Become a Patron!

New to vaping, need help setting up IPV5 mod

Ok so I purchased an IPV5 vape mod off of ebay, and im currently just using it to blow clouds (Or at least trying to) I am using a tsunami RDA and I have 8 different coils that came with this "Demon killer" coil pack. I'm currently using the "Alien Clapton Coil" with 6pcs and 0.45 ohm.

I'll provide any information needed. I just want to be able to blow big clouds, but whenever I inhale a lot of it, I cough blowing it back out.Is that normal, or bad?

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage are you running it at? What type of juice are you using? What mix ratio? Cuz it could be to high pg ratio for you, nicotine mg?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What wattage are you running it at? What type of juice are you using? What mix ratio? Cuz it could be to high pg ratio for you, nicotine mg?

I can provide a picture of the actual juice container. I don't know where or how to find out that information, but i know there is no nicotine in my juicesDSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG . I'm running it at 50 watts currently, but for some reason it feels like im sucking up the last bit of water from the bottom of a cup through a straw whenever I breath it in.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can provide a picture of the actual juice container. I don't know where or how to find out that information, but i know there is no nicotine in my juicesView attachment 70275 View attachment 70276 . I'm running it at 50 watts currently, but for some reason it feels like im sucking up the last bit of water from the bottom of a cup through a straw whenever I breath it in.
For cloud chasing you want an 80vg/20pg ratio at least if not max vg. The ratio you have is part of your problem

For cloud chasing you want an 80vg/20pg ratio at least if not max vg. The ratio you have is part of your problem

OK so can you tell me what vg and of are? And is my wattage OK? Also what's the popping sound and it feels like I'm breathing juice in? How can I fix this?

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vg is vegetable glycerin which produces the cloud and is smoother , pg is propylene glycol which it flavor carrier and helps give throat hit. You want a high vg ratio for more clouds (also for a smoother vape. The popping nails is just your coils,that happens with twisted wire builds. And the way it feels when you hit it isn't gonna change until you switch to a ejuice with a higher vg ratio , if your just starting out completely new to vaping it also takes a few days for your lungs to get used to it regardless

Vg is vegetable glycerin which produces the cloud and is smoother , pg is propylene glycol which it flavor carrier and helps give throat hit. You want a high vg ratio for more clouds (also for a smoother vape. The popping nails is just your coils,that happens with twisted wire builds. And the way it feels when you hit it isn't gonna change until you switch to a ejuice with a higher vg ratio , if your just starting out completely new to vaping it also takes a few days for your lungs to get used to it regardless

OK that's helpful :) I appreciate it. Can you tell me what the max vg is that I can get?

Also what would be a good wattage for blowing big clouds

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK that's helpful :) I appreciate it. Can you tell me what the max vg is that I can get?
You can get 100% vg based juice just gotta look around, most max vg blends are anywhere from 80-100% vg
Also what would be a good wattage for blowing big clouds
Depends on your build and how you hit it. Honestly your best bet is to start low wattage and work your way up a little bit at a time

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It also varies from company to company. I diy so haven't had to worry about finding juices that fit my tastes I just make what I like :)

VU Sponsors