

Captain_Dabber

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As I said, I cross posted this from the Rebuildables section, where I've gotten some great suggestions... But yours may be the one I go with. Rawsome.

kikitup

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was using arctic tanks, then switched to the arctic v8. Great flavor and clouds, but man does it eat juice and batteries. I looked into the herakles pro after I read about the 1.8 coils. Man I love this tank. I vape at 28 watts (I like a cooler vape) and juice consumption has dropped dramaticly. The flavor is on pair with the v8 cloud production less. But to be honest It feels like a subohm vape. I got the first tank about a week ago and now have another and my wife has the mini pro. The black and the stainless look great but the rose gold finish is a bit iffy. I get a little seepage from the air holes but not enough to bother me. They also make the 1.8 coils for the herakles hohnor tank. I would definatly look into these tanks

LizClark0910

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
*Vgod Trick Tank*
Not just for blowin' O's, lol.
Biggest pro's for me with this tank is the crazy good airflow. Which is a good thing I like it since it can't be adjusted. But that sucker is open.
I love the clean, low profile of it too.
Con would be the 3ml, wish it were 4. But that would prob affect the low profike I love so much, lol.
Smooth vape, clean flavor.
Grimm gave it an awesome review also.
http://imgur.com/TQsh0BG

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was using arctic tanks, then switched to the arctic v8. Great flavor and clouds, but man does it eat juice and batteries. I looked into the herakles pro after I read about the 1.8 coils. Man I love this tank. I vape at 28 watts (I like a cooler vape) and juice consumption has dropped dramaticly. The flavor is on pair with the v8 cloud production less. But to be honest It feels like a subohm vape. I got the first tank about a week ago and now have another and my wife has the mini pro. The black and the stainless look great but the rose gold finish is a bit iffy. I get a little seepage from the air holes but not enough to bother me. They also make the 1.8 coils for the herakles hohnor tank. I would definatly look into these tanks[/QUOTE

For RTA's, maybe look at the Serpent or the Merlin.

For economical prebuilt, I second the Sense 1.8 coils for a variety of Herakles tanks. These tanks, using sub ohm coils, are nice daily drivers, for when you want clouds and flavor but not tfv8 or tfv4 beast clouds.

jb58

Member For 4 Years
I may be in a minority but I have 3 sub tank minis, use the re-buildable deck and think it has great flavor. As far as juice consumption thats relative to how much you vape. I hit it pretty hard all day and go through 2-2 1/2 tanks a day but I also make my own.

Mr T

Member For 4 Years
I was using arctic tanks, then switched to the arctic v8. Great flavor and clouds, but man does it eat juice and batteries. I looked into the herakles pro after I read about the 1.8 coils. Man I love this tank. I vape at 28 watts (I like a cooler vape) and juice consumption has dropped dramaticly. The flavor is on pair with the v8 cloud production less. But to be honest It feels like a subohm vape. I got the first tank about a week ago and now have another and my wife has the mini pro. The black and the stainless look great but the rose gold finish is a bit iffy. I get a little seepage from the air holes but not enough to bother me. They also make the 1.8 coils for the herakles hohnor tank. I would definatly look into these tanks

What about the leaking problems whith the pro tank?

How long does the 1.8 coils last?

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been using the 1.8 in og Herk. Different, taller thinner Atlantis style coil, not for the Herk Plus or Pro. I've been unable to kill it in over 3 weeks, though at 26.5w because 7v is the limit of the ipv d3 I'm using it wirh. Tried to kill it, unsuccessfully, even with chocolate juice.

I assume similar design for the Pro- kanthal wire, then ceramic between 2 layers of cotton.

As for leaking, my Plus sometimes leaks, and spits with a new coil. Will leak if coil is going bad, and if hot day. Not unmanageable, but limits my use of it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Take a look at the Augvape Merlin. It really shines in single coil mode, can be use as a MTL or DLH tank, flavor is fantastic, and she really isn't a juice guzzler

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll throw this out. The CoV Defiant is a really nice tank for flavor. The .5 ceramic coils are just good. The only issue is the top gets hot. I solved this by putting one of the Cleito top drip tip bands on it - Cleito came with four anyway. This is a nice tank that should fit your needs.

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run the Super Tank Mini by tobeco, greta coil selection and don't go through juice like crazy, i run it at 35 whats on the .5 coil and its pretty conservative on juice. super relaible.

pyccki

Member For 4 Years
I run the Super Tank Mini by tobeco, greta coil selection and don't go through juice like crazy, i run it at 35 whats on the .5 coil and its pretty conservative on juice. super relaible.

Can you elaborate on "coil selection"?
i just order ST Mini and ST25, i heard there's other brands coils work with those tanks.
What can you recommend.

Thanx.
Edit:
I think i did find HERAKLES SUB-OHM BVC REPLACEMENT COIL?

Last edited:

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you elaborate on "coil selection"?
i just order ST Mini and ST25, i heard there's other brands coils work with those tanks.
What can you recommend.

Thanx.
Edit:
I think i did find HERAKLES SUB-OHM BVC REPLACEMENT COIL?

I found that their own coils work just fine, specifically their Notch coils. people also like the Atoms coils, but i have had bad experiences with them, such as coil separation. Herakles and Aspire coils fit i know for sure. they FIT A TON of coils. i know there is a thread on what fits Atlantis Coils. not sure where

pyccki

Member For 4 Years
I found that their own coils work just fine, specifically their Notch coils. people also like the Atoms coils, but i have had bad experiences with them, such as coil separation. Herakles and Aspire coils fit i know for sure. they FIT A TON of coils. i know there is a thread on what fits Atlantis Coils. not sure where
Thanks for reply,
i'll keep looking.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for reply,
i'll keep looking.

Playboy Vixen coils pretty good, used in my old Atlantis 2, 0.2 ohm kanthal. Going to try new Coil Art also. Herakles coils last several weeks and good flavor. Not the airiest, but I'm ok with that for all day vape.

For clouds bro, there's Vaporwerx Monster for Atlantis and related. Not that anyone asked, I know. Just amused what these tanks can do with a good coil.

pyccki

Member For 4 Years
Finally found an entire list of coils on "some" site
Aspire Atlantis Tank
Aspire Atlantis 2 Tank
Aspire Triton Tank
Aspire Triton 2 Tank
Eleaf Melo 2 Tank
Eleaf iJust 2 Tank
Playboy Vixen Tank
Playboy Vixen Mini Tank
Sense Herakles Tank
Tobeco Super Tank
Tobeco Mini Super Tank
CTBVC.jpg

Attachments

• Coils.jpg
    Coils.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 12

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@mikeyboy74

Let me know about Coil Art

Thanx

Have not yet tried Coil Art, but did try Vaporwerx 0.2 kanthal Herakles. It did not last very long, maybe 12-15 ml. Suggested range 50-75w, but pretty hot by 50w, 42-45 is more realistic. Flavor was good, clouds dense but average size. I would say the Sense 0.6 and 0.2 are just about as good flavor but go much longer before burnt wicking. This based on just 1 coil, could have been a bad one.

pyccki

Member For 4 Years
Have not yet tried Coil Art, but did try Vaporwerx 0.2 kanthal Herakles. It did not last very long, maybe 12-15 ml. Suggested range 50-75w, but pretty hot by 50w, 42-45 is more realistic. Flavor was good, clouds dense but average size. I would say the Sense 0.6 and 0.2 are just about as good flavor but go much longer before burnt wicking. This based on just 1 coil, could have been a bad one.

I've tried coils that came with tank which is kanthal 0.2 and suggested was 50-100W and best flavor should be around 70, i couldn't pass 55W, i was getting burn and dry hits, so i'm pretty much on 40-50.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've tried coils that came with tank which is kanthal 0.2 and suggested was 50-100W and best flavor should be around 70, i couldn't pass 55W, i was getting burn and dry hits, so i'm pretty much on 40-50.

Variable coil quality for sure. Just put in an 0.6 Sense coil that would not fire at all, then an 0.2 Sense that is doing fine at 60-63w.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Over the past 14 months, I've gotten a few bad coils from each tank I've had.

I've done pretty well with the tfv4, especially the various Claptons. Herakles has been good too, though not without a bad one on occasion.

The Crown is great with 0.25 as a flavor coil in the 60 watt range. Bump the power and try to chuck some clouds, then all bets are off.

You mention Tobeco. I think the Atlantis type coils like Tobeco, Starre, Triton, Herakles, Playboy are more alike than different. I would take Herakles for ability to wick and good flavor, Starre 0.25 for clouds, Triton Clapton for best flavor..... but that one doesn't last long enough. For low wattage, new Herakles 1.8 ceramic, flavor and lasts long, not a cloud coil though.

pyccki

Member For 4 Years
Over the past 14 months,........

Thanks @mikeyboy74
have a Crown but never tried .25, i haven't touched it for a while since i got on RTA vagon :)
but i'm back to somewhat coils
not much of the cloud chaser, but like a good flavor, aren't we all
So,
i will try your recommendation Herakles 1.8

VU Sponsors