Become a Patron!

New to vaping questions

Hi. So as the title says, i am new to vaping. I am planning to get a e-cig this week. A innokin itaste CLK to be exact. I am wanting to know if that is the right way to go for a newbie? Its right in my budget and i have researched. Just wanting to get some ideas from here. Thanks :)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The CLK is a decent starter. But you can get more bang for your buck now days. If interested in something other than pen style a istick or ipv3 mini may be a good fit. That istick is SMALL.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome and I am glad you found us!

Let me ask you a couple of questions so we can give you the best advice.

First of all, what is your budget for your hardware and a week or more supply of E-Liquid.?

And what are you currently smoking and how much are you smoking?

Also, what are your favorite dessert, candy, beverage and Bakery flavors? If you can think of a flavor you like, there is someone that makes a E-Liquid flavor that taste like it. And throw in Tobacco flavors as well if you like. However, Tobacco is one of the hardest flavors to get right so I normally suggest that a new vaper goes with the categories that I first mentioned.

The more we know, the better we can help you!

Like i don't want to spend over 50. Like I stopped by a local vape store and the itaste was in my budget. I am not smoking too much. before i stopped smoking, i smoked about a cig a day. I found a flavor at the store i was at, but i just want to get something not too sweet.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you being serious or did you mis type that?
Before you quit, you smoked one cigarette a day?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you smoked one a day, why are you interested in vaping?

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No i am serious. More like a pack every 2 weeks. I wasn't a the biggest smoker. The most i smoked was a pack a week
I haven't used the itaste, but it looks like it would do the trick for the occasional vaper. Did you have a particular topper in mind. You probably wouldn't need to go above 10mg or so nic. I started with 24mg nic and I am now down to 9mg. But I smoked a pack a day for 34 years. Good luck.

BAREFOOTJUNKER

Member For 5 Years
Lol a coffin nail a day... Whats the point in bothering then, it will cost you more to vape then your smoking habit for 6 months did... js

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well my thoughts were " why use nic at all?!".
One smoke a day? Don't do either. Why take any risk at all if you don't want or need the nicotine.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you only smoked one cig a day, I think you should get juice without any nicotine. 0mg nic and just go for the flavor you like. If you are just vaping a few times a day, any tank/battery should be fine.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy fuck. The man asked for advice, not a judgement on his smoking habits.

I haven't used the CLK but it appears to me that it will suit your needs well enough. It won't have a very long battery life but with the passthrough and light vaping load you'll put on it, it should last you awhile.

I say go for it if it's the one that caught your attention.

Happy vaping!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You guys are gonna run him off. If he wants to vape, help him get started. Maybe he'll like it and turn other smokers on to it. Some of these posts sound like they belong at ecf, not here.
OP- innokin makes good stuff. 15 max watts of variable power made by them is a great device to start with. Go for it. That device will even allow you to step up to something like a kayfun and have enough power to have it perform well. It'll run basic clearomizers just fine and gives you a little room to grow with if you need it. Good first power supply.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I drink ONE beer a week.

So now I wanna make my own. Which equipment should I buy?
:confused:

Why da fuck, would someone recommend he waste ANY money on vaping stuff? If he doesn't smoke (because one a day isn't an addiction, it's just for the "cool" factor), then why should he vape? To fit in with the "cool guys"?

He doesn't need anyone recommending him jack shit. If he wants to vape, let him buy whatever he wants. It's not gonna be DEPENDED on. He doesn't smoke, so he will not be relying on his equipment day in and out, like a smoker would.

I don't GAS if he wants to vape. Personal decision. Just like it's mine to not be real helpful. Personally, I think it's stupid to start vaping if you are not a tobacco user. What's the point?

Well I think this thread may have already clued him in to the fact that people who vape may not always be "cool".

I drink ONE beer a week.

Why da fuck, would someone recommend he waste ANY money on vaping stuff? If he doesn't smoke (because one a day isn't an addiction, it's just for the "cool" factor), then why should he vape? To fit in with the "cool guys"?

He doesn't need anyone recommending him jack shit. If he wants to vape, let him buy whatever he wants. It's not gonna be DEPENDED on. He doesn't smoke, so he will not be relying on his equipment day in and out, like a smoker would.

I don't GAS if he wants to vape. Personal decision. Just like it's mine to not be real helpful. Personally, I think it's stupid to start vaping if you are not a tobacco user. What's the point?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sure. Because it's much cooler to encourage a non smoker to start vaping right? Maybe someone should also suggest he start out with a 36 nic level too.......

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I shouldn't make my own beer cause I'm not an alcoholic. I shouldn't tinker with my engine cause I'm not a race car driver. I guess I shouldn't be able to make any of my own decisions about my wants because wants aren't needs and if I don't need it I'm a dumbass for wanting and doing it anyway. I think I want a vape.........Ahhh, nice.

Um who recommended 36 nic? Oh that's right, no one.

Maybe you don't intend too but you are totally coming across like an elitist ass hat. "hay this is my subculture, go get your own you fucking poser" something like that.

They guy just asked for advice on how not to waste his money.

Sure. Because it's much cooler to encourage a non smoker to start vaping right? Maybe someone should also suggest he start out with a 36 nic level too.......

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drink ONE beer a week.

He wants to. Go be a Momma to someone else.

It would appear "freemind" isn't a descriptive username. ;)

Last edited:
D

Donald Bickers

popcorn23.gif

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If the guy isn't truly a smoker, telling him he'd be better off not smoking at all or starting to vape is probably a valid point to make. Of course talking to him like you're his dad might be a little much. Regardless, once that opinion has been expressed, if he still wants advice on vape gear I'm willing to help. At this point though, I'd be surprised if he comes back. He's probably over at ecf right now. o_O Oh well.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
He wants to. Go be a Momma to someone else.

It would appear "freemind" isn't a descriptive username. ;)
GFY.....

You are an idiot if you think encouraging non smokers to vape or smoke is a good idea. It's the people that act like stupid asses and vape where they shouldn't, people that think it's just fine to be an idiot and tell EVERYONE to vape, and those encouraging stupid behavior, that are screaming examples to the FDA and the like, WHY they NEED to regulate vaping.

Sure, I suppose the handle I have had since the BB days, just doesn't describe me. After all, I use more than TWO brain cells, unlike the local horses ass.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GFY.....

You are an idiot if you think encouraging non smokers to vape or smoke is a good idea. It's the people that act like stupid asses and vape where they shouldn't, people that think it's just fine to be an idiot and tell EVERYONE to vape, and those encouraging stupid behavior, that are screaming examples to the FDA and the like, WHY they NEED to regulate vaping.

Sure, I suppose the handle I have had since the BB days, just doesn't describe me. After all, I use more than TWO brain cells, unlike the local horses ass.

One cigarette a day is still a smoker. And over time that one cigarette will for absolute sure turn into more.... I know a ton of people who were 'social smokers' for years and then turned into more regular smokers.

We're all in agreement that vaping is better than smoking.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, slinging personal insults and telling people to go fuck themselves huh? Clever. Goodbye.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One cigarette a day is still a smoker. And over time that one cigarette will for absolute sure turn into more.... I know a ton of people who were 'social smokers' for years and then turned into more regular smokers.

We're all in agreement that vaping is better than smoking.

As much as one beer a day is an alcoholic.

It's cool though. I'm sure the ant's just LOVE it when people can't see the forest for the trees.

Doesn't matter that vaping IS a much better alternative. This thread feeds right into what anti's say about vaping attracting kids. People here were/are encouraging a non smoker to buy into vaping. And for what purpose? "I do it, so you should too"?

Come on....

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GFY.....

There are some problems with your rant.

1. The man is 22 years old. I didn't ask him to smoke nor vape. I didn't stick a butt nor a driptip in his lips. He did that of his own free will and more power to him. All he is asking here is the best method to do so. He didn't ask if you thought he should.

2. His begining to smoke or vape is no dumber than you continuing to vape. Get off your high horse VAPER. You can quit vaping any time you like but continue to do it. You might consider that your "more than' two brain cells have separate opinions. You can vape, but no one else better do it.

3. Starting vaping is still better than starting smoking, IMO.

4. You are off topic. He asked about a battery. He didn't ask if he should vape.

I see no need for VU to vet every poster to see if they qualify to your standards for approval. I think the adults can make their own choice. The FDA has not banned cigarettes because a 22 year old started smoking and they are not gonna ban vaping because a 22 year old started vaping.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's cool though. I'm sure the ant's just LOVE it when people can't see the forest for the trees.

Doesn't matter that vaping IS a much better alternative. This thread feeds right into what anti's say about vaping attracting kids. People here were/are encouraging a non smoker to buy into vaping. And for what purpose? "I do it, so you should too"?

Come on....

He's not a non smoker if he smokes a cigarette every day - he wouldn't be a nonsmoker if he smoked a cigarette every week. Alcoholism is hardly in the same category. But I suspect you're now just commenting to argue.

And in case you were wondering I'm the last person who would encourage a true nonsmoker to take up vaping just for the hobby.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Come on....

Ummmm. The OP is a 22 year old man. It has nothing to do with kids and presenting it that way is pure fallacy.

GFY.....

I was trying to be nice when I said
Maybe you don't intend too but you are totally coming across like an elitist ass hat.

But the more you keep posting the more I keep thinking you don't just sound like an elitist ass hat, maybe you really are one. But maybe you are just having a bad day.

P.S. I don't need you to save me from the FDA, get off your soap box.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol. Elitist ass hat. Awesome!

Know what? I really don't GAF. I see the dip shits running the shops with the identical attitude.

What? Worry about high school kids vaping? Awe man! No way. We can do what the fuck ever we want! If you smoke ONE cigarette a day you are a SMOKER, but if you drink one beer a day, your not a alcoholic! WOOOOO! Let's fill a plane full of VAPE! Yay!

I am convinced people lack the ability to use logic and think for themselves. I guess the anti's are infinitely smarter. They are gonna get legislation to kill vaping and/or regulate the ever loving shit out of it. Vapers be like DAMN! What happened?!

Just keep ignoring what they are saying.

Stupid is, as stupid does. Run Forest, RUN.

Can't wait for the pending legislation. I'm gonna bust a gut at the asswipes that think using your brain was a bad thing. They forget, they are not the ones with the power of the pen.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are no high school kids posting in this thread.

The argument is moot and ridiculous.

Lol. Elitist ass hat. Awesome!

Know what? I really don't GAF. I see the dip shits running the shops with the identical attitude.

What? Worry about high school kids vaping? Awe man! No way. We can do what the fuck ever we want! If you smoke ONE cigarette a day you are a SMOKER, but if you drink one beer a day, your not a alcoholic! WOOOOO! Let's fill a plane full of VAPE! Yay!

I am convinced people lack the ability to use logic and think for themselves. I guess the anti's are infinitely smarter. They are gonna get legislation to kill vaping and/or regulate the ever loving shit out of it. Vapers be like DAMN! What happened?!

Just keep ignoring what they are saying.

Stupid is, as stupid does. Run Forest, RUN.

Can't wait for the pending legislation. I'm gonna bust a gut at the asswipes that think using your brain was a bad thing. They forget, they are not the ones with the power of the pen.

Oh yes, I am sure you are right. One day all of us poser vapers will be wishing we had of headed the warnings of the one true vaper FREEMIND. If only we had listen to him!!!! What do we do now!!! All is lost !!!!

Delusional much?

D

Donald Bickers

I just went rhrough the visitor list and Jayvape14 is no where to be seen,,,,and it wouldn't surprise me if he never comes back !!!!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are no high school kids posting in this thread.

The argument is moot and ridiculous.

Right.
Because we all had to show ID at the door, right?
Just like there are no high school kids buying juice and shit at my local B&M's either (wink wink).

Letterman jackets? What letterman jacket? I don't see kids coming in the door wearing no stinking letterman jackets (wink wink).

What I find ridiculous is the willful ignorance. It's happening and everyone knows it. Maybe if we ignore it enough, or just bullshit enough, the anti's will believe us.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right.
Because we all had to show ID at the door, right?
Just like there are no high school kids buying juice and shit at my local B&M's either (wink wink).

Letterman jackets? What letterman jacket? I don't see kids coming in the door wearing no stinking letterman jackets (wink wink).

What I find ridiculous is the willful ignorance. It's happening and everyone knows it. Maybe if we ignore it enough, or just bullshit enough, the anti's will believe us.

You took a question about a battery and turned it into the above comment?

Really?

:rolleyes:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy steaming fecal matter! This thread is ridiculous! Reminds me of Bob Saget in half baked when Dave went to NA... While that shit is hilarious, is an addiction deemed less risky, not still an addiction? If someone who smokes 1 cigarette a day switches to 1 vape session a a day is that person not lowering his or her risk the same as a pack a day to 20 vape sessions a day person? It says repeatedly this is a forum for adults, therefore I consider all members to be adults. Adults who make your own decisions, this one came for advice and was belittled for doing so. I'm seeing way too much elitism here now, threads taken over, members ran off.
I just want everyone to know my mods bigger than yours!

D

Donald Bickers

Holy steaming fecal matter! This thread is ridiculous! Reminds me of Bob Saget in half baked when Dave went to NA... While that shit is hilarious, is an addiction deemed less risky, not still an addiction? If someone who smokes 1 cigarette a day switches to 1 vape session a a day is that person not lowering his or her risk the same as a pack a day to 20 vape sessions a day person? It says repeatedly this is a forum for adults, therefore I consider all members to be adults. Adults who make your own decisions, this one came for advice and was belittled for doing so. I'm seeing way too much elitism here now, threads taken over, members ran off.
I just want everyone to know my mods bigger than yours!
I agree,Jayvape14, probably ran with his tail tucked,hopefully he will be back,This forum is awesome,but he didn't have a very good first impression!!!!!

As a non-smoker I started vaping to help me cut down on snacking and beer drinking and it has worked great for both. I am steadily losing weight and I have no food or beer cravings. Vaping works beautifully to calm me when I feel anxious or jittery.

People can have many different types of addictive behaviors and I think vaping can be very helpful with a lot of them. Just because someone is not a smoker doesn't mean that they are free of addictive, unhealthy behaviors or cravings. Actually I think most people would benefit from some kind of ritualized soothing activity and vaping seems to fit the bill perfectly. :)

Mr Bungle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that escalated quickly. But, um...kudos for the points made, Time

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Wow shame on all the fighting honestly. We are supposed to help our fellow vapors. And to answer your question and this is my opinion and I'll say it a hundred times because that's how much I love it eleaf istick and nautilus mini. Regardless of how much you smoke it is a great all day vape device ;)

wish

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh , I 'm sorry I have any idea about that .;)

VU Sponsors