Become a Patron!

New to vaping and have a few questions

VoodooSan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello everyone. First this seems like a really excellent forum. I am a noob to vaping. I am a non-smoker now but years ago I smoked cigarettes for a short time and just quit with no issues because I ended up hating the effect smoking had on me. The bad taste, smell, negative effects on my health etc. I enjoyed smoking a pipe for a time because I enjoyed the taste. I didnt inhale pipe smoke, just enjoyed the flavor I got from sweeter tobaccos. So being new to this I have a few questions for those that vape.

1) Does vaping a 0mg nicotine (NO NICOTINE) juice cause typically cause any changes in blood pressure or heart rate/rhythm?

2) Does vaping (no nicotine) tend to leave an oder indoors, in the car, on clothes or in your mouth?

3) Does vaping (again no nicotine) typically affect lung function, cause coughing, etc.

I ask the opinions of those here that vape. I have read a lot but want to know the experience of you folks. I know the above questions are health related and a lot is speculation. I know vaping isnt considered 'healthy' compared to not vaping and there seems to be a lot of controversy on the health affects which I am sure we have all heard so I wont rehash that stuff.

Ok so onto the good stuff. I have done a bit research on vaping (but am by NO means an expert) and I like the ProVari P3. Does anyone here happen to use the Provari P3 or any of their products and how do you like it. I like thats its USA made.

Any opinions or advice is completely welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Vaping 0mg should not cause any changes in blood pressure or heart rate/heart rhythm as far as I know.

2. There is NO permanent odor that remains it usually fades away pretty quick.

3. Depending on how much you vape and what voltage/wattage you might experience an occasional cough but nothing like when you smoke. As far as it affecting lungs, I have not noticed it affecting my lungs but can say that it sure won't affect your lungs like smoking does.

VoodooSan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
thanks mate. Ok can you educate me on the watts/volts? If you set watts does it affect volts for example? What does raising or lowering watts/volts do?

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will leave the technical stuff for someone who can explain better than I could.
I will however share with you this chart:
tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
raising and lowering watt/volts changes the power output of the mod changing the vapor production. Vaping in terms of power is based on ohms law...the heating element known as the atomizer is a heating element made from resistance wire and depending on your resistance will help determine your power settings depending on how much/little vapor you want and to a certain extent how warm the vape is in conjection with the amount of airflow you have going to the atomizer.

I have two of the older provari version 2.5's and they're solid products. Provape makes good stuff but it is exspensive...you're paying for that made in america price tag for sure...but as it's a local company for me I wanted to support local business :) They require a certain type of battery and the correct charger to go with them. We use high powered IMR batteries that require a intelligent charger to charge them such as an Efest LUC or any charger from the brand Xtar is good. If you're going all out for a P3 then Xtar should be in your price range and you can't beat them...it's very important to buy good quality batteries and a proper charger to charge them with.

The batteries you would want to use with the P3 are IMR/INR 18650 high drain batteries with a continuous amp drain limit of 20 amps...your best bet would probably be Samsung 25R's or LG HE4's....they have a 2500 mah life which will give you about the longest run time between charges and will provide enough power to properly run your device.

You'll need to decide on a tank or atomizer to top your device with....the Provari V3 has a 5 amp/6volt/20 watt output limit so any of the "subohm tanks" wouldn't really be much use for the device but it would run something like an Aspire Nautilus or Nautilus mini with BVC coils quite nicely.

I know this is all new and confusing, but if you sniff around here and do some Google Fu and match pictures and item descriptions to what I am saying it will all start to make sense. I am going to link an Ohm's Law calculator as well as three other threads I use as a generic basic information threads for new vapors. Some of the information contained in them may not directly pertain to your vaping interest or needs but it's useful information to have if you're curious about vaping...afterwards....once you still have more questions than answers but have more specific questions I would be more than happy to answer them to the best of my abilities and assist you any way I can.

Welcome to VU and I hope we can help find you what you want/need :)

http://thelocust.net/ohm/ ---ohm's law calculator
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-sort-of-to-vaping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342138
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/looking-for-the-best-sub-tanks-and-rda.73126/#post-428210

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, in regards to your heath questions....To the best of my knowledge...nicotine free liquid doesn't change blood pressure or heart rate or rhythm. Nor does the odor last or have any negative effects on your lungs. The exception to this would be if you are sensitive to propylene glycol (PG) which is one of the two main base ingredients in e-liquid that some vapors have had an alergic reaction to...but there is a wonderful variety of PG liquids to solve this problem and the allergy is rare.

As someone with health issues involving blood clots in my lungs and heart I can say that vaping is a lot better than smoking as when the clots struck if I had been a smoker I would more than likely be dead now according to what the doctors at the hospital said. Nothing is best, vaping, although safer than smoking, still isn't completely safe...but it'd say it's next to harmless in comparison.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will leave the technical stuff for someone who can explain better than I could.
I will however share with you this chart:
tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png
That chart is good for cartomizers and older single coils like CE4's and Evod tanks but for stuff like Nautilus BVC coils that info is starting to get a bit outdated...and that chart is useless for sub ohm coils and RBAs. You can easily run a BVC coil in the 10-17 watt range and it will work just fine...wouldn't run it higher than 17 watts though, not much anyways....once you burn that filler the coil is done for.

As for this chart.... It was a good chart for it's day...In 2013 it was a solid chart to go by. I wish someone good with graphics would make a "2015" version....sadly I am not that computer gifted....typing I gots covered, pictures are another story :)

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for this chart.... It was a good chart for it's day...In 2013 it was a solid chart to go by. I wish someone good with graphics would make a "2015" version....sadly I am not that computer gifted....typing I gots covered, pictures are another story :)

Fair enough! Thanks for the update and feedback on the chart.
We can work together on creating a 2015 chart. I can provide the graphical help.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone. First this seems like a really excellent forum. I am a noob to vaping. I am a non-smoker now but years ago I smoked cigarettes for a short time and just quit with no issues because I ended up hating the effect smoking had on me. The bad taste, smell, negative effects on my health etc. I enjoyed smoking a pipe for a time because I enjoyed the taste. I didnt inhale pipe smoke, just enjoyed the flavor I got from sweeter tobaccos. So being new to this I have a few questions for those that vape.

1) Does vaping a 0mg nicotine (NO NICOTINE) juice cause typically cause any changes in blood pressure or heart rate/rhythm?

2) Does vaping (no nicotine) tend to leave an oder indoors, in the car, on clothes or in your mouth?

3) Does vaping (again no nicotine) typically affect lung function, cause coughing, etc.

I ask the opinions of those here that vape. I have read a lot but want to know the experience of you folks. I know the above questions are health related and a lot is speculation. I know vaping isnt considered 'healthy' compared to not vaping and there seems to be a lot of controversy on the health affects which I am sure we have all heard so I wont rehash that stuff.

Ok so onto the good stuff. I have done a bit research on vaping (but am by NO means an expert) and I like the ProVari P3. Does anyone here happen to use the Provari P3 or any of their products and how do you like it. I like thats its USA made.

Zero Nic juice will contain PG and/or VG, and flavoring (artificial or natural). There could be reactions to any of these. I trust the juices from Velvet Cloud (100%VG, natural flavorings).
The odors associated with vaping dissipate quickly.
You might cough while vaping, especially if you set your watts too high and end up burning your coil (a dry hit).
Choosing your first setup can be challenging. The Titanium P3 would hold its value well. I see that the Nautilus is the tank in the P3 kit. If you go with the Nautilus, it likes 50/50 juice for its BVC (coil).
I have two Provari Minis. I vape close to 5.5 watts. This works out to about 3.2 volts with a 1.8 ohm coil. I like the Smok GDC with Micro Core-A adjustable coils, which allow me to vape closer to 100%VG.
Best bet for you (or anyone) is to visit some vape shops and try before you buy. I bought my equipment without access to vape shops.
As for the long-term health effects of vaping, well, it's all relatively new. There are some vapers who really huff the stuff, and there are vapers who take it easy...

FM696269

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
vaping does leave an odour 100%

if ive been vaping in a room itll leave an odour of the flavour ive been vaping on for a good hour or so, but its a pleasant odour

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

1) NO

2) No as far as a long term odor. Some stronger flavors may have a noticble scent while you are vaping them but they fade quickly.

3) No But high levels of PG which are associated with the sensation of Throat Hit may cause you to cough if you are not used to it..

Provari? Totally up to you. If you have the $$$ and can live with the limits of the device go for it. I like that it is made in the good old US of A but IMHO you can get a much better mod for much less. Provape rested on its laurels for too long and the vaping world left it in the dust.

And by the way, Welcome to the Underground!

VoodooSan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did get the Provari P3 and I run the Aspire Nautilus and I REALLY like it so far. No complaints but yes I am new. After talking with a couple of guys in the vape shop I am eyeballing a Vapor Shark now but trying to learn what I can to decide what my next MOD will be. I knew going into the P3 that its not as customizable as other PVs. Pretty much its all self contained and I am ok with that for now. So I for now I am trying to educate myself as I am so new at vaping.

And thanks for the welcome!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1) NO

2) No as far as a long term odor. Some stronger flavors may have a noticble scent while you are vaping them but they fade quickly.

3) No But high levels of PG which are associated with the sensation of Throat Hit may cause you to cough if you are not used to it..

Provari? Totally up to you. If you have the $$$ and can live with the limits of the device go for it. I like that it is made in the good old US of A but IMHO you can get a much better mod for much less. Provape rested on its laurels for too long and the vaping world left it in the dust.

And by the way, Welcome to the Underground!

I agree with you @UncleRJ about Provape...they could have made the P3 even a 10 amp device instead of 5...I mean if you're going to fire under 1 ohm, even if it's just down to .7 or whatever it is it should be a 10 amp device. I remember how excited I was when I got my first Provari 2.5 a couple years ago and then my Mini...and they were awesome and gave my carto's new life....now, unless I am using my Nautilus, My Divers, or pull out a carto and watch it's little piff of smoke when I'm feeling nostalgic it mainly sits on my desk as a lovely vaping decoration along with the classic "pink samsung" battery that used to come with Evic's that the vape shop sold to my buddy that almost vented on him for sub ohming with it. :)

But the honest to God truth is we are in the vaping minority...true me make the biggest fuss (and cloulds :D ) but in reality...for most vapors they are vaping on eGo's with clearos and that's all they'll ever vape and the ones like that that step up to something like a P3, well, it will be the only mod they'll ever need. I think it's biggest flaw is they tried to cram all those huge menus and options into a single button design...it drives me nuts when I miss the menu I want on the 2.5...the P3 would drive me nuts :D

VoodooSan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The menu is the complaint I heard from most that reviewed the P3. Since I have nothing to compare it to as its my first I dont have any trouble with it. But I am a novice. I can I say having owned the P3 for a few days now I am really enjoying it. I am still looking at a Vapor Shark RDNA as my next one.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The menu is the complaint I heard from most that reviewed the P3. Since I have nothing to compare it to as its my first I dont have any trouble with it. But I am a novice. I can I say having owned the P3 for a few days now I am really enjoying it. I am still looking at a Vapor Shark RDNA as my next one.

The menu's aren't hard on provari's....I have the older ones....it's a first world vape problem complaint bitching about the single button setup, once you get used to it it's not that bad :)

I love my Vaporsharks, they're complicated in their own right...far less control options, much simpler...it's more like entering the old "Contra Code" on the old NES game :) I just like having up and down power adjustment buttons and being able to lock my wattage that way and being able to lock my mod with five clicks of the power button instead of having to go into the menu and select it and then do the same to reverse it...when I am trying to grab a puff on the run it's much easier with the five clicks...I usually leave my provari unlocked and it fires in my pocket once in awhile but most of the time it's good :)

VoodooSan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would like to get a slim foam lined hard case to transport it in my bag. All the ones I have found seem like crappy quality. Any ideas what to get like that?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, they do make mod cases like that...but they're not sold at many shops...I need to go to bed but after work tomorrow I'll dig threw my shopping links and find where you get them from. :)

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did get the Provari P3 and I run the Aspire Nautilus and I REALLY like it so far. No complaints but yes I am new. After talking with a couple of guys in the vape shop I am eyeballing a Vapor Shark now but trying to learn what I can to decide what my next MOD will be. I knew going into the P3 that its not as customizable as other PVs. Pretty much its all self contained and I am ok with that for now. So I for now I am trying to educate myself as I am so new at vaping.

And thanks for the welcome!
I like Ni200 builds on RDAs with my DNA40 mod. I also like my ADC and GDC with my Provaris. So I have both, and if you go with the DNA40 mod, you will have both as well. If you go with the DNA40, I suggest you use RDAs and RTAs with it...and stay away from the subtanks. Building coils with Ni200 is easy (watch some youtubes to learn how). No need to invest in subtanks!

VoodooSan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, they do make mod cases like that...but they're not sold at many shops...I need to go to bed but after work tomorrow I'll dig threw my shopping links and find where you get them from. :)

Thanks! That would be great

VU Sponsors