Become a Patron!

New To TC, Need Help.

So I am new to Temperature Control, so if this question has been asked a million times, please forgive me.
I just trashed my 20W eleaf and got a IPV D2. I have a Kangertech Subtank, and Nickel Coils. I like a little bit warmer of a vape, and I am currently at 4mg of nicotine. It seems like I can't find a safe and comfortable Joule/Temp setting. I have tried everything that everyone suggests, but nothing suits my taste. Currently I am at 38.0 Joules and 520 degrees, is this safe? I know that burning Nickel is not good, so I don't want the temp to be too high. Any temp lower doesn't give me any feel and that's not helping with the whole quitting smoking thing. I notice that if I let the tank cool down to room temp and hold the + and - buttons down and it locks in the resistance that it seems to get better, but it goes back to not so good after a couple of vapes. I was under the impression that it you are using a Kangertech OCC NI200 Coil it should set the resistance any time you push the power button. Can anyone help? Is 520 degrees a safe temp to vape at? Should I be doing something different? Thank you all.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There is nothing your D2 can do to make nickle dangerous. Put it where ever you like it.

You set the resistance at room temp and leave it. I find the first drag seems a bit more, but it hasn't stopped working. It just hits with more power on a cold coil. After its warm it doesn't need as much. May be noticeable, but there is nothing wrong.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
520 is safe. Id suggest upping your joules as well it will bring it to temp faster. Also, only lock your resistance when the tank is at room temp. You should only need to do that once assuming you haven't changed the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.......
I was worried because I heard over 532 degrees Nickel can be dangerous. The cold coil explanation makes a lot of sense. Much appreciated.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So where ever you heard that from, don't ever take anything seriously from them again. Anything. Ever.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the D2, set the temp when everything is cold, and then leave it alone. The resistance is locked in, even if you see it change on the display (I think they may have fixed that with newer models).

As others have said, turn it up as high as you like to get the vape you want!

VU Sponsors