Become a Patron!

New to vaping mod question

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi i just started vaping this black friday. My wife forced me to a vape shop and they had the cuboid mini with a bottle of juice for 29.99 so i got it. Figured its worth a shot and i loved it. However recently i bought a new tank the freemax starre and omg so much better loving the flavor and hit. So my question is what is a good mod that i can run at higher wattage and not worry about the battery dieing so quickly? Currently using the cuboid mini battery with starre tank. Also dont wanna spend more then $60

Sent from my LG-UK495 using Tapatalk

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi i just started vaping this black friday. My wife forced me to a vape shop and they had the cuboid mini with a bottle of juice for 29.99 so i got it. Figured its worth a shot and i loved it. However recently i bought a new tank the freemax starre and omg so much better loving the flavor and hit. So my question is what is a good mod that i can run at higher wattage and not worry about the battery dieing so quickly? Currently using the cuboid mini battery with starre tank. Also dont wanna spend more then $60 also for more info im using the .5 coil and running at 40w in vw mode wanna experience higher wattages but dont want to mess with any tc.

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, new to forums meant to edit that lol

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. Just needing reccomendations on a mod that will last a day or two at like 60 watts

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm really liking the smok alien, but i vape about 15ml a day so def don't get a full day. You might be interested in the rx200s. I had one and was just to big for me.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A decent mod will run ya 30-??
A good charger the luc series are my new fav, or xtar will run you about 20-40 or more depending on the bells and whistles.
Batteries 5-6 per or you can find pair deals. LG or samsung only recommendations.
Might be more than 60 but will last you longer.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you like the mini the full size Cuboid is liked by many here. The RX200s is another one lots of good mod's out there. The only thing is you'll need Batteries and a charger. (don't recommend charging in the mod) LG or Samsung I use https://liionwholesale.com/
You can also get a single battery mod then 2 batteries and and I2 charger. While one is charging the other is vaping. Pico or Evic mini ( have and like both) can be had for around $30-$40.00 on line. 2 Samsung 25R or LG HE2 batteries and a Nitecore I2 charger around $25-&30 total shipped from Liion. That would be a good start. Welcome to the rabbit hole.

EDIT: I don't recommend internal battery mods because it seems like there always on the charger.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Maybe something with an internal battery like the ELeaf iPower 80w- this has a 5000mAh built in battery that is firmware upgradeable very nice price on these too! http://www.cvapor.com/eleaf-ipower-tc-80w-box-mod-with-5000mah-large-capacity.html#
Problem with an internal battery mod is that when the internal battery finally dies(could be months? or years?)- so does the mod. But on the pro side- this would probably last all day vaping or more.

Internal battery mods would be the ELeaf Pico or the Eleaf Aster both 75w external 18650 battery,but those will probably last maybe a few hours and you would need to carry spare batteries with you(in a battery safety case) all you would need to do is switch out the battery.! Easy! You will need 18650 batteries and an external charger like the Nitecore or XTAR! Both these devices are small, fit in the palm of your hand.
http://www.cvapor.com/eleaf-aster-tc-75w-box-mod-powered-by-single-18650-battery.html
http://www.cvapor.com/eleaf-istick-pico-mega-tc-100w-box-mod-powered-by-18650-or-26650-cells.html brand new and will take a 26650 battery that will last longer
http://www.cvapor.com/eleaf-istick-pico-75w-box-mod-supports-vw-bypass-tc-tcr-modes.html
There are all kinds of mods- up to you on what you decide! I have had very good luck with ELeaf products- but there are pricier mods out there too, research, do you want a mod that is small and stealthy- or very large and heavy?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
maybe Smoant Battlestar 200W, it is smal and campatible
love this recommendation. it's a solid mod for sure.
also a smok alien or hpriv all 3 mods can be found for 40 bucks or less and get some 18650 batts and a charger (should be able to get 4 batteries so you have spares and a nitecore charger for aorund 30 bucks total)
for batts get some samsung 30q, Sony VCT6, or LG HG2 (in order from best to worst but all 3 are great choices)
sites illumn.com liionwholesale.com IMRbatteries.com for batts
for the charger you can buy a nitecore charger for like 10 bucks on amazon

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
love this recommendation. it's a solid mod for sure.
also a smok alien or hpriv all 3 mods can be found for 40 bucks or less and get some 18650 batts and a charger (should be able to get 4 batteries so you have spares and a nitecore charger for aorund 30 bucks total)
for batts get some samsung 30q, Sony VCT6, or LG HG2 (in order from best to worst but all 3 are great choices)
sites illumn.com liionwholesale.com IMRbatteries.com for batts
for the charger you can buy a nitecore charger for like 10 bucks on amazon
Used to be a nitecore fan but it was short charging my batteries.
Luc or xtar is a giant quality step up.
If op is just starting out then nitecore until he can upgrade, for some reason I see a 6 bay in his future.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Used to be a nitecore fan but it was short charging my batteries.
Luc or xtar is a giant quality step up.
If op is just starting out then nitecore until he can upgrade, for some reason I see a 6 bay in his future.
yeah nitecore is fine to start with and a cheaper option. have to stick to his budget. I refuse to buy a LUC cause efest is just a shit company in generally and i don't want to support them. Xtar are really nice though the "Cadillac" of chargers. Also hohmtechs new charger looks legit as well. But i'm trying to help him stay in a budget so i went with nitecore

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah nitecore is fine to start with and a cheaper option. have to stick to his budget. I refuse to buy a LUC cause efest is just a shit company in generally and i don't want to support them. Xtar are really nice though the "Cadillac" of chargers. Also hohmtechs new charger looks legit as well. But i'm trying to help him stay in a budget so i went with nitecore
I refute efest but needed a 6 bay and xtar was not released at the time.
BUT I love the luc6

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I refute efest but needed a 6 bay and xtar was not released at the time.
BUT I love the luc6
i hear you. the efest chargers are good though i just hate the company for their shit rewrapped batts and trying to sue mooch for exposing them.
I have the xtar queen ant MC6 and it's a nice ass charger

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the advice and info! I just got the istick 100 using 1 battery the efest 2600mah atm also bought the efest soda charger. What would be a good set of 2 batteries for this device? Using my wifes extra battery atm

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for all the advice and info! I just got the istick 100 using 1 battery the efest 2600mah atm also bought the efest soda charger. What would be a good set of 2 batteries for this device? Using my wifes extra battery atm

Samsung 30q would be ideal
http://www.illumn.com/18650-samsung-3000mah-inr18650-30q-high-discharge-flat-top.html
6 bucks each and when you buy in pairs they send you a free battery case with it which is nice

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like directvapor do they have any? Sorry new to this so only trust one site atm

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I like directvapor do they have any? Sorry new to this so only trust one site atm

these are the sites to buy form and the batteries to buy. illumn is much safer to buy from then directvapor when it comes to batteries. trust me everyone here knowns all the good sites by now ;) other good options are liionwholesale.com and imrbatteries.com
it's much better to purchase batteries from an actual battery site then a vape site.
image-jpeg.600623

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok thanks. The manual for the istick 100 tc says it requires 2 18650 highrate with a discharge current that should be above 25A first time buying batteries so wanna make 100% sure

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So would 2 of the greenwrap 25r samsungs be good?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So would 2 of the greenwrap 25r samsungs be good?

25r's are a good solid battery, just insure you get them from a reputable source. I get pretty much all mine from IMRBatteries.com or Liionwholesale.com

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. I will also go to my local vape shop and see if they have any

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Make sure you don't get talked into eFest, IMRen, etc. Those are all shit batteries, stick only with authentic LG, Samnsung or Sony

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Nope those three sites.
Or 101vape.
That is all I trust period.
Went to a couple locals and they were triple charging for 25r like 18bucks per single and upon further research they were fakes at that.
Depending on local any of those 4 sites will get you batteries stupid fast like by monday

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok and the I stick 100w tc manual said the vtc4 Sony would be recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok and the I stick 100w tc manual said the vtc4 Sony would be recommended

Good battery, I prefer the Sony VTC5a's myself. VTC4's are 1500mAh and 23 amps, VTC5a's are 2600mAh and 25 amps.

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I will probably get the vtc5 then when I looked it up the vtc5 was like 30amps. The manual said it should be above 25a

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I will probably get the vtc5 then when I looked it up the vtc5 was like 30amps. The manual said it should be above 25a

then you are golden.
I could have sworn the vtc5 were tested at 20 but still unless you are pushing 100w you are still golden.

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome thanks

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's weird then so the vtc4 is 20amps so is the vtc5 but I stick said should be above 25amp maybe they are counting both the batteries

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
somehow I get the feeling within a couple months you will have some crazy and atty breaking the laws of physics and pissing of NOAA.

Legit vtc are solid as they come.

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What lol I'm lost

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USPS fucks me stupid when it comes from them not 101.
yeah but any other Vendor like VaperDNA, Beyond Vape, etc. I've had an order turn up missing. I call them up, they send me another order and they are the ones who file the claim with the Post Office, Vape101 just told me to fuck off.

I'll never buy from them again

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just missing with ya, more fall way overboard once they get a good set up.
VTC are solid no matter what and can run it, so if they are legit and will be from those sites then you will be using them for years.
I have some that are in rotation for a few years now.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Stick with what Mooch has tested and is on his recommended battery list

Sony VTC4 23 amps
Sony VTC5 20 amps
Sony VTC5a 25 amps

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
25r's are a good solid battery, just insure you get them from a reputable source. I get pretty much all mine from IMRBatteries.com or Liionwholesale.com
They are but you'll have less life compared to the 30q. The manuals suck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so when they said above 25amps is that counting both batteries or 1

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok so when they said above 25amps is that counting both batteries or 1

Per battery but don't listen to the manual. A 20 amp battery is good for 75 watts. 2 of them is good for 150. Your mod is limited to 100. Your safe with 2p amps. If u want a 25 amp battery get a vct5a

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok thank you I'm all paranoid about it lol ok I'll will probably get a vtc5a then

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok also so sorry I didn't read all the replies you awesome people posted. So much info here loving it! So the nightcore charger was recommended and the Samsung 30q batteries. Unfortunately I already bought the efest soda charger before I saw the replies and the post of them rewrapping batteries. So not got support them anymore that's bullshit. Also the pico looks cool I am liking my istick 100w tc. Don't use tc just wattage mode but I see myself getting the alien mod very soon lol

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn lol looking now I should have gotten the pico or the battle star 200w lol well live and learn. Gona order those vtc5a and call it good for now.

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SirRichard you said the 30q would have very good battery life and be compatible with my istick 100w tc? I want as much battery life as I can get lol

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those would be LG cat turds, longest mah currently and decent amp rating.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
SirRichard you said the 30q would have very good battery life and be compatible with my istick 100w tc? I want as much battery life as I can get lol

Yes 30q will give u best battery life and more then safe enough for you. I run 30q in all my mods

VU Sponsors