Become a Patron!

New to vaping, dizziness?

So, I got a joyetech AIO and had it for about 3 weeks. Then, I decided to upgrade, and got a Smok Alien Mod Kit that was on sale. I was told by the employees of the place of purchase they didn't recommend it because it was pricy and a cloud producer (which I understood, but still purchased anyways because I knew I would enjoy it and continue.) I get a mild amout of dizziness after a few 2-3 second fires/hits. Is it normal for this to happen when upgrading to a high performance vape? Also, my juice is 0.5% nicotine (very low amount) and I previously smoked cigs, but only every once in a while. Any ideas whats causing it?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have access to try one with a lower percentage?
That way you can compare and see if that is what is causing it.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
0.5% in most of the world means 5 mg/ml - and that could be way too high depending on how much vapor is being produced. Depending on your tolerance and how much you use that thing, you may want to knock it down to 3 mg/ml or even lower.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know it's low nic. Only thing on the label is the percentage, and they asked me low mild or high nicotine and i said low. But it's a 30 ml bottle with 0.5% if that helps any.

.5% is 5mg. Try some 3mg. Mods and/or attys that produce more vapor are more efficient at delivering nicotine. You might turn the wattage down a bit too, which would make it produce less vapor.

Andria

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
.5% is 5mg. Try some 3mg. Mods and/or attys that produce more vapor are more efficient at delivering nicotine. You might turn the wattage down a bit too, which would make it produce less vapor.

Andria
This^^^

Drop your nic to 3g, or even 1.5mg. When I moved from the Subtank Mini @12mg to the Alien/BB combo, I had to drop to 6mg. After a few weeks, I dropped on down to 3mg.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you are overdosing on nicotine if you never smoked and want to vape for enjoyment remove the nicotine or drop it 3mg or lower

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So, I got a joyetech AIO and had it for about 3 weeks. Then, I decided to upgrade, and got a Smok Alien Mod Kit that was on sale. I was told by the employees of the place of purchase they didn't recommend it because it was pricy and a cloud producer (which I understood, but still purchased anyways because I knew I would enjoy it and continue.) I get a mild amout of dizziness after a few 2-3 second fires/hits. Is it normal for this to happen when upgrading to a high performance vape? Also, my juice is 0.5% nicotine (very low amount) and I previously smoked cigs, but only every once in a while. Any ideas whats causing it?

Nic over exposure. Higher wattage device vaporizes higher amount of liquid, more liquid vaped the higher the nic exposure. Example, Joye AIO vaping at maybe 30watts, with 0.5% or 5mg per milli-liter is a 1:1 even exposure not affecting you, now moving up to the Alien with the Baby Beast and you are running say 90watts, 90/30=3, 3 x 5mg nic juice = 15mg exposure or 1.5%. So as they only offer Low, Medium, High, if they offer a 0mg, no nic of the same flavor, mix 1:1 the 5mg with the 0mg, you'll get a 2.5mg or 0.25%, 0.5 + 0= 0.5%/2 bottles into 1 60ml= a 60ml of 0.25%.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
more cloud = more nicotine per puff. Regardless of the mg your ejuice label says.. For example, I can vape 12 mg on my tank with a factory coil, 6 mg with a coil I make, and 3mg on a dripper. 6 mg on a dripper would be far to much nic for me. (I've cut down to 3mg from 18 in the past year, 18 was on a pen style)
Main thing... the bigger the cloud, the more nic the cloud contains.. so the ejuice you used in a vape pen (say 18 mg? ) would be really strong on a high cloud tank / dripper

VU Sponsors