Become a Patron!

New to Mech Mods!

Hi all, first post on here.

I've been vaping for a few months using a limitless RDTA and thought I'd go down the mechanical route.

I treated myself to a genuine full limitless setup:
http://www.vapor-hub.com/product/matte-gray-full-limitless-set-script-logo/

I've set it up with a premade quad coil 0.36 ohm setup but just not getting a kick off of it like I'm used to, I'm assuming I'm not using the right battery (Samsung 1NR18650-25R) but what battery should I use?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi all, first post on here.

I've been vaping for a few months using a limitless RDTA and thought I'd go down the mechanical route.

I treated myself to a genuine full limitless setup:
http://www.vapor-hub.com/product/matte-gray-full-limitless-set-script-logo/

I've set it up with a premade quad coil 0.36 ohm setup but just not getting a kick off of it like I'm used to, I'm assuming I'm not using the right battery (Samsung 1NR18650-25R) but what battery should I use?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
battery is fine. it's a 20 amp battery. you can build as low as .21 with that battery. I'd saying going to a dual parallel coil with a few less wraps should sit out around .25-.3ish and give you a better ramp up and vape
Get some sony vtc5a batteries
won't make a difference in his build at all. he's only pulling about 11 amps with his set up as is and 49 watts. it's not enough power to heat up his build. nothing to do with the battery
It's not the battery, its the build. You need a lower resistance build.

this^

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your build will only put out 50w on a fully charged battery.

0.25 ohms (70w) is probably as low as you wanna build with that battery. Could go down to 0.2 ohms (88w) with the vtc5a. Or down to like 0.17 ohms (110w) with a hb6 battery.

These suggestions leave headroom on your amp draw for a safer vape. Some people will build crazy low and exceed their continuous amp rating on their battery. Don't be one of those people. You could build a hair lower than my suggestions per each battery and still be in the green, but I do not feel comfortable pushing the limits of amp draw.

Check out steam-engine.org for coil build specs and amp draw. Awesome tool.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had the same problem with my mech. I wasn't getting the hits I was used to with my regulated mod.

I also use a single Samsung 25r. The best build I could come up with now is a single coil 24g parallel. 4 wraps, 3mm. Came out to .21.

Unless you can build claptons, I don't think there's much else you could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbro84

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your build will only put out 50w on a fully charged battery.

0.25 ohms (70w) is probably as low as you wanna build with that battery. Could go down to 0.2 ohms (88w) with the vtc5a. Or down to like 0.17 ohms (110w) with a hb6 battery.

These suggestions leave headroom on your amp draw for a safer vape. Some people will build crazy low and exceed their continuous amp rating on their battery. Don't be one of those people. You could build a hair lower than my suggestions per each battery and still be in the green, but I do not feel comfortable pushing the limits of amp draw.

Check out steam-engine.org for coil build specs and amp draw. Awesome tool.
cool thanks good info

plastic-ashtray

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get some LG HB2's or HB4's or HB6's. Basically identical batteries at 30 amps.
Do 5 wraps with 22 gauge wire which will put you at 0.16 and pulling 26 amps. I've been doing this exclusively in my Kennedy Ruby since I got it a couple weeks ago.

VU Sponsors