Become a Patron!

New to Vape! Please help

Just got this ego c twist a few days ago and didn't have any juice. I put the tank on the battery, turned it on, and the strings were quite visibly heating up. They were blazing. Now, two days later, still with no juice, I decided to turn it on again and fire it, but the strings are not heating up anymore... I tried the center pin issue fix and it's not it... Is there a fix for this or do I have to buy a new battery and or tank? Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/vhe4s

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry to break this to you but tanks are designed to be filled with E-Liquid before use.

Since you mentioned "Juice" you must have known you needed it.

Sigh.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
sounds like you burned up the coil on the tank

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New coil, if it's replaceable. Don't dry fire your atomizers. They will burn out. The "strings" you refer to is resistance wire, without eliquid to cool them and produce delicious vapor, they simply overheat and burn out.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So a new tank?
yep. (I assume this is a disposable that doesn't allow changing the coil) When burned dry, you can end up burning the wicking material (which means liquid wont get to the heating coil) or popping the coil. Always have liquid in it and always prime the coil (if the tank design allows it) or let it sit for awhile after adding liquid, giving it time to be properly wicked.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you should never try to heat up a dry wick(the strings) they can and will burn, and then your juice tastes nasty,
depending on your tank you could just replace the coil, most are replaceable now a days. Other wise you need a whole new tank

New coil, if it's replaceable. Don't dry fire your atomizers. They will burn out. The "strings" you refer to is resistance wire, without eliquid to cool them and produce delicious vapor, they simply overheat and burn out.
Aha thank you! Sorry for the layman's terms

yep. (I assume this is a disposable that doesn't allow changing the coil) When burned dry, you can end up burning the wicking material (which means liquid wont get to the heating coil) or popping the coil. Always have liquid in it and always prime the coil (if the tank design allows it) or let it sit for awhile after adding liquid, giving it time to be properly wicked.
Ok, thanks!

you should never try to heat up a dry wick(the strings) they can and will burn, and then your juice tastes nasty,
depending on your tank you could just replace the coil, most are replaceable now a days. Other wise you need a whole new tank
Thank you!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Joseph, what type of tank are you using? A ce4 or ce5?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Joseph, what type of tank are you using? A ce4 or ce5?

If you look at his picture link it looks like an old Mini Vivi Nova knock off...those things had touchy coils at best...I had a love/hate relationship with my Vision Vivis and even rebuilding them they were fickle little bitches....not a coil you want to fire without liquid for sure. Doesn't take much for that little wire inside of it to call it quits...to the OP....sorry bud, you're going to need a new coil for sure and this time make sure it's got a little liquid on it before you fire it just to be safe. best of luck to you :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got this ego c twist a few days ago and didn't have any juice. I put the tank on the battery, turned it on, and the strings were quite visibly heating up. They were blazing. Now, two days later, still with no juice, I decided to turn it on again and fire it, but the strings are not heating up anymore... I tried the center pin issue fix and it's not it... Is there a fix for this or do I have to buy a new battery and or tank? Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/vhe4s
Are you in the United States? I have some of those with eGo threads, not 510, that I'll give you if you'd pm me your address. They're in a shoebox collecting dust.....

VU Sponsors