Become a Patron!

New to DIY

Heli195

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi pleased to me you all. I'm rob I've been tobacco free since the 1st of January and started diy a couple of weeks ago. I have about 15 FA flavours and was trying HIC recommended percentages but every thing was really muted. I have found 2 recipes that I have made that taste good to me listed below to give you an idea of where the strength I need is. I was looking for any advice for similar fruit flavours and how to give these a menthol kick. I've tried menthol artic but too soft and have just ordered some extreme ice.
I started really low on percentages and worked up to where I am now. All of my juices are 65/35 vg/pg.
Raspberry 6%
Lemon sicily 6%
Meringue 2%
This is the first one that tasted like I wanted it to.
VA Pimms 9%
Lemon sicily 6%
Tastes like a gin and tonic to me.
Any help would be much appreciated. I seem to like fruit, drinks and fruit menthol.
Not sure if I need strong flavours cos my taste buds are shot lol.
Thanks in advance for any help. I can list the flavours I have if that's any use and I am willing to make a new order at FA to get more flavours to stop me giving up on the diy.
I make samples of 3ml and leave for 2_3 days before I try them.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If they taste good to you at higher %, no worries there. Your taste buds are likely still waking back up. For me, it took just a little time, then I started reducing the amount I was using. These days, I'm able to mix recipes, as written, some I even reduce a bit. Even if you find that your require higher % later on, everything we post here, is what works for us individually.

Vape what's good to you :)

Welcome to the forum, too!

Heli195

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the info. Just need to work out what goes well together. Have just ordered some jamaica rhum and some cola from FA so just need to find a recipe for rum n coke.
I presume all the recipes should be the right mixtures I might just need to increase the percentages across the board.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can list the flavours I have if that's any use and I am willing to make a new order at FA to get more flavours to stop me giving up on the diy.

Welcome to VU and the Wonderful world of DIY !

You may wish to consider taking the advice in Post #2 Here:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ejuice-search-program.197589/

Doing so may not only help with the flavors you now have, but also with those perspective ones too...

Ron
---
" Well, you can't sit on a couch twenty hours a day and not learn something."- Peggy Bundy

Heli195

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I have an account there just in the process of learning how to find recipes that I want lol. Really want a rum n coke. I have rum and coke but it needs something else just no idea what. I guess that be where the skill is.
I can dedicate the rest of my life to it lol

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really want a rum n coke. I have rum and coke but it needs something else just no idea what.

For more of a boozy sensation, you may wish to add 1% FA Brandy. That's the "something else" for me.

Ron
---
“Birds scream at the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage every morning at daybreak to warn us all of the truth, but sadly we don't speak bird.” ― Kurt Cobain

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I have an account there just in the process of learning how to find recipes that I want lol. Really want a rum n coke. I have rum and coke but it needs something else just no idea what. I guess that be where the skill is.
I can dedicate the rest of my life to it lol
Try a touch of Lime :)

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love rum and coke and the TFA Jamaican Rum with FA Cola was great. But i found there were some nasties in the TFA rum and switched to FA Jamaican..nowhere near as good as the TFA version, in fact its pretty lame in my opinion in comparison. But TFA now has a nasty free version DX Jamaican Rum. Cant get any info yet if its the same as the original as im yet to order some to find out. But the original rocked with Cola and especially TFA RY4D. Cheers.

VU Sponsors