Become a Patron!

New to the Underground.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Howdy all new to the underground here. I've been a member over on ECF since Sep. 2012. I've battled with my stinky addiction since 1999. Since 2012, if I'm being honest, I've spent more time on the stinkies than vaping. I've recently started vaping again.

I live in the dessert in the SW. I enjoy motorcycles, guns, my wife, and my 2 English Mastiffs. Not necessarily in that order. :p

I've got to tell you the vaping industry has come a long way in the last 5 years. At first I spent way to much money on various different things of many different styles and none of them ever really did the trick. Recently I picked up a Target Mini by Vaporesso and have been stinky free for 3 weeks (from a 2pad habit. Started at 8mg and went to 6mg (throat hit).

It's been going well for the most part. I haven't had any cravings that I couldn't vape through so far. My one major complaint is that I pretty much chain vape and I kill the battery on my little device in about 2 hours or less (1400mah). So basically I'm tethered to an electrical outlet all day.

I remembered a couple guys I used to watch back in the day, GrimmGreen and RipTrippers on youtube. So I've been spending time over there to see what the scene is like these days. I decided to buy the iCaptain PD270. The idea being those big honkin batteries, duel 20700's, should last me (hopefully) through my shift at work. I work 10 hr shifts as a security gaurd. I bought a Sense Blazer Pro to put on top because I know I want a good capacity tank. These two things should be arriving on Monday (July 3rd).

There really is a plethora of devices, tanks, rda, rdta, etc, to choose from these days. Without buying all sorts of stuff to just try em all yourself, it can be really hard to pull the trigger on anything.

I chose the Blazer Pro because they both were talking about the flavor and vapor production. I'd like to taste my juice, Winter Wonderland from Oasis Vape, and fill my lil guard shack with a haze lol. I'm not really sure what the flavor of my juice is, I think it tastes sort of like those Junior Mint candies. I like that it's sort of like menthol because I used to smoke menthol stinkies. Also I wanted something I wouldn't have to mess with to much while at work. I just want it to vape well and taste good.

The other thing I hear gives good flavor is rda's. Haven't messed with those much. Thinking about tracking down a Goon because it seems like everyone says they are really good. Maybe something I'd enjoy while at home sitting at my desk. I've watched enough videos that I feel I would be able to build it with prebuilt coils. The only thing I haven't seen a lot of talk about is types of coils, brands, etc. So I'd definitely be open to suggestions.

Anyways, so much for a short introduction lol.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh! I guess I should add that I wound up over here on this forum because I saw GrimmGreen talking about vape awards or something and that this was supposed to be the best/most popular vape thread these days. Also, I dunno, e-cig just doesn't sound as cool as vaping underground lol.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome - great that you keep trying :wave:

Took me over 2.5 years of dual use to finally quit - been smoke free for a year and half now

Took a lot of trying and lots of gear to get here, though

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome. Congrats on dropping the stinkies.

You could always carry a spare set of batteries if you are away from a charger for a while.

Yep, this is wise.

While it seems you are trying to avoid the shinyitis trap (good on you!) it is pretty much vape suicide to not have at least one backup to your daily driver, especially if you are a chain vaper (I am also)

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The lil target mini doesn't have removable batteries. The new one that's on it's way does though. I'm hoping they will simply last until I get home. If not then another set will be in order. Maybe I should just get another set anyways. It says the device itself charges the batteries. I'm up in the air if that is good or not. I have a charger hanging around I used to use for 18650's. I'm waiting to see if the 20700's will fit or not. If not, then most likely just get a second set when I order the new charger. I found a list of chargers made by Mooch (someone that seems to have a fine reputation) that fit them.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. Mooch is the go to guy when it comes to battery info. So is Jon at Liionwholesale,

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome. Sounds like a satisfying kit you got coming your way! I'd say stick with that for awhile and experiment with juices till you know what you like and go from there. Good luck buddy! :)

Last edited:

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Excited to have my gear arrive tomorrow. Right now, having a great time poking around the forums. I've already had a bunch of questions I had answered without the need to create new posts. Seems like there is an awesome community here. Glad to be a (new) part of it!

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Excited to have my gear arrive tomorrow. Right now, having a great time poking around the forums. I've already had a bunch of questions I had answered without the need to create new posts. Seems like there is an awesome community here. Glad to be a (new) part of it!

The wait is a killer. I finally got to pick up my Smok sticks today, (they arrived at the post office corner at the local store in the boondocks friday, but the confused lil old lady at the checkout couldnt make heads or tails of her job), and it`s been 12 hrs and I only lit 2 cigs besides my vape so far today. Normal day I smoke 30 or so. Definitely a moneysaver, and a lot better air quality inside already.

VU Sponsors