Become a Patron!

New to RBA's

Hi new member here,

so i started vaping on rebuildables about 3 weeks ago, i bought an iJoy Limitless XL and I really like il, but I can't seem to get good flavor out of it. I'm used a 26ga kanthal dual parallel build around 0.45 ohms at 60W. So far I just don't like the flavor I'm getting out of it. Is it because the atomizer? my build? e-juice? I don´t know.

Also, I don't think it's the e-juice, cause I used to vape on a eGo AIO before that and I liked the flavor better.

I've tried from 40-80W, but below 60W vapor seems way too cool for my liking, and above 70W I sometimes get a burned taste out of it

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard...:vino:

Do you have large coils in the atty?....like 3mm +...?

The bigger the coil the more wick you can stuff, more wick = more juice vaporizing, = more flavor.

I use exactly 3mm to build my coils. Also I have single coil base and dual coil base, so which one would you recommend me to get better flavor? I really don't care that much about clouds, I'm more of a flavor chaser. Any builds you could recommend?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use exactly 3mm to build my coils. Also I have single coil base and dual coil base, so which one would you recommend me to get better flavor? I really don't care that much about clouds, I'm more of a flavor chaser. Any builds you could recommend?
Dual coil, Rick.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use 4 mm dual coils stuffed with rayon, puts out lots of flavor.

Maybe getting a bit of subject, but what's the difference between dual and single coils? When do I want to use each one?

Sorry, but pretty new to rebuildables and really no one I can ask all my doubts.

Chris80

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Single or dual, IMO, is really just a matter of preference. Single coil is going to save you on battery usage due to dropping your wattage. Your juice will last longer. Some people swear that single coils give better flavor, and dual coils are more for clouds. To me, more coil, more flavor. Its all in what works for you.

I prefer dual coils at higher wattage. I like a warm/hot vape. I burn through the batteries and juice a lot faster though.

As far as the burnt taste at higher wattage, you may need to play with your wicking some. If your coils are too packed with cotton, you won't wick effectively. Just keep at it, watch videos online for wicking and you'll get what works for you.

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
1. iJoy Limitless is not an RBA - it's RTA. If you really want to get some flavor - get RBA where vapor doesn't not travel through chimney thus losing flavor. Bottom airflow RBAs are preferable (Tsunami or Lynx) even though I'm getting a great flavor on Goon and Troll v2 as well.
2. Try clapton coils - flavor on claptons beat flavor on regular wires by a mile.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. iJoy Limitless is not an RBA - it's RTA. If you really want to get some flavor - get RBA where vapor doesn't not travel through chimney thus losing flavor. Bottom airflow RBAs are preferable (Tsunami or Lynx) even though I'm getting a great flavor on Goon and Troll v2 as well.
2. Try clapton coils - flavor on claptons beat flavor on regular wires by a mile.

Some refer to RBA as a tank with replaceable heads and an optional Rebuildable head, not an RTA or RDA.
The second meaning of RBA is Rebuildable atomizer.
By the first definition the Limitless XL is an RBA and the Tsunami is an RDA.
By the second definition they are both RBA.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi new member here,

so i started vaping on rebuildables about 3 weeks ago, i bought an iJoy Limitless XL and I really like il, but I can't seem to get good flavor out of it. I'm used a 26ga kanthal dual parallel build around 0.45 ohms at 60W. So far I just don't like the flavor I'm getting out of it. Is it because the atomizer? my build? e-juice? I don´t know.

Also, I don't think it's the e-juice, cause I used to vape on a eGo AIO before that and I liked the flavor better.
Try using as large an ID Core as you can. You get more juice. Also, I like using something like a 3 wire parallel build with high gauge stainless steel. I am getting 6 wraps at 3.0 ID core on an RBA Mini. That is like 21 wraps total. It is a hard build to manage, but maybe giving it just a couple twists will help. Maybe like 1 or 2 twists per inch, just to make it easier to wrap.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Maybe getting a bit of subject, but what's the difference between dual and single coils? When do I want to use each one?

Sorry, but pretty new to rebuildables and really no one I can ask all my doubts.
dual coils halve your resistance and give you more wraps per ohm. More wraps = more vapor. If you are interested in building for flavor, invest in some 32gauge or higher (32 for beginners) stainless steel, and wrap that around your single or 2 wire parallel coil wire. The SS traps more juice and heats slower than the inner wire, kind of like a 2 stage burn. Making claptons takes some practice and a lot of wire. I buy my SS by the 100 foot spool. I like kidneypuncher for wire.

Use single when space is limited. Dual when you have space to use them. Power also limits single or dual coil.

VU Sponsors