Become a Patron!

New To This Game

Hello from RI
Smoked since 1976
Quit two years ago and went to vaping.
I love it and my lungs feel better than they have in many years.

I was using the iTaste MVP 3.0 pro with a Inekin Isub G tank.
My favorite juice was the Cosmic fog "Nutz"

Just switched to the top filling uwell crown 0,5 sub ohm.
Found a new favorite juice from Cold Fusion "Snake Bite"

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Good to have you here.

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello and welcome to the VU!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice and welcome.

76 hmm they were still handing out the c-rats back then that had cigs in them.
Hell a smoke and a coke was still going on in boot camp.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have any negative issues with it?

Not a one! My coils don't last long, but as I put 30mls a day through them I don't really expect any more out of them. The flavor is the best I've found in the 0.25 and 0.5 - my least favorite (surprisingly) are the Ni200 coils. I was totally hooked on tc before, but in the past few weeks I've not touched it!

Oh - wait - one minor negative: I replaced the drip tip with the ones I prefer, and they must not seal the same, because I do get liquid around the top below the drip tip. I should probably hunt for another O ring!

Not a one! My coils don't last long, but as I put 30mls a day through them I don't really expect any more out of them. The flavor is the best I've found in the 0.25 and 0.5 - my least favorite (surprisingly) are the Ni200 coils. I was totally hooked on tc before, but in the past few weeks I've not touched it!

Oh - wait - one minor negative: I replaced the drip tip with the ones I prefer, and they must not seal the same, because I do get liquid around the top below the drip tip. I should probably hunt for another O ring!
I always clean down the chimmney tube with paper towel. And now with this tank I get a black wet mix with the usual juice.
Any ideas?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always clean down the chimmney tube with paper towel. And now with this tank I get a black wet mix with the usual juice.
Any ideas?
I think the SS gets gunky fairly easily, maybe because the cotton is packed so tightly around it? I'll occasionally use either a q-tip or a tiny brush to clean out the inside of the coil, but I don't think it extends the life much.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like scorched juice or burnt cotton or carbon build up from the coils not getting enough air and burning the juice.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah,,,,,c-rats with a smoke,,,,,was it really that long ago?
I saw one in the late 90s. Bastard scared me but in a pinch I would have eaten the chow and smoked the cig.
Prolly would have tasted a damned sight better than those omelette abortions they had.

Sounds like scorched juice or burnt cotton or carbon build up from the coils not getting enough air and burning the juice.
The flavor taste great but you may be right, I only have the air flow open 1-2 clicks.
My juice is a 70-30 mix
set at 35 watts (4.22 volts)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK try it, back it down to 3.7 volts and open the airflow up one more spot.

I will admit I have been pushing my RDA to 3.8 max for a while now, the coils work amazingly well and more they just roast the cotton and juice at 100% vg.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting - I have the 0.25 coil at 75 watts (it's rated up to 120), afc fully open. But I did change the drip tip for one with a smaller bore, and I'm using 85% VG.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any ideas?
Best answer below.
This is especially true if you vape N.E.T.* or super sweet e-liquid**.

*Made from real tobacco this stuff will put a nice smile on your face if you like tobacco vapes but it will also put a hurting on any coil.

**Almost everybody has a sweet-tooth but super sweet vapes can kill your coils right quick.

Pax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I was using a Kanger subtank with TC and generally liked the vape from it although I was in the mid 500's for the temp I liked. I got a Crown and started with the .25 coil and loved the performance. I was really looking forward to using the Ni coils with TC. So, came home after buying a pack and tried to let it break in and found that the vapor production was fine the flavor was good but way too cool a vape. Went back to the .25's and now very pleased. Still use the Kanger but looks like the Crown will be in Power mode since it's my preferred tank..

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using a Kanger subtank with TC and generally liked the vape from it although I was in the mid 500's for the temp I liked. I got a Crown and started with the .25 coil and loved the performance. I was really looking forward to using the Ni coils with TC. So, came home after buying a pack and tried to let it break in and found that the vapor production was fine the flavor was good but way too cool a vape. Went back to the .25's and now very pleased. Still use the Kanger but looks like the Crown will be in Power mode since it's my preferred tank..
I completely agree!

Pax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With all my single batteries I get about a tank of juice - on all my mods.
How about how often you are changing the coil. I go thru about 10ml's a day so I was curious approximately how much life I can get out of these coils.
Thx

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about how often you are changing the coil. I go thru about 10ml's a day so I was curious approximately how much life I can get out of these coils.
Thx

Oh, sorry - I totally misread the question LOL

I probably get around 75 ml out of a 0.25, but you may get longer than that.

Reactions: Pax

VU Sponsors