Become a Patron!

New to this , help me with my set up

I recently was gifted a wismec predator 228 with an aspire Cleito 120 tank/atomizer. I cant for the life of me figure out what setting i should have on to produce the best taste/vapor. This mod seems very complicated and not user friendly. The only other E-cig i have ever used was years ago i tried a vision spinner. I have 10 MG juice and everything i have tried produces too strong of a hit or not enough of one. Can someone with some knowledge tell me what settings to try on this crazy contraption.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I recently was gifted a wismec predator 228 with an aspire Cleito 120 tank/atomizer. I cant for the life of me figure out what setting i should have on to produce the best taste/vapor. This mod seems very complicated and not user friendly. The only other E-cig i have ever used was years ago i tried a vision spinner. I have 10 MG juice and everything i have tried produces too strong of a hit or not enough of one. Can someone with some knowledge tell me what settings to try on this crazy contraption.
Cleito 120 works best in the 100 to 120 watt range (I vape it at 120 watts myself). I have never used eliquid above 6mg so I can't comment on your 10mg eliquid. Maybe try 6mg or 3mg eliquid at 100 to 120 watts and see how that goes?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. Do you know if mod is in power mode? Have you tried watching a youtube vid for the mod?

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Predator is a Mod for advanced users and can be a bit daunting for first time users. However a bit of reading can help. You can download the user manual for the Predator here http://www.wismec.com/manual/ . There is a lot that is customizeable with the Predator so it will likely take a bit to get it sorted out. Also the sketchy translation to english won't help a whole lot, but it's understandable. Also check the coil in your Cleito. There should be a watt range etched on the side of it. The coil will perform best when fired in that range. The Cleito 120 coil is designed to be fired between 100 and 120 watts. If that's to hot for you, you may need to consider a different tank. The standard Cleito uses two different range coils rated for 40 to 60, and 55 to 70 watts. Personally I would go that route, get a standard Cleito. Then hang onto the 120 in case you decide to go "cloud chasing". :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ill second what everyone is saying
you are probably not used to what has been dubbed...subohming
meaning the coil has an ohm rating below 1.0
when you do this you increase the amount of vapor produced significantly
so you are also increasing flavor and nicotine concentration
most people when going below 1.0 ohm use 6 or 3mg nic because higher then 6mg is usually too much nic at once and can produce the burning sensation in your throat
also if you juice is high in PG then the throat hit on subohming is significantly stronger as well
As far as the mod and using it
it has 2 modes
power and TC or temperature control
TC is a advanced used. You need special coils and do a lot of tricks to get that to work right
so stick to power or wattage mode - different terms means the same thing
start your watts low say 20
bump it up and keep trying to you find what you like thats all any of us have really done

research what coil you have and what ones are available, try something with higher ohms and get lower nic juice

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I want to add because I experienced that myself, that 6mg and above can be very harsh, as well as the VG/pg ratio that plays a good role here, while 3mg can be very unsatisfying at the beginning, especially if you're just getting off cigarettes. My local store offers different VG/pg blends as well as nicotine. I gave the 4.5 nicotine @80/20 a shot, and could get away from cigarettes, but switched after a couple of weeks to 3mg @70/30 and stuck with that. Maybe that's something for you to consider as well, while there's ppl that use 9/12/18 nic in sub ohm vaping, its not the majority and in most cases to harsh for the "weak" aka average vapers :) good luck

VU Sponsors