New to Vaping, Need Advice

Discussion in 'How do I get started?' started by Erbosero, Dec 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Erbosero

Erbosero New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone,
    I have decided to get myself a Box mod(not one of those vape pens or cigalikes) and I need some advice.
    The question is what setup is good for beginners ?

I looked at some reviews and both the Joyetech Evic VTC MINI and the Kangertech Subox Mini are recommended. Are these really good beginner devices and would you get one of them or something completely different ?

Thanks in advance,
    Erbo

2. gakudzu

gakudzu Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I started off with a Kanger Nano(basically same as a Mini), and wish I had found something more like a SMOK Alien/Baby Beast kit first. But it may be too much for you, if you prefer MTL.

Carhauler71 likes this.
  3. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Nautilus mini atty with a Eleaf Pico mod is a proven winner for moving up the vape chain

4. SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    this is a proven MTL setup for people looking to get off cigs.

snake94115 likes this.
  5. Coval51

Coval51 VU Vendor VU Vendor Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Joyetech Ego AIO is my favorite starter kit. It comes in various tube format sizes and they even have a box version.

ego-aio-black-1-min_large.jpg ego-one-blue-1-a_large.jpg joyetech-aio-d16-blue-1_large.jpg joyetech-ego_aio_box-black-1_large.jpg

Whitesoxfan2579 likes this.
  6. Whitesoxfan2579

Whitesoxfan2579 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    The AIO is always a solid choice.

7. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Lucy's suggestion is perfect for starting out, and it allows you to grow into other, more advanced options, since it will vape in regular power mode, or to progress into TC. I love my Pico and use it daily. The VTC mini is also a solid choice. I use that one daily, and it also allows you to progress.

snake94115, Whiskey and Markw4mms like this.
  8. PhantomOp

PhantomOp VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Just to agree --- I still use my Pico on a daily basis (my goto work MOD) ... even though I've advanced well beyond ...
    I also started out with a Kanger Toptank Nano and Mini tanks --- they are good for MTL, so is the Nautilus mini.

Whiskey likes this.
  9. snake94115

snake94115 Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Might be too airy for somebody just making the switch.Lost my damn notebook so can't find my last recommendation.So I'm just going to toss my 2 cents in with Miss Lucy...Cheers!

By the way Sweet-Vapes has both the Nautilus Mini and the Pico Mega in stock and they have those awesome Clapton Coils too!!
    Talk about 1 stop shopping...Dude!
    All you'll need is some E-liquid and you're good to go.
    Links For Hardware Below

http://sweet-vapes.com/eleaf-istick-pico-mega-tc-base.html
    http://sweet-vapes.com/tanks/aspire/aspire-nautilus/aspire-nautilus-mini.html
    http://sweet-vapes.com/tanks/aspire/aspire-coils/aspire-triton-mini-nautilus-coils.html

EDIT : AND BEFORE ANYBODY ASKS NO I DO NOT WORK FOR SWEET-VAPES!

10. PhantomOp

PhantomOp VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Carhauler71 and SirRichardRear like this.
  11. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    All good options and congrats on making the decision to make the switch!!
    I put together some info that helped me along the way, as well as information gathered from a lot of the other vet vapors. hopefully it can help answer some questions, or help make the switch seamless for you.

http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/author/f1r3b1rd.19028/

To starter recommendations, if all you want is off the cigs, I would say the AIO or the innoken endura, both simulate a cigarettes draw nearly perfect. If you're wanting to explore vaping deeper, I would say the Nautilus mini and pico. You can upgrade the tank later for minimal investment and use the same mod for a while.
    You can do the same with the evic min, that's my girlfriends go to mod, and it is an excellent performer.
    But, the important thing is that you find what works for you, to keep you off the cigs.
    Best of luck!

snake94115 and PhantomOp like this.
  12. SmokinJoe23

SmokinJoe23 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I quit with a Kanger subox mini a couple years ago. I definitely suggest a starter kit at first until you get your gear and knowledge up because kits usually come with everything you need. I would go with the pico kit if it was me.

13. snake94115

snake94115 Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts: