Become a Patron!

New to RBAs, what can I get out of this thing?

Peter Shukin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Waiting for a fogger 4.1, got some 28g kanthal, and planning to use cotton for wicking. Currently only have Vamo V5s, so 15 watts max. It'll go as low as 1.2 ohm, but that's pushing it, I'm thinking around 1.5 ohm. Will I be able to get any vapor out of this? Was going to do dual coils. I am going to get an IPV V2 next, but for now I have to push my Vamos....

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my experience, to get the most out of a sub-15W device with high ohm coils, you either use a single coil atty with a small chamber, or *some* dual coil attys with small chambers, wide air holes, and with carefully-wicked, thin gauge wire coils.

After much experimenting, I use the following coils/wicks with my E-LVT (same as your Vamo: 15W max and no sub-ohming):

- Single coil: 32 gauge Kanthal, 5.5 turn coil over 3mm silica rope (or wound over a 2.5mm bit and wicked with your favorite non-silica wicking material). Resistance: about 1.8 ohm.

- Dual coil: 34 gauge Kanthal, 7.5 turn coils over 2.5mm silica rope (wicking with cotton afterward is tricky because the coils are fragile and tend to break at the posts when any effort is applied to them). Resistance: about 1.6 ohm.

Vapor production is good, flavor even better :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Waiting for a fogger 4.1, got some 28g kanthal, and planning to use cotton for wicking. Currently only have Vamo V5s, so 15 watts max. It'll go as low as 1.2 ohm, but that's pushing it, I'm thinking around 1.5 ohm. Will I be able to get any vapor out of this? Was going to do dual coils. I am going to get an IPV V2 next, but for now I have to push my Vamos....

Absolutely you can get vapor out of it , thats actually my preferred range for dripper's and vaping in general . I don't care as much about vapor production but i do care about the best possible taste and the ranges you described gets it done for me.

Peter Shukin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys, good info. I actually do have some 34g wire coming as well, I want to rebuild kanger coils too. Once I dive into something, I tend to go whole hog. I have a lot of experimenting to do.... 2 litres of nic base and over 30 flavors to mix and try! Oh, and I have an E-lvt too, the chip went wonky within 2 months, and now I just use it as a battery charger.....

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's too bad. My two E-LVTs are still going strong - and one even suffered water ingress for a whole week.

VU Sponsors