Become a Patron!

New to The Vaping Underground

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I signed up for the VU as I have been reading these forums for a while. I am a member on another that will remain nameless but have heard very good things about the members over here. Looking forward to making some new friends and seeing some of my old ones.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I used the same Avatar and user name on both forums so that some of the wonderful members I met over there will be able to easily recognoze me here.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello Frenchfry1942 I recognize that Avatar and name. Have you given up on the other forum or just preparing for the mass exodus that might be on the horizon? :eek:

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi and welcome. Mass exodus, I dunno. I think whom will be more important than how many.

Frenchfry1942

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Frenchfry1942 I recognize that Avatar and name. Have you given up on the other forum or just preparing for the mass exodus that might be on the horizon? :eek:

Some heavy-handedness going on I suppose. Several have switched, its just a downer to see things. Didn't really pertain to me, but the tone from the management seemed to change suddenly. Maybe a reason, I don't know. But, I saw it, don't approve and decided to ride on.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it had more to do with certain Moderators who are on a power trip. The actions of a certain moderator made new members leave before they even had a dozen posts. There are polite and civilized ways to inform new members of an honest mistake on etiquette or forum rules then how this person did things. But that is just my humble opinion. :)

Frenchfry1942

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The word "Bluntness" is what I thought in the public forums. I don't remember who it was, so I suppose I just took it as a policy of all. Maybe it is just one.

I agree, a warning/explanation or a link to the rule would be a better way.

With the new technology. I am a touch older, a Police Officer gives just a verbal warning, they still put it into the computer system. I remember people saying they had 6-47 "warnings" and have never received a ticket. Nowadays, the Police can see how many warnings and for what violation when they review your paperwork. I doubt we get that many warnings anymore.

Anyway, a little professionalism or EQ might be involved. I really don't have anger, I still look for DIY help, help others, and get a little "old guy" silly.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I must say that the lack of professionalism was something that did strike me as being lacking. One of the moderators posted a warning about off topic and then proceeded to go completely off topic in her next post in another thread because it was her friend. Heaven forbid you criticize one of them your post gets deleted faster than you can blink. Even though I like the members and the forums are informative the shine has gone off the penny as they say.............

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello and welcome. Glad you came :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Welcome to Vu

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I signed up for the VU as I have been reading these forums for a while. I am a member on another that will remain nameless but have heard very good things about the members over here. Looking forward to making some new friends and seeing some of my old ones.
Hi Steve....welcome....many friendly folks here....!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wanted to click on the like for your response but I do not like what they did........................

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did you get banned? You're new, what could you have done?

Frenchfry1942

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A lot of familiar avatars. Seems like the holiday is keeping me away, but it is nice to see all.

Roxy, your number of posts is just like the other place; moving up fast. Don't forget to breathe. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did you get banned? You're new, what could you have done?

No I did not get banned but I am tired of the BS and the A-Holes. From day 1 a Moderator has been a total PIA. I reported him to the Founder! He deleted some of my posts containing an Acronym because he said he knows what it means so I asked if you know what it means then tell me. Nothing but crickets.

Happy Easter :cool:

VU Sponsors