Become a Patron!

New to this looking for some clear answers

Good evening,
I can guess by now you vets are tired of noobs posting but I need some help!

1) I have been making small batches with drops and looking to move into using syringes or different measurement techniques. I know all the data with the calculators but looking to know what is best by scale or syringes? And if scales what scale?

2) I have 3 really nice juices I like and a few others like but they are made by drops how to I convert from drops to a larger scale when I start using syringes or a scale?

3) how is the best way to make a 1/2 gal of vg at 3 nic? I like to make my my mix in advance then add flavor is this wrong or how do I in put it into the formulas?

Thank all for all your help and have a great day

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1) Measuring by weight is more accurate. But at roughly room temperature, there shouldn't be enough variation in volume through expansion and contraction to effect volume measuring.

2) Drops to ml. Drip them into a small puddle and then suck them up into a syringe. Drops to grams, drip and weigh.

3) To get exactly 3mg/ml you would need to know your recipe percentage before mixing the batch. A 10% flavoring recipe will not have the same nic level as a 20% flavoring recipe. Besides, it's better to NOT mix nic into large quantities of VG or PG beforehand. It's better to store the nic in small bottles in your freezer or refrigerator and bring your nic up to room temperature before use. PG/VG base is fine to mix beforehand, just don't add nic.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mix a nic base all the time. If you already have the bottle you'll be mixing into, just pop the numbers into your calculator, then mix directly into that bottle.

I currently measure by weight, I've measured by syringe, too. All I care about is consistency in flavor. You can get that with drops, as well. If you decide to start using syringes, another way to figure the %... place your finger over the tip of the syringe, fill the syringe with flavoring from the top, count how many drops it takes to fill 1ml, or just to 0.5ml then multiply. If you have bottles with the skinny dripper tip AND the fatter size, you'll need to measure both.

The scale I use.

Horizon Ds-19 Digital Pocket Scale, Precision Jewelry Scale, 500g By 0.01g

upload_2016-9-5_12-23-6.png

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use gerber baby food jars to mix my nic base, usually have 2 or 3 jars of 100ml mixed ahead of time. makes diy much easier. I use syringes, accurate enough for doctors then it's accurate enough for me. though I do see how scales could be more convenient.

VU Sponsors