Become a Patron!

New to the Hall of Shame..

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
one question. why are there so many confrontational, contentious people on VU? i mean, the ones from NJ i understand....but the rest? good grief.
I'm from new Jersey so you wanna fight?

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just 45 minutes from the dreaded ($20.00 in 2008 probably $30.00 now one way ticket to get to New York on a PUBLIC road!!!) New Jersey Turnpike!
The GW is like $90 for us truckers now. Ever notice every major highway that runs through New Jersey has a toll bridge, but you only have to pay to get out of New Jersey, not in.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The GW is like $90 for us truckers now. Ever notice every major highway that runs through New Jersey has a toll bridge, but you only have to pay to get out of New Jersey, not in.
Chicago is the same.. Every major way in or out is a toll..

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Chicago is the same.. Every major way in or out is a toll..
Very similar, but with Jersey a lot of the roads aren't even toll roads. You just have to cross a bridge to get out of the state so they make it a toll bridge.

Thing I used to hate about Chicago was how they spaced their toll booths. Before they had ez pass it was a pita in a truck to stop every 10 miles and pay a toll, and those booths used to get backed up pretty badly.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mommy, mommy, he's calling me names!!!!!! Lookie, he's calling me names. Mommy? Mommy?

No one gives a fuck, pussy boy.
So now your joining our most famous tag team??? (jots name down on watch list)

tumblr_nk2o9yGld01shcj0oo1_r1_500_zpsytfirmig.gif

Last edited:

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If raving about shitty mods is a crime, Joe is guilty lol. You know how many piece of shit china mods I've got that he raved about on his deals. Not saying he is like Rip, just saying. Crappy mods are crap. They may perform for a short while and then die.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On an interesting side note to this discussion, on Rip Trippers Facebook post for the Mutation X V3 (where he cleared the air) I had left a comment asking him a question about what Kurt had said. If you go to the post and look at the replies to my comment (Steve Parry on Facebook) Kurt came in and said that Rip did not discuss money for positive reviews before doing the videos either, so I guess he misspoke in his statement when he said that Rip had "done the same thing" to him.
TT

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So now your joining our most famous tag team??? (jots name down on watch list)

tumblr_nk2o9yGld01shcj0oo1_r1_500_zpsytfirmig.gif
Oh, he's already been part of it... He's the guy running around the ring with the folding chair taking swipes.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On an interesting side note to this discussion, on Rip Trippers Facebook post for the Mutation X V3 (where he cleared the air) I had left a comment asking him a question about what Kurt had said. If you go to the post and look at the replies to my comment (Steve Parry on Facebook) Kurt came in and said that Rip did not discuss money for positive reviews before doing the videos either, so I guess he misspoke in his statement when he said that Rip had "done the same thing" to him.
TT
Thats what we were trying to tell you :D He said 'did the same thing' then clarified that to mean 'did the same thing asking for advertising money' and 'never asked for money to do a review'. It was in that reply pic you kept posting ;)

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thats what we were trying to tell you :D He said 'did the same thing' then clarified that to mean 'did the same thing asking for advertising money' and 'never asked for money to do a review'. It was in that reply pic you kept posting ;)
Actually though, it wasn't. I understood what you guys were trying to say, but that is not at all what he said in that pic. Here it is. You guys are misinterpreting what was said. Words have meaning, and the meaning of the words he said is much different than the way you are reading them.

9pQPL2k.png

By saying "he had attempted to do the same thing to me" he is saying that Rip had asked for money for positive reviews before videos were done. What you are calling a "clarification" is far from that. What he said was "nor did I claim that he tried to make me pay him for positive reviews" and "The only payment he asked for was for advertisements". Here is the definition of a payment.

A payment is the transfer of an item of value from one party (such as a person or company) to another in exchange for the provision of goods, services or both, or to fulfill a legal obligation.

There is a huge difference between stating a price for a service not yet rendered, and requesting payment. I understood that you guys were reading that as a clarification, but by the definition of the words it could not be a clarification because in the first statement, it is explicitly delineated as applying to a time before services were performed. The second statement speaks to a time where payment was requested, and hence at the point where a good or service was being exchanged.

If you asked me to review a product for you, and I said that for $200 I will guarantee you a positive review, and you decline the offer but still send me product to review, than I can't try to make you pay me for the review because you declined the offer, and obviously I wouldn't ask you for said payment because the guaranteed service was never purchased by you. If, however, I never made such an offer to you but someone else claimed that I had made the offer to them and you said "He did the same thing to me" that would be an inaccurate statement on your part. The above posted statement by Kurt is an inaccurate statement now according to the information he gave me here.

ZYLMUtg.jpg

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually though, it wasn't. I understood what you guys were trying to say, but that is not at all what he said in that pic. Here it is. You guys are misinterpreting what was said. Words have meaning, and the meaning of the words he said is much different than the way you are reading them.

9pQPL2k.png

By saying "he had attempted to do the same thing to me" he is saying that Rip had asked for money for positive reviews before videos were done. What you are calling a "clarification" is far from that. What he said was "nor did I claim that he tried to make me pay him for positive reviews" and "The only payment he asked for was for advertisements". Here is the definition of a payment.

A payment is the transfer of an item of value from one party (such as a person or company) to another in exchange for the provision of goods, services or both, or to fulfill a legal obligation.

There is a huge difference between stating a price for a service not yet rendered, and requesting payment. I understood that you guys were reading that as a clarification, but by the definition of the words it could not be a clarification because in the first statement, it is explicitly delineated as applying to a time before services were performed. The second statement speaks to a time where payment was requested, and hence at the point where a good or service was being exchanged.

If you asked me to review a product for you, and I said that for $200 I will guarantee you a positive review, and you decline the offer but still send me product to review, than I can't try to make you pay me for the review because you declined the offer, and obviously I wouldn't ask you for said payment because the guaranteed service was never purchased by you. If, however, I never made such an offer to you but someone else claimed that I had made the offer to them and you said "He did the same thing to me" that would be an inaccurate statement on your part. The above posted statement by Kurt is an inaccurate statement now according to the information he gave me here.

ZYLMUtg.jpg
Again.. Second paragraph, he makes it clear.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Again.. Second paragraph, he makes it clear.
A contradiction is never a point of clarification. Even if you read it as a point of clarification, in that context it is in contradiction to the first paragraph and thus could not be a point of clarification. I understand that you read it as a point of clarification, but grammatically it just can't be so. Thus, I read it the way it was written, which was also the only way in which the statement was not contradictory.

The point is, he has now stated unequivocally that Rip never asked him for money for positive reviews, which is a change from what he said in his previous statement. I pointed that out for those that read the statement for what it said. As I said from the beginning, I had no dog in the fight. I was simply curious to know what had actually happened. I thought that it was only fair to all parties to report this here in this thread where I was discussing this since it might change things for others who may have read the statement as it was originally written.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep 1 min into that just explains it all. I could not make it to 2 min
I felt the same way trying to watch rips latest video for pancake wicking last night.
I learned a good bit from the guy but I'm over it. the guys needs to Edited-Drug references not allowed here or something and chill out..

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I felt the same way trying to watch rips latest video for pancake wicking last night.
I learned a good bit from the guy but I'm over it. the guys needs to Edited-Drug references not allowed here or something and chill out..
No your taking my post the wrong way. I like Rip!! It's the video above that I could not take. Those to morons only wish they were as good as Rip.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The "Hall of Shame" space can be an effective tool for individual vapers to amplify their voice when they've been screwed by a vendor. But it will lose its power fast if degraded by personal vendettas or gossip.

For example: I was repeatedly ignored by a vendor in attempts to arrange a return or refund after buying a pricey but defective mod. After several months of being alternately jollied along/ignored, I emailed the vendor saying that since he didn't seem to be receiving my communications, if I did not hear from him immediately, I would write him an open letter on ECF and VU. News that a replacement item had been shipped arrived the very next day.

Vape celebrity drama is clearly very interesting to a lot of people and has some kind of place in a vaping forum. This, however, is not it.
That MO worked for me with fast tech and just mentioning the two forums got my coils shipment from another vendor shipped to me pronto.

Hey, Toots. Like your new avi. Though the guy with the tats that looks like me was cool too.
Regards,
Hazy :cool:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That MO worked for me with fast tech and just mentioning the two forums got my coils shipment from another vendor shipped to me pronto.

Hey, Toots. Like your new avi. Though the guy with the tats that looks like me was cool too.
Regards,
Hazy :cool:

As it turns out, the vendor in question seems never to have shipped my item after all--was only prompted to SAY he did after I mentioned the possibility of an open letter describing our travesty of a transaction. I waited more than three weeks--in addition to the months already gone by--to do it, but I finally did write that open letter. (See link in my signature for the gory details :rolleyes:). Now that I've had my cathartic venting session, I'm breathing out and letting go.

I like my new avi, too--thanks. It suits me much more than the hipster/biker dude with tattoos, although I do LOVE that guy... whoever he is!

most interesting vaper.jpg I'm pretty sure he is the most interesting vaper in the world :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm from Baltimore which is not to far from New Jersey.

Just 45 minutes from the dreaded ($20.00 in 2008 probably $30.00 now one way ticket to get to New York on a PUBLIC road!!!) New Jersey Turnpike.

Maybe that's where my attitude comes from?

That NJ air drifting down to Bmore and contaminating us!

Makes sense.. the jersey turnpike has some questionable air being passed around lol

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone who gets burned 'cause they bought something on the word of ONE reviewer deserves what they get. It's called due diligence, look it up...

ETA if you're looking for a moderator who's impartial- I'm available. ;)

Last edited:

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As it turns out, the vendor in question seems never to have shipped my item after all--was only prompted to SAY he did after I mentioned the possibility of an open letter describing our travesty of a transaction. I waited more than three weeks--in addition to the months already gone by--to do it, but I finally did write that open letter. (See link in my signature for the gory details :rolleyes:). Now that I've had my cathartic venting session, I'm breathing out and letting go.

I like my new avi, too--thanks. It suits me much more than the hipster/biker dude with tattoos, although I do LOVE that guy... whoever he is!

View attachment 16457 I'm pretty sure he is the most interesting vaper in the world :)

That pic is friggin hilarious! Dos Vaper.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
oh, btw, I found that guy by chance on youtube! Of course I can't remember his name now, but he's some guy in NY/NJ who makes handcrafted mods and has a couple of videos showing them. He uses like, pipe-couplings and things. And I think he is also a tattoo artist, if I remember right.

VU Sponsors