Become a Patron!

New thing my wife sent me

93civEJ1

Member For 3 Years
So...my wife sent this to me earlier:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...124000&usg=AFQjCNFiwpcBcp50NAYpl0MUK4FUnBf5Mw

Shes not too thrilled on my switching from dipping to vaping. She says I should treat it as smoking and not let the kids see it or do it around them at all. She says I should just do nothing at all. I actually enjoy vaping a little more than the dipping. Ive finally gotten past the oral fixation part that I missed from dipping.

Seeing these things makes me wonder if I should just go back to dipping anyway and give up the 2 weeks I have quit and taken up vaping.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
These big advertisers stand to lose big money when tobacco users switch to vaping - fuck em. But, you should educate her and yourself

These BS studies are funded and run by shoddy "researchers" funded by big tobacco and big Pharma - who are losing millions to vaping

Then there are wackos who are just so against nicotine (ANTZ) that you can't talk to them at all about harm reduction

Dr Farsalinos in Italy is at the forefront of doing actual science-based facts on vaping

http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/

And Dr Michael Seigel - who had a long career as an anti-tobacco crusader, who has come to realize vaping is safer than smoking and now spends a lot of time debunking these alarmist "studies" that get hyped by ANTZ and others who will fail to make money if people vape instead of using tobacco

New Study Concludes that Vaping Causes Heart Attacks

There is a news section here on VU loaded with links to real scientists looking for the truth about vaping - I'll find the link for you

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What is in the news?

News under the Good is usually on research that shows vaping is actually much less harmful than tobacco

News under the Bad is usually about crappy research and articles published by real scientists debunking the crappy conclusions

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm with Lucy on this one, Fuck Em!!! Read and article not to long ago that said that vapers were getting amounts of metalic chemicals that were unsafe. Dr. Farsallinos debunked this by noting that they were using government standards that presumed constant inhalation of the metals on a daily basis, i.e. you worked at a factory that smelted nickle or something similar. He noted the study was skewed because the average vaper takes between 200 and 400 puffs a day. Hardly constant exposure. And that's only one of the various articles I've seen, most others are just as bad. The powers that be are trying hard to discredit vaping as an alternative to smoking and will grasp at anything to scare us out of it. Screw that! Unless they can come up with a VALID science based study that shows vaping is as bad or worse than smoking, I'm sticking with it!

P.S. The thing that really annoys my with this kind of shit is they never give you the HARD DATA in the articles they publish. You can look it up, but most people never do. They just read the "scary" article and react accordingly. Go figure!

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Google how much money Big Tobacco makes per year in the US. Then find how much is made by the Federal and State governments on cigarette taxes (hint: at least twice what BT makes). Then look at how much Big Pharma makes in the US because so many are sick from smoking (hint: gobs more than BT and gov't put together). Then ask yourself the question, Do these entities really want anything to cut into their revenue streams, regardless of all the political bullshit about saving people? This is the heart of the matter.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
If I would be you, I'll be spamming my wife with health concerns regarding cosmetics (sure she uses that), shampoos conditioners, shower gel/soaps, daily cleaning supplies and so on. At least you keep her busy since she seems to have such an issue with vaping, without actually doing the research on it. I'm pretty sure her daily items she uses are more harmful than you vaping around the house. She should be proud and happy you got off the dip or at least trying to make changes. I would say stick with that and read up for yourself, don't have your spouse direct your life.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaping is definately NOT smoking! There is no fire, and thusly, NO smoke. Plus, the disadvantages of dipping are pretty obvious. Bad for teeth gums and oral health in general. Also, the harmful chemicals that are packed into each and every tobacco product.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors