Become a Patron!

New to vape.

EdATX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been a hookah and cigar smoker for a while, and decided to give this a try (got tired of setting aside a few hours for hookah and cigar, just wanted something easier). I got me a Itaste 134 Mini. I do have a stupid question. How do I know what ohm wick I need'? I'm using the 18350 battery.

Other then that noobie question, I've been having a great time with this new vape.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cigars and hooka are chinmey devices producing tons of smoke.
Anything in a 18350 is going to limit you drastically on what you can use. Nothing lower than 1.5 ohms safely in all honesty.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah... Innokin. They love to build devices with potential... then choke them down with conservative chipset governors. They're finally coming around with 60 watt APV outputs (MVP 3.0 Pro)... but that doesn't do your 134 any good.

The "soft" limit for the 134, as determined by the chipset, is 1.2Ω. Going below 1.2Ω has no advantage, as the mod will not provide amperage to resistance parity.

A 28 gauge single coil at 1.2Ω will provide a median heat flux temperature of 178 mW/mm² and a surface area of 65.6mm². This would be an optimal (area to HF) balance for a single coil.
You can use 27 gauge wire to obtain a greater surface area (93mm²), but the heat flux will drop to cool 125 mW/mm².
You can use 29 gauge for a higher heat flux value (251 mW/mm²)... but then the surface area drops to 46mm².

If you're not a rebuilder, and the data above is all Greek... find atomizers in the 1.2Ω to 1.5Ω range, for best performance. Around 2.0Ω to extended battery life.

EdATX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Heh, thanks. Yup. It's all greek to me. Planning on watching videos and learning more on this.

I do love cigars, but I have to smoke them outside and sometimes doing that in Central TX in the summer, just is no fun.

The one thing I like about this over the hooklah, I've not got any hot hits. Easy to pull to hard off the hookah and get a hot hit.

Any good channels on youtune to check out for learning?

Thanks again.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heh, thanks. Yup. It's all greek to me. Planning on watching videos and learning more on this.

I do love cigars, but I have to smoke them outside and sometimes doing that in Central TX in the summer, just is no fun.

The one thing I like about this over the hooklah, I've not got any hot hits. Easy to pull to hard off the hookah and get a hot hit.

Thanks again.

http://www.steam-engine.org/
Good start

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Thanks again.

I have not yet found a great cigar E-Liquid but if you are willing to try a great pipe blend try Castle Black from Apocalypse .

Damn thats great stuff!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was a fan of lapaerla Havana and Hoya demonterrey Sumatra blend, about 3 or 4 months ago I stumbled in the old cigar emporium and grabbed a bottle of lotus cigar e-liquid, it had a nice Fuente overtone, it was nice hint at the old cigar, but its as close as I've come,

http://www.lotusvaping.com/e-juice-finder

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just love cigars. A Lot. I am so pissed off we made Cuban Cigars legal & I don't smoke. Just ain't right.

EdATX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've tried Cuban cigars and just didn't get why people were so crazy over them at all.

So, been looking around at things. Not sure I want to get into coil building, Nerve damage in my hands and I don't think I'd do well trying to work on those small parts. I am looking at what to get as a future upgrade. Am I wanting something that uses an 18650 battery? Was looking at the Tesla.

I take the coil thing back. If its not some super complicated coil, but just some standard simple, I should have no prob.

Last edited:

EdATX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. I always like to go balls deep in hobbies. Though I'm a noob, my SMPL clone and Troll RDA showed up today.

One thing I have learned, I am not liking that 134 mini. I did get a MVP 2.0 and dig that, esp for keeping in the car. Since I like to tinker, I'm going to build a DNA 40 box mod next month for fun.

expydude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I go balls deep in everything I try too lol

VU Sponsors