Become a Patron!

New to vaping equipment

MycheleG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My name is Chele and I'm new to the forum. I've been vaping for about a year with low nicotine juices, but my equipment was bought for me. I had been vaping off and on mainly because of my son being so young. I know how to do basic stuff such as changing my juices, but I'm completely lost to the lingo and supplies to broaden my vaping experience. I'm not sure where/how to buy new coils, what the difference between them is, what brands are better, things of that nature. My coil just burned out so I really want to get a new one. I currently vape using a ijust 2 by Eleaf.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Chele, welcome to the forum.

If you have a vape shop nearby, the coils that will fit that tank are pretty easy to come by. Though it comes with an Eleaf coil made for that tank, another option that works just as well are the Aspire Atlantis coils. I have that tank, I've used the Aspire ones in the past.

http://sweet-vapes.com/tanks/aspire/aspire-coils/aspire-atlantis2-bvc-coil.html this is a trusted vendor and they ship out pretty quickly. I did see them at another place, cheaper, called Wake and Vape, but they're out of stock.

The lingo takes just a bit to get used to, so anytime you have questions, ask. Everyone here is pretty helpful and friendly. Do you feel like the set up you have fits your needs pretty well, or do you feel that you could get a better experience?

MistyLungs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You need a new EC head (atomizer) which you will screw into the atomizer base after removing the old one. You can get them online or at a vape shop, just bring in your tank if you do go to the vape shop and show them so they can offer you what they have. They have multiple resistences and from what i saw online they are 0.3 and 0.5. If you want more vapor get a .3. Remember to "prime" the coil and let it sit for 20 seconds before vaping it.

If you really want to get into vaping research this site about ohms, coil builds, RBA's and making your own juice along with battery safety. You will save money making your own juice (initial purchase is expensive, around $100) but you will be able to customize every aspect of your juice from pg/vg ratio to the flavours and nicotine percentage. If you get into building your own coils you have every bit of customization as well such as the coil type which in hand goes with the ohms (paralel coil with 4 wraps will be less ohms then a traditional coil with 4 wraps). You wont have to stroll out to buy new coils and juice, you will make them and have fun experimenting.

Welcome to vaping underground.

MycheleG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Chele, welcome to the forum.

If you have a vape shop nearby, the coils that will fit that tank are pretty easy to come by. Though it comes with an Eleaf coil made for that tank, another option that works just as well are the Aspire Atlantis coils. I have that tank, I've used the Aspire ones in the past.

http://sweet-vapes.com/tanks/aspire/aspire-coils/aspire-atlantis2-bvc-coil.html this is a trusted vendor and they ship out pretty quickly. I did see them at another place, cheaper, called Wake and Vape, but they're out of stock.

The lingo takes just a bit to get used to, so anytime you have questions, ask. Everyone here is pretty helpful and friendly. Do you feel like the set up you have fits your needs pretty well, or do you feel that you could get a better experience?

Thank you for the welcome! I think for now, my set up will do. I really like having huge clouds and maximum flavor, so eventually I want to get something that really captures that. I don't know what factors into those, but if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thank you for the welcome! I think for now, my set up will do. I really like having huge clouds and maximum flavor, so eventually I want to get something that really captures that. I don't know what factors into those, but if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.
huge clouds and max flavor come at a cost, as in you need to get used to it so you don't hack up a lung every time you take a hit. going from a MTL (Mouth to lung aka like a cigarette) to a DTL (direct to lung aka huge clouds and flavor) is an adjustment. plus when using a DTL device you want to lower your nicotine level since you take in a lot more vapor. anywhere from 25% to 50% of what you were using (example if you use a 12MG juice right now you'd want to use a 3-6MG juice for a DTL device)

For power and price point right now (and looks) it's hard to beat a smok alien mod with a TFV8 tank. or even do a middle ground with the smok alien kit (which has a baby TFV8 on it)

15x00w2.jpg

MycheleG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
huge clouds and max flavor come at a cost, as in you need to get used to it so you don't hack up a lung every time you take a hit. going from a MTL (Mouth to lung aka like a cigarette) to a DTL (direct to lung aka huge clouds and flavor) is an adjustment. plus when using a DTL device you want to lower your nicotine level since you take in a lot more vapor. anywhere from 25% to 50% of what you were using (example if you use a 12MG juice right now you'd want to use a 3-6MG juice for a DTL device)

For power and price point right now (and looks) it's hard to beat a smok alien mod with a TFV8 tank. or even do a middle ground with the smok alien kit (which has a baby TFV8 on it)

15x00w2.jpg

That looks like a great suggesstion! I'm really going to check that out! Thanks for the heads up with the nicotine levels too, really want to keep my lungs lol! That mod looks so badass, I know when I get it it will be a quality experience.

VU Sponsors