Become a Patron!

New to vaping seeking advice

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm alright I'll just have to jump out there and read reviews and make a decession when ready.. Also what are your guys thoughts on rayon wicking?

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i started with silica, moved to cotton, then ramie fiber, finally settleled on readyxwick(ceramic rope)
skipped rayon

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AND THIS IS WHERE
THE BIG DRIPPER RDTA COMES IN...GO CHECK IT OUT
DRAGON.....
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Mtlblade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
you dont need to jump strait into rda rta they still sell plenty of dripping bridgless atomizers. get a few low res ones and see if you enjoy the flavor and can put up with having to keep dripping

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Didn't you want more flavor and vapor??
That's the answer START DRIPPING, TANK SYSTEM WILL NOT MAKE you quit the nicotine cravings!
Drip on a 3-6 mg nicotine instead of 12-18mg on a tank system...
MODS/ATTY
I suggest get theCARTEL MODS MECH MOD/STILLARE ATTY by INFINITE,, If you have the money they buy the REAL ones... I hope this helps..

Whoa now, Your giving a New Vaper all the wrong answers!! Every vaper takes baby steps.
MAYBE 2 years ago, yeah I will not suggest dripping for NEWBIES, but come on now, dripping is not so complicated, u drip u vape boom!! You don't have to explore and waste money on this disposables tank system..he already said it he wants
FLAVOR
VAPOR
as long as you kept watching rip trippers on YT you be aight!!! IMO...
MVP? PLEASE....
Rip Trippers LMFAO.... o_O... He is ok, just a wacko with a huge vapor fetish... :rolleyes: just saying! I don't watch him, not very informational

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whoa now, Your giving a New Vaper all the wrong answers!! Every vaper takes baby steps.

Rip Trippers LMFAO.... o_O... He is ok, just a wacko with a huge vapor fetish... :rolleyes: just saying! I don't watch him, not very informational

U don't watch him, but u know hes a wacko???? Hmmmmmmmm
Baby

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
U don't watch him, but u know hes a wacko???? Hmmmmmmmm
Baby
Sorry let me re-write that, I've seen a "few" vids... I'd rather watch Grimm/Amber/Tink/Phil/I.S./Twisted/Dimitri etc.... much more informative & helpful + down to earth!!!

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Hmm alright I'll just have to jump out there and read reviews and make a decession when ready.. Also what are your guys thoughts on rayon wicking?
I'll take Natural wicking material's such as Organic Cotton, Koga/Koh Gen Do Japanese Cotton's or even Ready XWick over Rayon :eek:

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see thanks if u guys see any good rbas for a good price post a link thx

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I see thanks if u guys see any good rbas for a good price post a link thx

Just a friendly suggestion, DON'T listen to ej1024... Your starting out and need to do, what your comfortable with. NOT what someone pushes you to use!!!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya I figured he might not be a good information source thanks I'm going to be doing alot of research
OK do your research, ask questions, if there is a local B&M worth a shit in your area go get some hands on exposure.
If the battery has fire in the name do not use it.

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you sir I have been going to vapetexas.com they are online and have 1 store a block from my house great guys but I will be posting questions as I learn more and am looking forward to more advice thx

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep reading the kayfun rba atomizer is a good simple rba for on the go ?

Yes it's an awesome rba. I started out rebuilding with a Russian 91%, which is essentially the same the thing. I find the flavor of a kayfun or Russian91 to be superior than that of any of the tanks with premade coils, that I've tried, and when wicked properly. It's a great rebuildable to get you started into coil building, wicking, and all that jazz. If money is an issue I'd start out with an ehpro Kayfun + v2. If not grab an authentic SvoeMesto kayfun lite+ v2 or Russian 91%. I prefer the draw on the Russian 91%, it's a little more airy.

.. Also what are your guys thoughts on rayon wicking?

I personally don't have a problem with rayon. I have 500ft of the stuff, well more like 490 now... want some? lol. It's a efficient wicking material. Some people have an issue with it because it's a semi-synthetic fiber. The whole manmade vs natural debate.. but I understand the reasoning behind people's reservations about it. According to pbusardo organic Japanese cotton wicks just as well, with potentially* less risk. There hasn't been a study done on the safety of any of the wicking material that we use, at least not one that I know of. So, it basically just boils down to what you're more comfortable with.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you sir I have been going to vapetexas.com they are online and have 1 store a block from my house great guys but I will be posting questions as I learn more and am looking forward to more advice thx
Dude not sure where conroe is but there are tons of pretty kick ass vape shops down there.
Craving vapor is one. I have done a few small orders from them and they are pretty on the ball with stuff.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Since my last response didn't even get a comment I'm not putting in much energy in this time ;)

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry mofo missed ya last time thanks for the advice big nasty do clones do the same thing as authentic ones?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry mofo missed ya last time thanks for the advice big nasty do clones do the same thing as authentic ones?

Most from decent clone companies do, some work better than others.
Hcigar, tobecco and ehpro are the major clone companies out there.
All my tobeccos work, my one ehpro works and my hcigar mech mod died a horrible melty death but it worked.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@divingdragoon,
IST you want the flavor
2nd you want more vapor...
I suggested start learning how to drip,BECAUSE that's the only way you can achieve what ur asking for...
3rd, i suggested to get help from VU,YTUBE,VAPE SHOPS ETCCC...
4TH,I'm NOT trying to push you to do anything you don't want to do..
5th,kayfun,kraken,taifun etc... All this RTA will not give you the experience u want to achievE, you gon have to learn how to BUILD on RTA's...
6th,i do own and vape on rta's 26650 kayfun,taifun gt,protank giant, Prometheus,3d dripper hybrid tank, protank 1,2,3 iclear 30 b tank.
7th,you will save more money by skipping experimenting on RTA'S
8TH you don't have to do what i suggested..
9th IMO
10,you have to stick on what you like to achieve...FLAVOR AND VAPOR AND THAT'S DRIPPING.
AGAIN!! I'm not PUSHING YOU, I'm just responding to what you asked for,WHICH IS FLAVOR AND VAPOR!
VAPE ON!!
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most from decent clone companies do, some work better than others.
Hcigar, tobecco and ehpro are the major clone companies out there.
All my tobeccos work, my one ehpro works and my hcigar mech mod died a horrible melty death but it worked.
I don't agree...
INFINITE IS THE BEST CLONER!!

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@divingdragoon,
IST you want the flavor
2nd you want more vapor...
I suggested start learning how to drip,BECAUSE that's the only way you can achieve what ur asking for...
3rd, i suggested to get help from VU,YTUBE,VAPE SHOPS ETCCC...
4TH,I'm NOT trying to push you to do anything you don't want to do..
5th,kayfun,kraken,taifun etc... All this RTA will not give you the experience u want to achievE, you gon have to learn how to BUILD on RTA's...
6th,i do own and vape on rta's 26650 kayfun,taifun gt,protank giant, Prometheus,3d dripper hybrid tank, protank 1,2,3 iclear 30 b tank.
7th,you will save more money by skipping experimenting on RTA'S
8TH you don't have to do what i suggested..
9th IMO
10,you have to stick on what you like to achieve...FLAVOR AND VAPOR AND THAT'S DRIPPING.
AGAIN!! I'm not PUSHING YOU, I'm just responding to what you asked for,WHICH IS FLAVOR AND VAPOR!
VAPE ON!!
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

He asked about the kayfun for something on the go. Yes dripping will give you more flavor and vapor at the expense of having to drip. It's not convenient on the go unless you own a reo, some other bottom feed device, or a rtda. Some of your statements are completely over bearing. I know that you're trying to help, but you come off like a know it all dick.. and you most certainly don't. I saw it in another thread also. I'm sure that's not your intentions and please forgive me for being so blunt. Learn how to convey yourself without shitting all over everyone else, please and thank you.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't agree...
INFINITE IS THE BEST CLONER!!

That's an opinion. Yes some of their clones are superior to other manufacturer's clones. Some are garbage. They couldn't even get the 4nine clone right.. the original is 49mm, hence the name 4nine, the infinite clone is 51mm ffs. I wouldn't be brand loyal when looking for clones. I'd research it and buy whichever brand did the best job.

The major players have all been listed in previous posts. Tobecco,ehpro,hcigar, and infinite. There's a few other, less known, manufacturers out there that also do a good job.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
OK I know I might get tacked to a set of crossed sticks for this...

Gennies are kind of a picky bitch, instead of plunking 150 down to see if you like it other clones of the same design can be had sub 30 bucks, then if you like it and want to spend the 150 go for it.

My own Gennie is sitting in my box of possibles until the next time I am over medicated and not as unacceptable to frustration that is building them correctly.

I can totally clean and build a Kayfun in about 20 minutes from start to finish. And that included digging out my bag of tools, and figuring out which liquid I am going to fill it with.

And researching new vaping toys before purchasing them is half the fun anyway!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My own Gennie is sitting in my box of possibles until the next time I am over medicated and not as unacceptable to frustration that is building them correctly.

I can totally clean and build a Kayfun in about 20 minutes from start to finish. And that included digging out my bag of tools, and figuring out which liquid I am going to fill it with.

And researching new vaping toys before purchasing them is half the fun anyway!
RSST, aga t2 sitting next to the over hyped wonky out of the box custom creations kayfun black edition.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He asked about the kayfun for something on the go. Yes dripping will give you more flavor and vapor at the expense of having to drip. It's not convenient on the go unless you own a reo, some other bottom feed device, or a rtda. Some of your statements are completely over bearing. I know that you're trying to help, but you come off like a know it all dick.. and you most certainly don't. I saw it in another thread also. I'm sure that's not your intentions and please forgive me for being so blunt. Learn how to convey yourself without shitting all over everyone else, please and thank you.

You obviously didn't read from THREAD #1
I only talk about stuff I know, but one thing is very TRUE, if u want flavor and vapor you have to drip, it don't matter what other vaper say here,pt,kfl,I CLEAR, EVOD,nautilus,they all will not give the experience the OP is asking for... ON THE GO? YES
you can use a DRIPPER on the go, a lot of RDA's now a days have deep enough "WELL". I noticed from the comments on this thread, you all think dripping is only for CLOUD CHASERs and advanced USERS... NOPE!!!
YOU don't have to be ADVANCED USER to drip, YES! its something you have to learn and research about...but it doesn't mean you can't do DRIP cuz ur newBIE....AGAIN
IM NOT PUSHING THE OP
IMO. VAPE ON!

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You obviously didn't read from THREAD #1
I only talk about stuff I know, but one thing is very TRUE, if u want flavor and vapor you have to drip, it don't matter what other vaper say here,pt,kfl,I CLEAR, EVOD,nautilus,they all will not give the experience the OP is asking for... ON THE GO? YES
you can use a DRIPPER on the go, a lot of RDA's now a days have deep enough "WELL". I noticed from the comments on this thread, you all think dripping is only for CLOUD CHASERs and advanced USERS... NOPE!!!
YOU don't have to be ADVANCED USER to drip, YES! its something you have to learn and research about...but it doesn't mean you can't do DRIP cuz ur newBIE....AGAIN
IM NOT PUSHING THE OP
IMO. VAPE ON!
Not fer nuthin, but the reason we can't vape at work is due to cloud chasing drippers. Seems the was makin a spectacle of themselves and management said wtf.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not fer nuthin, but the reason we can't vape at work is due to cloud chasing drippers. Seems the was makin a spectacle of themselves and management said wtf.
Gramps
Those IRRESPONSIBLE CLOUD CHASERS are the reason why vapers get bad reps.... I cloud chase but that's when I'm at home, I don't do it in public,in my car, I do drip at work but I make sure I'm using my single coil built and a mouth to lung hit/draw.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have one speed on my fog machine setting... what keeps me off of burnt tobacco.
I do it in public on the street, I do it in a car, I do it at the buss and train stops... But I do not blow clouds in people's faces or stand upwind from them being a total douche bag.
I answer questions, refer them to VU and gasp ecf, tell them to get fucked when the talk about CBD thc oils or daub.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one speed on my fog machine setting... what keeps me off of burnt tobacco.
I do it in public on the street, I do it in a car, I do it at the buss and train stops... But I do not blow clouds in people's faces or stand upwind from them being a total douche bag.
I answer questions, refer them to VU and gasp ecf, tell them to get fucked when the talk about CBD thc oils or daub.

Are u typing too fast or its just me not getting ur last sentence?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are u typing too fast or its just me not getting ur last sentence?
I am open about passing on knowledge of vaping to people but the sheer volume of moronic wastoids that hit me up for dab, oil, or weed thinking that is what I am doing is amazing.
When the weed thing is breached it is an automatic "fuck off! get the fuck away from me" to many snitch types and corrupt police departments around here more than willing to screw with you.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am open about passing on knowledge of vaping to people but the sheer volume of moronic wastoids that hit me up for dab, oil, or weed thinking that is what I am doing is amazing.
When the weed thing is breached it is an automatic "fuck off! get the fuck away from me" to many snitch types and corrupt police departments around here more than willing to screw with you.
ey gramps
DAB?

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh. Now I get it. Dickwads are everywhere

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Big nasty
Can you please simplify it for us?
PLEASE!!

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Gramps I think... I went hiking yesterday and am a SORE stiff sob today... kind of stuck in the comfy chair... getting older sucks.
Much better than the alternative though....

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay so something scary just happend I just took a puff off my MVP 2.0 box mod with the Nautilus mini and when I took a pull I heard a pop and then a shocking sensation in my lip or very hot juice I noticed usually my ohm meter reads a 1.9 ohm but for some reason now its reading 1.8 ohm I'm using the bvc coils with a 1.8 ohm resistance

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also I'm running at 11w with 3.9 battery reading

VU Sponsors