Become a Patron!

New to Building - RDA or RTA for best flavour?

Jates12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As the title of the thread reads im new to the world of rebuildables, im looking for the best flavour I can with also decent clouds. Im currently vaping on a Smok TC80 with a Uwell Crown 2 and the flavour is good but I want to get more. What would you guys recommend in RDAs or RTAs and pretty basic builds?

Cheers in Advance,
Jates

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Without going into details or suggesting specific models, RTAs/RDTAs are more convenient, while RDAs offer superior performance either for flavor or vapor (depending on the RDA, build, wattage and airflow).

If you don't mind the dripping then RDA is better.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As the title of the thread reads im new to the world of rebuildables, im looking for the best flavour I can with also decent clouds. Im currently vaping on a Smok TC80 with a Uwell Crown 2 and the flavour is good but I want to get more. What would you guys recommend in RDAs or RTAs and pretty basic builds?

Cheers in Advance,
Jates
The best flavor RDA I've used has been the hadlay or NaRda.
For RTA, best flavor with the newest crop I would say kayfun5 or serpent mini.
If you are looking rdta I would go with the avocados for flavor.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple RDA's that are reasonably priced and easy to build on with great flavor are the 528 Custom Vapes Goon and the Advken Mad Hatter V2. I buy premade coils, pop 'em in and wick them. They would work great on your TC 80.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Cheers in Advance,
Jates
shit just realized i never recommended one lol
for flavor and ease of use the pharaoh
other good options
hatty
tsunami (22 or 24)
gear

all have bottom airflow. For best flavor you really want bottom airflow

AJBclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUTATION X V4 or 5 RDA for flavor. Or another RDA obviously the Goon is super popular at the moment too. Myself personally, RDA's are for dripping aka flavor / the RDTA is also a build like the RDA but with the convenience of a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jates12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all your replies, I like the ability to hold juice and at the moment Dripping seems like a bit of a ball ache (im sure ill get past this at some point). I have been looking at the GeekVape Ammit and Griffin 25+. Anyone have any experience of those? The serpent mini and Merlin mini have also caught my eye.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
MUTATION X V4 or 5 RDA for flavor. Or another RDA obviously the Goon is super popular at the moment too. Myself personally, RDA's are for dripping aka flavor / the RDTA is also a build like the RDA but with the convenience of a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MutX is primarily a cloud atomizer, but decent flavor if you close off the additional 18 air holes.

Kennedy and Tsunami are very nice for flavor though. (RDAs), but alot has to do with type and size of coil and coil position. You want the coil RIGHT over your air flow, and for flavor, twistier coils, such as claptons or zipper coils.

My favorite tank is actually a MutX V4, but I like clouds. lol. More important, my wife likes looking at them (and playing in them.. but god help me if she finds out I told that) , so it kind of includes her in my vaping without her actually vaping. (she never smoked or vaped)

PS.. A single core clapton is a pretty easy, basic, flavor coil. They take just a little practice, but they are the 3rd step in building coils. (simple, parallel, single core clapton, dual core clapton)

VU Sponsors