Become a Patron!

New to mods, just got a SMPL, need some info

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ordered a a velocity rda with a SMPL mod (http://www.ebay.com/itm/361434984251) on ebay.

I normally use a IPVII with a Sapor or Kanger nano tank, so this mod is a new game for me. I don't know shit about mods.

I read that I can't use the Kanger nano tank on the SMPL, so I'm looking for a new tank for the SMPL. Anyone have any suggestions? I heard UWELL Crown tank is a solid choice but idk if it has a adjustable center pin atomizer with a long 510 threading.

Also with a SMPL mod, how much wattage is used? With my IPVII i know it goes from 7-70watts, I can't find the wattage on SMPL anywhere.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a mechanical mod. Do not use a tank on it. It's designed for RDA use, with long center pins. Wattage is determined by your coil build only, since it runs straight off battery voltage.

Last edited:

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Battery draw is determined by coil resistance, that's why it's called a mechanical mod.

The positive pin on Crown tanks just barely sticks out, about a sheet of paper thickness, from the rest of the pin. Lots of tanks are like this, some don't even stick out at all. Sketchy for a straight to battery connection.

With the SMPL and other mods that connect the atomizer straight to the battery, you MUST ensure that the only part of the atomizer that touches the battery is the positive part of the pin. If you don't, it will cause an instant hard short.

The battery doesn't care if the atomizer is a tank or a dripper, but, the positive MUST stick out enough to be the only connection to the battery.

With the SMPL:

1. ensure that the positive pin on the atomizer protrudes and will not push into the stem

2. screw on atomizer

3. insert battery

4. screw on firing button

Basically, do not insert battery and then attach atomizer.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered a a velocity rda with a SMPL mod (http://www.ebay.com/itm/361434984251) on ebay.

I normally use a IPVII with a Sapor or Kanger nano tank, so this mod is a new game for me. I don't know shit about mods.

I read that I can't use the Kanger nano tank on the SMPL, so I'm looking for a new tank for the SMPL. Anyone have any suggestions? I heard UWELL Crown tank is a solid choice but idk if it has a adjustable center pin atomizer with a long 510 threading.

Also with a SMPL mod, how much wattage is used? With my IPVII i know it goes from 7-70watts, I can't find the wattage on SMPL anywhere.
You'll blow your face off with that

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No offense man, but if you dont know how wattage works on a SMPL (or any mech mod), you dont need to be using it yet. Before you get it in your hands go do a lot of reading about how to properly and safely use a mech mod, how to use Ohms Law for vaping purposes, and about battery safety. Otherwise we might be reading about you blowing your face apart. Mech mods like the SMPL can turn into a short fused pipe bomb if you use it improperly. Good luck man.

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
..that's why I'm posting here and figuring it out.

I want a common mechanical mod so I can try my ejuice out on different set-ups.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
..that's why I'm posting here and figuring it out.

I want a common mechanical mod so I can try my ejuice out on different set-ups.
how you think a common or any mechanical mod would change you trying out Ejuice is beyond me.. the bottom line is .. Until you learn about Ohm's law and invest the time to learn all that is needed on making coils etc.. you are best to stay with a Variable Wattage device... any regulated mod is fine and you can test your juice out till the end of time

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And with all the high powered regulated mods out there that can go 200 watts, I personally dont see the allure of using a mechanical mod. I guess at one point they served a real and practical purpose, letting people tap into larger amount of power than they could get with other devices, but now you can get all the power you could ever need in a package that has built in protection for the various things that can go wrong. But, what the hell do I know, I could be totally wrong.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks appreciate the info. Are there any tanks that will work with SMPL?

I'm not knowledgeable enough to recommend a specific one. The Crown may work, or it may be too close for comfort, I do not know.

If you search around through some threads you may find some tanks that folks are using on their straight to battery mech mods, I think I've seen a few, don't remember where. Bottom line is the atomizer needs to have a protruding positive. Now, how much it needs to protrude to be safe, I do not know.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And with all the high powered regulated mods out there that can go 200 watts, I personally dont see the allure of using a mechanical mod. I guess at one point they served a real and practical purpose, letting people tap into larger amount of power than they could get with other devices, but now you can get all the power you could ever need in a package that has built in protection for the various things that can go wrong. But, what the hell do I know, I could be totally wrong.
There was a time when using a Mech mod was the only way for some to sub ohm period thank god that time is over and all 20+ of mine sit around except for the one the dog has used as a chew toy for months

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is exactly why I am hesitant to offer ANY help with mechs until I am sure the person has taken the REQUIRED time to learn the basics.

If they can't be bothered, then let them blow their face off, without my assistance.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Best luck I've had is with my Bellus on my parallel mod.

But BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER

1. Watch many YouTube videos on proper building for Mechanical Mod's.
2. Good batteries like Samsung, Sony, never any crap batteries from eFest or the like.
3. Build well within the limit of the batteries
4. Know Ohms Law
5. Keep your mod clean and well maintained, this also goes for the batteries

I really enjoy the simple purity of them, but you need to know what you're doing. Plus you need to properly maintain them.

Before I jumped down this rabbit hole I watched a lot of videos and asked a lot of questions to be prepared.

Here's a very good video to start you on

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There is not a subohm tank on the market that I am aware of that can run on that mod safely; or any hybrid mod. Mech mods are born from people like myself and others, who started when you didn't have many choices available. I use mine still for nostalgia and the beauty of it's simplicity.

HOWEVER:
They get used rarely now; because, of how well the regulated mods deliver. In all honesty, there is no reason for a new vapor to get a mechanical mod. quite honestly, the best thing you can do is invest in a good, inexpensive high regulated mod and tank, while you are learning about ohms law, battery safety, build safety and how to safely operate a mechanical mod. If you want power there are ample high power mods out there that can be found for 40-50$.
By all means keep using the ipv for now, and learn how to operate and vape safely before you get hurt trying to use the mechanical.

I do; however, congratulate you on switching to vaping and coming to ask questions before something happened.

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was a time when using a Mech mod was the only way for some to sub ohm period thank god that time is over and all 20+ of mine sit around except for the one the dog has used as a chew toy for months

I like variable wattage too much to do mechs. The only reason Id get a mech is to get one of the tiny little mech mods for a super small pocket vape.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
are any of them authentics and do you want to sell any of them....persoanlly I can find no reason to use a robomod.

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
how you think a common or any mechanical mod would change you trying out Ejuice is beyond me.. the bottom line is .. Until you learn about Ohm's law and invest the time to learn all that is needed on making coils etc.. you are best to stay with a Variable Wattage device... any regulated mod is fine and you can test your juice out till the end of time

Because my IPVII is only solid until 70watts. I've never vaped anything over it. The SMPL mod is like $10 bucks, vs. buying a 200watt box for $60. Plus the monster size doesn't appeal to me or my pockets. SMPL has an aesthetically clean design that I like.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A $60 box is not a bomb waiting to happen, like ANY mech can be. So you saved 50 bucks. I'm glad your face and teeth, have such a low value to you.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A $60 box is not a bomb waiting to happen, like ANY mech can be. So you saved 50 bucks. I'm glad your face and teeth, have such a low value to you.
the vast majority of vaping has been done on mech mods.....saying they are bombs waiting to happen is nonsense...the same people tearing rip tripper a new one for his video saying he is fear mongering vaping, are the same ones fear mongering mech mods. a butter knife is a bomb waiting to happen when it is in the hands of a moron.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That $10 SMPL also uses a hybrid top cap.. Make damn sure your attys have a protruding pin..And you should have a basic understanding of ohms law, and how it pertains to battery safety and the resistance of your builds..vape safe

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
the vast majority of vaping has been done on mech mods.....saying they are bombs waiting to happen is nonsense...the same people tearing rip tripper a new one for his video saying he is fear mongering vaping, are the same ones fear mongering mech mods. a butter knife is a bomb waiting to happen when it is in the hands of a moron.
Have you read this thread?
Because we have a newbie that buys a hybrid, that knows ZERO about mechs.

Mechs are dangerous to ANYONE who is so fucking lazy, they don't take the time to learn the basics. This is a classic Darwin thread.

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i'm learning the basics right now, jesus.

Didn't think i'd meet so much resistance.

get it, resistance? vape pun.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you read this thread?
Because we have a newbie that buys a hybrid, that knows ZERO about mechs.

Mechs are dangerous to ANYONE who is so fucking lazy, they don't take the time to learn the basics. This is a classic Darwin thread.
yeah I read the thread, but demonizing mods that have been proven to be safe is just bullshit...trying to protect stupid fucks from themselves at the price of demonizing mechs is no justification...yeah tell them to leave mechs the fuck alone until they understand them,tell them not to build below.4 ohms until they understand them, tell them to buy quality batteries, and understand what kind of batteries to buy,tell them not to put their fucking Mc nugget tanks on any mech, but don't tell them mechs are bombs waitng to happen, because it isn't true.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah?
If you're just learning why have you chosen a dangerous mod with a hybrid top cap to learn on? Ignorance? Because it was cheap? All of us here are just trying to help you not blow your face off. You call it resistance (pun), we can call it stupidity on your part. Just sayin

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

yeah back in the day we all had to learn the basics to stay safe,back then most people did not cloud chase and their was a cushion of saftey, but if you are building coils that are low sub ohm it is absolutely imperative you have a solid understanding of what you are doing...there is no shortcut about this....if you want to blow big clouds or just vape at all you have to learn it...if you don't leave mechs the fuck alone and be satisfied with your Mc nugget tanks and regulated devices while you learn how to vape on a mech.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yeah, I get the joke.

Unfortunately, vaping with a mech is NO joke. Sure. some of us seem like dicks. You know how many twats come here asking completely stupid questions because they are too fucking lazy to learn about mechs?
You know how many come here to get their "problem" fixed, that wouldn't be a problem if they knew anything about mechs?

Mechs are SERIOUS shit. It's 99.99% likely ANY explosion event, it's a mech and a complete dumbass meeting. Every event, is USER error.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
after vaping on mechs for over 3 years I never owned a hybrid until recently...I personally went out and added non conductive washers so that the battery and tube never touch, and so that it is impossible to fire the mod unless the center pin is dropped well below the top cap,and well below the 510 connector also I don't use any atty that doesn't have an adjustable firing pin with my hybrid mod......but then again I don't push the envelope...I don't ever vape low sub ohms..Unfortunately we have a ton of people new to vaping whose interest is not to stop smoking, but to blow the biggest fucking cloud they can...

Last edited:

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just here to say, my mech sits around. It's a $30 dust collector. I used it for a while.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On most mech mods which include a 510 adapter you can use a tank, its the hybrid mechs that are not safe to use one on...and the SMPL is a hybrid mech. There is nothing to stop you screwing the tank in far enough to short the battery on a hybrid - only a nice sticky out +ve pin on the atomiser will give you some clearance and most if not all SubΩ tanks do not have that. If you wanna know what it will taste like on a mech just set your VV/VW mod to 3.8v and toot away, that's pretty much what you will get out of a mech mod.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These fucking sub ohm tanks are more dangerous than mech mods.....they are allowing people to normalize cloud chasing so these twats come in and start pusshing buttons to see how much power they can shove up their asses...and how big a cloud they can get.....even in the days when people started vaping below .3 we did not have these accidents...even when people started vaping on mech at below .2 we did not have these accidents, because their was no regulated mods that could do it...people were forced to know their shit to get big clouds.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On most mech mods which include a 510 adapter you can use a tank, its the hybrid mechs that are not safe to use one on...and the SMPL is a hybrid mech. There is nothing to stop you screwing the tank in far enough to short the battery on a hybrid - only a nice sticky out +ve pin on the atomiser will give you some clearance and most if not all SubΩ tanks do not have that. If you wanna know what it will taste like on a mech just set your VV/VW mod to 3.8v and toot away, that's pretty much what you will get out of a mech mod.
I particularly don't like the smpl, because it is NOT a hybrid top cap you cant't pop off the top cap and inspect how far down your pin is and if it clears the 510 connection,,,because you can't remove the top cap you're just peering down the tube and it's hard to see.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
now to piss some peeps off........

i use a Kanger Sub Tank Mini on my SMPL. i have done as such from day one with my mech. simple, compact, leak proof, and always ready to go. it is my daily pocket puffer. i also use this set-up, well as a set-up for a chance to educate the *you'll blow your face off* crowd. for the most part, this seems to be some dumb twit working behind the counter at a vape shop.

if you do ALL the required safety checks (batteries, coils, pins, etc), you WILL be fine. http://www.steam-engine.org/batt.asp is a tinkering vapers best friend.

as for the, "you'll blow your face off" crowd........ education is the key. we deal with enough hysteria from outside of our community, please don't add to it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
how is it safe to run the subtank on a hybrid? ive been wrong before, so this wouldn't be the first time.

i use a Sub Tank Mini on my SMPL. i have done as such from day one with my mech. simple, compact, leak proof, and always ready to go. it is my daily pocket puffer. i also use this set-up, well as a set-up for a chance to educate the *you'll blow your face off* crowd. for the most part, this seems to be some dumb twit working behind the counter at a vape shop.

if you do ALL the required safety checks (batteries, coils, pins, etc), you WILL be fine. http://www.steam-engine.org/batt.asp is a tinkering vapers best friend.

as for the, "you'll blow your face off" crowd........ education is the key. we deal with enough hysteria from outside of our community, please don't add to it.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the biggest joke in my household right now is, "don't carry loose batteries in your pocket, because you'll blow your face off."

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
actually I've never heard of one of these accidnets happening to a sub ohm cloud chaser using and RDA. usually they feel the button getting to hot to handle and either switch builds or mods, or baterries.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

i use a Kanger Sub Tank Mini on my SMPL. i have done as such from day one with my mech. simple, compact, leak proof, and always ready to go. it is my daily pocket puffer. i also use this set-up, well as a set-up for a chance to educate the *you'll blow your face off* crowd. for the most part, this seems to be some dumb twit working behind the counter at a vape shop.

This is how mistakes happen. I believe I've read you've modified your sub tank so the pin sticks out. You failed to mention this in your post. Let's say yours was the last post in this thread. OP sees he/she can use the mini on the SMPL and does so. What do you think the outcome would be?

OP don't use the kanger sub mini tank. If you want to a tank you could use is the Triforce by CCI. Do your research and find out why you can use this tank. All the answers to all your questions can be found on these forums. You just have to look. Do yourself and the community a favor and understand the possible dangers of using this device before you start to use it.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is how mistakes happen. I believe I've read you've modified your sub tank so the pin sticks out. You failed to mention this in your post. Let's say yours was the last post in this thread. OP sees he/she can use the mini on the SMPL and does so. What do you think the outcome would be?

OP don't use the kanger sub mini tank. If you want to a tank you could use is the Triforce by CCI. Do your research and find out why you can use this tank. All the answers to all your questions can be found on these forums. You just have to look. Do yourself and the community a favor and understand the possible dangers of using this device before you start to use it.
Yep, that's very true
a5782ca5aea5315c67a6a1c560994547.jpg
Have been using the Arctic tank seen here on my XXIX
bcbb374d4581f2d9f1963fba9eb5c0b3.jpg
But I did file a few threads off the 510 to make the pin to protrude about 2mm seen here to work safely on the XXIX featuring the hybrid top cap..might add I've been using mechs with the hybrid top caps for years..and because I know I practice safey first its still a great vape to this day..
f8007806b99343415c843bb6f2ee353d.jpg

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how is it safe to run the subtank on a hybrid? ive been wrong before, so this wouldn't be the first time.

having a fixed protruding 510 pin is the only concern with subtanks, AS FAR IS I CAN TELL. trust me, i went over this with a fine tooth comb before i screwed the button down and hit fire.

the education for me started with the news article when the kid in Alberta *blew his face off* . http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-father-calls-for-ban-on-e-cigarettes-1.3423099 all i got from this was noise. "battery blew up","tank","blew into the mouthpiece", "modified" etc, etc, etc. all these eggs are dropped, with no facts or follow up. because i'm new to vaping, and i know how bad things getting twisted, i started to do my own research on mechs, tanks and batteries. in the end this is the conclusion that i came to with using threaded atomizers and threaded mechanical mods.

by the numbers..........
deck/510/POS(outer pin)
Velocity/.020"/.157" adjust510
Kennedy/.018"/.160" fixed510
Phenotype-L/.021/.159" adjust510
SMT/.019"/.176" fixed510

as long a properly insulated 510 pin is protruding from device A; device B is happy to have device A's of all types screwed it. RBA's, RTA's, RTA's with RBA's everyone can have a turn. as long as the batteries and coils have had an intimate conversation before hand about boundaries and limitations, B could care less about device A other then 'the tip'.

PSA: "IF YOU CAN SEE THE TIP, IT'S OK TO DRIP"

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
having a fixed protruding 510 pin is the only concern with subtanks, AS FAR IS I CAN TELL. trust me, i went over this with a fine tooth comb before i screwed the button down and hit fire.

the education for me started with the news article when the kid in Alberta *blew his face off* . http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-father-calls-for-ban-on-e-cigarettes-1.3423099 all i got from this was noise. "battery blew up","tank","blew into the mouthpiece", "modified" etc, etc, etc. all these eggs are dropped, with no facts or follow up. because i'm new to vaping, and i know how bad things getting twisted, i started to do my own research on mechs, tanks and batteries. in the end this is the conclusion that i came to with using threaded atomizers and threaded mechanical mods.

by the numbers..........
deck/510/POS(outer pin)
SMT/.019"/.176" fixed510

as long a properly insulated 510 pin is protruding from device A; device B is happy to have device A's of all types screwed it. RBA's, RTA's, RTA's with RBA's everyone can have a turn. as long as the batteries and coils have had an intimate conversation before hand about boundaries and limitations, B could care less about device A other then 'the tip'.

Exactly! Really simple too

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

by the numbers..........
deck/510/POS(outer pin)
SMT/.019"/.176" fixed510

dude, thank you for posting that and and I agree with your points. However, the subtank mini, out of the box is not safe for a hybrid. To blindly tells someone new to the mech world that it is without your follow up post, is simply irresponsible.

as vets our first responsibility is to make sure that we give the information to keep the new vapors safe

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is how mistakes happen. I believe I've read you've modified your sub tank so the pin sticks out.
if your going to quote me on something like that, in a thread like this, you'd better damn well provide that quote. :mad:

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dude, thank you for posting that and and I agree with your points. However, the subtank mini, out of the box is not safe for a hybrid. To blindly tells someone new to the mech world that it is without your follow up post, is simply irresponsible.

as vets our first responsibility is to make sure that we give the information to keep the new vapors safe
you check the pin on any new antie, and it's a go no go from there.

what have i missed???

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yuo check the pin. it's a go no go from there.

what have i missed???
without some sort of alteration to the 510 it is not safe. every one I have looked at(many of them at the shop) the pin does not extend quite far enough for it to be safe 100% of the time. Should the 510 go in on angle, crossthread, or the battery not quite be snug enough -or too snug (indent) it can hardshort or arc.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fear of dead short or high voltage arcing?
The pin on the Arctic was flat, a sure thing for a dead short on a hybrid..
So I simply pushed out the pin, screwed a upside down hybrid cap on the 510 and filed off a few threads, then cleaned up the threads by simply unscewring the upside down top cap...now the pin protrudes far enough use without worrying about a dead short.... Simple and safe..least it has been for me vaping it for over a year now this way....

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find it upsetting, and downright stupid, at some of the attitudes displayed as of late, to the attitude about mechs.

Mechs are ABSOLUTELY dangerous, left in the hands of the "too lazy to learn" and those who refuse to take the harm factor seriously.

Cry me a river when government steps in and bans sales of them. Tell me how government is again, over stepping it's bounds.

I try to help people where I can. There was a time not so long ago, that vapers took this shit seriously. Now, who gives a fuck, right? Just vape that shit.....

I guess the winds changed direction, so safety can go fuck itself...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find it upsetting, and downright stupid, at some of the attitudes displayed as of late, to the attitude about mechs.

Mechs are ABSOLUTELY dangerous, left in the hands of the "too lazy to learn" and those who refuse to take the harm factor seriously.

Cry me a river when government steps in and bans sales of them. Tell me how government is again, over stepping it's bounds.

I try to help people where I can. There was a time not so long ago, that vapers took this shit seriously. Now, who gives a fuck, right? Just vape that shit.....

it's a new generation of vapers nursed on .2 coils you screw into a deck,and pressing a button for more power...the move has gone to convinience, and I think alot of the new vapers equate their mc nugget tanks with a RBA....also they have accepted that vaping is clouding up their grandmother's living room.they are not smokers trying to kick....they are kids trying to look cool.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i run a .5 ohm Clapton in my STM on my SMPL all day long. i've been doing that for 2-3 weeks now.
i run builds from .5-.1 in my RDA's for my IPV4.

all of my builds are checked for resistance before firing. all batteries are treated with respect in regards to heating and voltage drop.

this: http://www.steam-engine.org/ , the willingness to ask questions and learn, and just generally having a sense of awareness, is all that is needed to enjoy vaping with mechs. failing to do any of these three surly will lead to blowing your face off.

in conclusion for the OP:
read like.... the first 2 pages from each of these two sub-forums:
http://vapingunderground.com/forums/unregulated-mechanical-mods.406/
http://vapingunderground.com/forums/battery-junkies.402/

understand how to use this site:
http://www.steam-engine.org/

and understand the meaning of this cartoon:
ohms-law-illustrated.png
and you'll be golden.

if you have any questions after that, you can send me a PM.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

the first part of learning is ask a question which the OP has. hopefully the OP has been given enough info to stop and rethink their plan of action and learn some more.

damn near everything that is around us and is a part of our daily lives is dangerous. it is education and understanding make it safe. vaping with mechs is no different.

as far as, *safety can go fuck itself*...........

'saftey' doesn't argue with straw men. 'safety' is going to go work on his comp coil.

OUT

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I cant help but see those of us whom have "been there done that," as having the responsibility to give out lessons and information to those who are looking to. The off the shelf tanks and high power mods, certainly have their place, they offer an optimum vape experience with the convenience and consistency that some of us could only have dreamed of not that long ago. They also make the necessity for a tube mech to be non-exhistant; But, they are nice, certainly enjoyable and offer an experience that for some cant replicated.

That said, those looking to play in the mech world, have to be willing to learn, research and ask questions- you need a lot of working knowledge to use them properly. W, hen they ask we owe it to them to take the opportunity to educate the ones that are honestly looking. However, we have to educate them with good accurate and compete information. Just like they can't half ass it with a mechanical , we cant half ass it when giving them information on using a mechanical.

With the amount of headlines that run across the screen based on mechcidents, its clear that some inexcusable safety issues by some are being grossly overlooked

kicking the bambino on my stxti today in fact.
WP_20160304_11_23_39_Pro_LI_zpsdmvgnnga.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors