Become a Patron!

New to vaping help please

Johnny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Today i decided i wanted to quit smoking and upgrade my old vape that cost me 13 bucks it was a simple tank and greenleaf battery to a ego v v3 mega with a kangertech aerotank v2 i purchased everything from a local vape shop and when i got everything working the battery percent on the digital screen disappeared and currently wont show any more if i charge it and put the adapter just right i can see it for a second should i worry or does anyone know how to go about fixing this store said all deals were final.
~johnnyboy93

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a dodgy center pin on the battery's 510 connector. Clean it very well with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. Also do the same for your atty and charger. If that doesn't work, use a tiny screwdriver and gently (very gently) try to pry the center pin up a little from four sides so it makes contact.

Johnny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you jaaxx much appreciated

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope it works out for ya. That's the most common issue with those batts.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would not go back to the shop you purchased from.

Most places would have no trouble replacing a new yet defective piece of gear!

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't sound like you're rich...and that the setup you invested in cost close to $75.... If the clerk doesn't want to help you, maybe the owner will. A good owner will want to have happy customers, as happy customers say good things about the store, which is good for business. If the attitude of the owner matches the attitude of the clerk, that store won't be around long. Here's something to try on your V3: "TIP: If your battery gets stuck at a set voltage, push both buttons at once to reset it." (from the Virgin Vapor site). And...there might be more info online about problems with the V3.

VU Sponsors