Become a Patron!

New to vaping and I need your help.

Hello everyone,
I hope you are enjoying the holidays.
I am a smoker that smokes 2 packs a day so a total of around 40 cigs.
I just bought a Vaporesso revenger mini and a bottle of UniApple juice 60ml 3mg.
I believe the tank takes up to 3.5ml.

My goal is to quit smoking because my breathing is becoming worse day after day.
How many tanks do you suggest I smoke per day?
All help possible is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I smoked just a little less than you and nearly always has a cigarette going. Once I found a flavor I liked, I vaped much the same. I didn't really worry much about it, since I was no longer inhaling all the nastiness from cigs.

If you end up vaping too much, you'll feel it. Light headed, icky in your stomach, or a headache. Any of those symptoms go away rather quickly, though.

Currently, I vape anywhere from 7 to 10 mls a day. Some vape way more than that.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck to you!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I reiterate the welcome, both to the forum and to a whole new way of life. A lot of us were really die-hard smokers, who found a way, FINALLY, to ditch those lousy things: vaping! What Huck said is absolutely true; if you find that you need to vape so much that you feel kinda dizzy/nauseated/stomach pains/headache, then you probably just need a lower nic strength -- and how much or how long you smoked is really no sure guide; I smoked 39 yrs, anywhere from 3.5 to 1 pk a day, and had to start with 6mg ejuice, or it made me nauseated -- because I needed to vape pretty much constantly, anytime I had even a passing thought of a cigarette.

And also what UncleRJ Vapin4Joy said: we don't smoke, we vape. :) But there's a lot of jargon to learn.... ;) You'll get it. :D

Andria

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone,
I hope you are enjoying the holidays.
I am a smoker that smokes 2 packs a day so a total of around 40 cigs.
I just bought a Vaporesso revenger mini and a bottle of UniApple juice 60ml 3mg.
I believe the tank takes up to 3.5ml.

My goal is to quit smoking because my breathing is becoming worse day after day.
How many tanks do you suggest I smoke per day?
All help possible is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Good for you that you're trying vaping to quit.

To start with, as noted above, you do it as much as it takes to keep you from smoking. Secondly, 3mg is too weak for you. I smoked 25-30 Lights per day and I started at 18mg and it was strong enough to provide the nicotine I needed. At 3mg you're not getting close to your need. Get to vape store and site and get 18mg, minimum. Don't listen to the numbnuts who sold you 3mg (I assume you got it from a store). The stupid fuck who sold it to you doesn't know his ass from his elbow. If you are getting it from a store then just get one or two bottles at a time until you're sure that it's strong enough and you like the flavor.

Most vapers will slowly decrease the nic amount to low levels. The equipment you use has a lot to do with it, but for now, with what you have, 18 should do. I've been vaping for 14 months and I now use squonks and RDAs (they're more efficient at utilizing the nic in juice) and my juice is from 2-2.5mg and it works just fine.

The beginning can be confusing, frustrating and difficult, but everyone here has gone through it. We can help you by answering your questions and pointing you in the right direction for everything you need to know and buy. Just commit to it and then stick with it, you'll get off those cigs before you know it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Vapester :wave:

Good luck and best wishes on your journey to becoming smoke free

Vape as much as you like as often as you like

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and welcome. I agree you probably need to raise your nic. I would try 12mg first then go to 18mg if needed. You can always dilute with 3mg if you need to.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of us have heavy breathing with high VG ejuice.
I have to vape no higher than 50% VG or I have heavy breathing and hack up VG.

Congrats on your working to quit smoking.
A 40 yr 1.5 PAD smoker now almost 3 years smoke free with vaping.

And yes you prolly need to up your nic some maybe 6 mg.
If you get too much nic you just get a bit dizzy maybe headache or a bit of upset stomach. Back off on the nic and it usually goes away in a couple of hours or less.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome and good luck. I agree with Letita9, bump you nic up a bit. 12mg would be a good starting point. I know when I started my "quit quest" I started at 12mg and ended up bumping to 18mg for a while. From there I gradually dropped it. I'm done to 4 now. But as others have noted, every ones journey is different. The destination is the same, how we get there is up to us. Again, good luck, and if you need help or nave questions just ask. :bliss:

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Welcome to your new addiction and to the underground. Just adding my 2 cents you got some great advice from some good people. One thing I noticed that when it comes to vaping everything is suggestive. Like I used smoke 1 to 1.5 packs of cowboy killer lights a day. I started with 6mg and was to much. Probaby because I loved the taste of my juice and I chained vaped. I went to 3mg the next day but like i said it's all suggestive. I been smoke free for 2months plus now. The most important part now is to not smoke those nasty cigs. So if what you got is working then keep going. My opinion and iam a newbie if your vaping through alot maybe up your mg to something higher.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to your new addiction and to the underground. Just adding my 2 cents you got some great advice from some good people. One thing I noticed that when it comes to vaping everything is suggestive. Like I used smoke 1 to 1.5 packs of cowboy killer lights a day. I started with 6mg and was to much. Probaby because I loved the taste of my juice and I chained vaped. I went to 3mg the next day but like i said it's all suggestive. I been smoke free for 2months plus now. The most important part now is to not smoke those nasty cigs. So if what you got is working then keep going. My opinion and iam a newbie if your vaping through alot maybe up your mg to something higher.

A lot depends on your vaping style. Lower wattage MTL or tiny cloud vaping would require more mg/ml nic and A higher wattage DTL bigger clouds style would require lower mg/ml nic.
This is due to the large difference of vapor/ejuice inhaled.

You guys are amazing. For the first time I see so much support on a forum.
Really glad that I came here for help.
A few more questions to add:
How many days should my GT core last? The salesman told me that once i can smell or taste that it's been burning then it needs to be changed.
And how less worse is it than the cigarettes for my lungs?(Main reason I am came to vaping is because my breathing is becoming heavy and Cigs made me cough too much lately)
Third and final question my tank is 3.5ML so if I fill 2 times a day(7ML total) is it a good start to replace those 40 cigs a day?

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
You will know when the coil needs changed it will have a weird metal burnt taste. As for the the life span it really all depends on the juice, the amount of usage like if your vaping on it 30 times a min it's not going to last as long as if you take a few puffs every now and then. Also making sure there is juice in the tank I try to never let my tanks go below a third. Now I'm no doctor or anything but I will say that vaping is 98% better then smoking a cig in my opinion. There are a few ingredients vg,pg,nicotine and flavoring not the 100's or 1000's of chemicals produced while smoking cigs. So yes I believe it's definitely safer then cigs. Im not a doctor or a scientist or whatever so i would say Check this out. https://vapingdaily.com/smoking-vs-vaping/

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
If 7ml is keeping you off the cigs tour doing great. I know people who use double that me personally I use around 10 to 12 ml a day at 3mg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You guys are amazing. For the first time I see so much support on a forum.
Really glad that I came here for help.
A few more questions to add:
How many days should my GT core last? The salesman told me that once i can smell or taste that it's been burning then it needs to be changed.
And how less worse is it than the cigarettes for my lungs?(Main reason I am came to vaping is because my breathing is becoming heavy and Cigs made me cough too much lately)
Third and final question my tank is 3.5ML so if I fill 2 times a day(7ML total) is it a good start to replace those 40 cigs a day?

The Royal College of Physicians in the UK, who were 2 yrs ahead of the Surgeon General in declaring smoking hazardous, say that vaping "cannot exceed 5% of the danger of smoking, and is probably less." So AT LEAST 95% safer than smoking, if not even closer to 99%.

There's no numeric replacement value -- the replacement value is, WHATEVER IT TAKES. No rules, no musts, no thou shalt nots. Vape as much or as little as it takes to ward off smoking. I vaped every single time I had a passing thought of a smoke, and pretty much still do, though the passing thoughts either don't pass so often, or they pass so fast I don't notice a lot of them. :D (the flip side of that is, if you feel you really NEED to smoke, go ahead and smoke, and maybe next time, vape instead... or try vaping for a while before you smoke, and see if the urge eases -- if not, you don't need to be a hardass to yourself, because that's a good way to get resentful and resistant to the whole process -- you got addicted to smoking a little at a time, over many years... it might take more than one day to successfully transition to a new way of doing things.)

And yeah, it usually is pretty easy to tell when the coil needs changing, because it tastes like satan's asshole. :D Also, your juice will start turning dark, from what backwashes off the coil.

Andria

Last edited:

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
The Royal College of Physicians in the UK, who were 2 yrs ahead of the Surgeon General in declaring smoking hazardous, say that vaping "cannot exceed 5% of the danger of smoking, and is probably less." So AT LEAST 95% safer than smoking, if not even closer to 99%.

There's no numeric replacement value -- the replacement value is, WHATEVER IT TAKES. No rules, no musts, no thou shalt nots. Vape as much or as little as it takes to ward off smoking. I vaped every single time I had a passing thought of a smoke, and pretty much still do, though the passing thoughts either don't pass so often, or they pass so fast I don't notice a lot of them. :D (the flip side of that is, if you feel you really NEED to smoke, go ahead and smoke, and maybe next time, vape instead... or try vaping for a while before you smoke, and see if the urge eases -- if not, you don't need to be a hardass to yourself, because that's a good way to get resentful and resistant to the whole process -- you got addicted to smoking a little at a time, over many years... it might take more than one day to successfully transition to a new way of doing things.)

And yeah, it usually is pretty easy to tell when the coil needs changing, because it tastes like satan's asshole. :D Also, your juice will start turning dark, from what backwashes off the coil.

Andria
Satan's asshole that sounds about right. Many fails with my first rta.

Thank you guys again, I managed to only smoked around 5 cigs yesterday (I usually smoke 40 cigs each day) and vape around 1 tank and a half of 3.5ml.
Few more questions now that my first day is over, is it okay if I mix 2 flavors together? and what is your best flavor so far? I am vaping the UniApple and I really like it but I would like to change a bit every now and then. Let's say I get a second flavor, is it okay if I mix them together or change the flavor after every tank?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you guys again, I managed to only smoked around 5 cigs yesterday (I usually smoke 40 cigs each day) and vape around 1 tank and a half of 3.5ml.
Few more questions now that my first day is over, is it okay if I mix 2 flavors together? and what is your best flavor so far? I am vaping the UniApple and I really like it but I would like to change a bit every now and then. Let's say I get a second flavor, is it okay if I mix them together or change the flavor after every tank?

Yes, strawberry & cream that I've made since December 2014, yes, and yes -- no rules! I was mixing 2-3 flavors together pretty much right off the bat, because that was the only way I could get the right sort of "bite" out of the Virginia tobacco flavor I was vaping. You can even mix custom nicotine levels, by mixing different nic levels together -- if you mix identical quantities of 2 or more flavors together, they average -- a 6mg and a 12mg mixed would give you a 9mg; mix 2ml of 6mg and 1ml of 12mg, and you get 8mg.. That seemed crystal clear to me, but I've been cooking for a very long time, and you learn crap like that, but those who don't regularly mix things together might not be aware of it -- even my husband, who's normally very good at math, didn't get it -- he thought the nic levels added, rather than averaged.

A nice thing about starting out mixing different ejuices together is that a) it gets you more prepared to undertake actual DIY ejuice, and b) it gets you more prepared physically, because you may begin to acquire tools like bottles, syringes, graduated cylinders, etc.

Andria

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Thats a start less cigs a day is great soon you won't even want them. You start to disgust them. As for juice I find its hard to really recommend juice everyone is differnt. And you might like something that you never thought you would like. For instance I got this blue sweet agave cactus. I would have never tried juice like that but I was trying a friends new tank and that's what he was vaping. I love the stuff now. I don't diy my juice. But I do mix others together. I can recommend my favorite brands. I don't get nothing for this recommendation. But 1. Zuros milk 2. Uis vapes. Google search it. I sugget you try different stuff at you local vape shop amd go from there. Look at reviews. If you want a certain flavor someone sells it. Keep it simple for now that's what someone recommend to me. He said that your taste buds are messed up from smoking. Here is some links to a good vape gear search site
http://www.vapecrawler.com

warchild

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good for you that you're trying vaping to quit.

To start with, as noted above, you do it as much as it takes to keep you from smoking. Secondly, 3mg is too weak for you. I smoked 25-30 Lights per day and I started at 18mg and it was strong enough to provide the nicotine I needed. At 3mg you're not getting close to your need. Get to vape store and site and get 18mg, minimum. Don't listen to the numbnuts who sold you 3mg (I assume you got it from a store). The stupid fuck who sold it to you doesn't know his ass from his elbow. If you are getting it from a store then just get one or two bottles at a time until you're sure that it's strong enough and you like the flavor.

Most vapers will slowly decrease the nic amount to low levels. The equipment you use has a lot to do with it, but for now, with what you have, 18 should do. I've been vaping for 14 months and I now use squonks and RDAs (they're more efficient at utilizing the nic in juice) and my juice is from 2-2.5mg and it works just fine.

The beginning can be confusing, frustrating and difficult, but everyone here has gone through it. We can help you by answering your questions and pointing you in the right direction for everything you need to know and buy. Just commit to it and then stick with it, you'll get off those cigs before you know it.
I have recently quit smoking myself and just use 3mg of nicotine but I also used Chantix to help me quit smoking so the 3mg seems to be working out for me. Probably going to go to 6mg though as I find myself getting a bit on edge at times so figured I go up for a little while then drop it back to 3mg and then try going to 0.

I have recently quit smoking myself and just use 3mg of nicotine but I also used Chantix to help me quit smoking so the 3mg seems to be working out for me. Probably going to go to 6mg though as I find myself getting a bit on edge at times so figured I go up for a little while then drop it back to 3mg and then try going to 0.
Yeah my aim is to go 0 and then perhaps stop vaping also. Keep it up dude

Alphaholic

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My 2 cents, I started with 12mg about 3 years ago, worked to 6, then 3. I only vaped when I felt like having a cig, I fell off the wagon not long after I went to 3 mostly because I didn't spend 10 minutes chain vaping and wanted to be able to take a couple puffs and get rid of the cig craving, not effective with low nicotine juice. My advice is, if u can spend time vaping and will do it near constantly get a low nic juice, but the most helpful thing to me seems to be a 12mg juice that I can get some quick satisfaction out of when u r feeling weak. I am just now getting serious about it again and I have been keeping 3mg at the house for when I can sit around on the couch and vape and I keep an extra tank with 12mg for when I am working or whatever. Seems to be working for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

Yeah dude it's totally fine to mix flavors together(it's what got me started with making my own juice) I don't know what uniapple tastes like but I'm gonna assume either apples or apple pie. If just a simple apple vape, it can work with alot of stuff, berries and other fruits(find a nice fruit mix and you should like it a good bit) if apple pie, it has less to mix with, but can go good with light caramels or peanut butter or some cherry, do a little in-tank mix and you might surprise yourself what you can find to be delicious :D

Welcome to VU, best of luck to ya with quitting smoking :cheers:

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One thing I've noticed amongst new vapors, the first couple days, a new caper MIGHT cough and a lot more. When you converts to vaping, your body may try clearing some if the "gunk" from your lungs

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I smoked for about 40 years. I started on 12mg Uncle Junks Jon Wayne juice. Has a slight tobacco taste to it.
My problem was trying not to light up having coffee in the morning. I vaped about 5 ml every morning for 2 weeks until that craving went away.
Haven't had a cig since Sept. 2016. Now I'm down to 6mg. Soon as all my 6mg is gone, i'm going to try 3mg.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that what I have been coughing up? Did not know about this.

Could be. all I know is what high VG does to me.
I am not a Doctor nor have ever played on in a TV series.

also per MY Doctor I have no lung issues.
Work fine, sound good just last week for a physical my oxygenation level was 97%
This is with vaping 50/50 juice.

SavageCheef

Member For 1 Year
Could be. all I know is what high VG does to me.
I am not a Doctor nor have ever played on in a TV series.

also per MY Doctor I have no lung issues.
Work fine, sound good just last week for a physical my oxygenation level was 97%
This is with vaping 50/50 juice.

Interesting to know, I use 60/40 or 70/30. It could just be phlegm but it's not like i inspect it when i cough it up!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting to know, I use 60/40 or 70/30. It could just be phlegm but it's not like i inspect it when i cough it up!

Mine is not inspected neither but I do not hack up stuff as long as I stay with 50% or lower on the VG.

Just a results based conclusion not scientific.
No sciencing was involved in my conclusion just cause and effect. I did try it multiple times to see if consistent.
It was consistent.

SavageCheef

Member For 1 Year
Mine is not inspected neither but I do not hack up stuff as long as I stay with 50% or lower on the VG.

Just a results based conclusion not scientific.
No sciencing was involved in my conclusion just cause and effect. I did try it multiple times to see if consistent.
It was consistent.
Well thanks for the lesson! I will have to check all my juices when i get home and see if I have one that is lower and let you know how that works for me. I cough shit up everyday regardless though so it'll be hard to say which is phlegm and which is VG.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well thanks for the lesson! I will have to check all my juices when i get home and see if I have one that is lower and let you know how that works for me. I cough shit up everyday regardless though so it'll be hard to say which is phlegm and which is VG.
Worth a shot. Give it 2 days or so to see if your phlegm clears up.

VU Sponsors