Become a Patron!

New to RDA building... Good Velocity build?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I am not necessarily new to rebuilding since I've been rebuilding clearos for almost a year, but I am new to RDAs. I just ordered a Velocity clone from FT and just want any tips you may have to give.

The only mod I have is an Ijust 2 kit, so I will be using that battery. The only information I can find about it is that it can handle down to about 0.15 ohms, and that the wattage varies between about 30-80 watts depending on the resistance of the atomizer.

So given that information, what is the best build for me? I think I'd be aiming between .25 and .35 ohms because I like the .3 ohm heads for the ijust2 tank. I am also a flavor chaser. It's nice to see clouds, but I care about flavor a lot more.

All I have right now is 32 and 30 gauge wire. Can I use that? I know that 26 and 28 are more common.
I also need a few tips on putting the cotton in. I used to rebuild my Egrip RBA, and I always had leaking issues and very quick burnt taste coming on after a new build no matter how well I saturated it with PG juice and how I placed the cotton. That is what deterred me from ever getting an RDA, because I spent almost a year building clearos and RBAs and still got terrible results. I want to do this RDA right so that my builds don't leak and so they last more than half a day before tasting burnt.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On your mod you'll be pushing the limit with a build lower .3ohm. I'd aim for that. Your wire isn't great for this build, but you could twist 3 strands in a power drill for more metal mass to get the ohms down. For lower builds, 24g would be great to work with but you'll need a beefier mod.

You could do triple twisted 30g at 3mm at 7 wraps to get around .5 ohm on a dual coil build. (1ohm/coil).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On your mod you'll be pushing the limit with a build lower .3ohm. I'd aim for that. Your wire isn't great for this build, but you could twist 3 strands in a power drill for more metal mass to get the ohms down. For lower builds, 24g would be great to work with but you'll need a beefier mod.

You could do triple twisted 30g at 3mm at 7 wraps to get around .5 ohm on a dual coil build. (1ohm/coil).

I don't intend to go lower than .3 anyways because the .3 heads on my tank are plenty satisfying. It sounds like it's difficult to use the wire that I have, so I'll go get some more. In order to make the easiest beginner build between .3 and .5, what wire and build would you recommend?

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like 26g is gonna be good for you. It'll work for a dual coil RDA setup at around 7 or 8 wraps at 2.5 to 3mm. You can also make it work in tanks too.

VU Sponsors