Become a Patron!

New to vaping seeking advice

Ahow216

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the vape club! Good choice with the Mvp, it's a pretty good start if you're looking for good vapor production and flavor! I recommend trying out the Aspire Nautilus or the Kangertech Aerotank if you're looking for better tanks for your current vape.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just throwing it out there as an alternative-
I have an MVP2 and usually pair it with an Aerotank Mega or Protank 3 minis. Dual coil heads in both.
From reading this whole thread, I get the feeling that the OP wants better performance and flavor than the iClear but isn't necessarily looking for the end-all-be-all cloud chasing set up.
Nowhere did it say that he wanted the highest performance possible- just better.
There are a lot of options available without getting into RBA/RDA's that have a much a much smaller chance of injury.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and when it comes to vaping safely, knowing that there is always more to know, is key.
Only so much can be learned from videos. As someone already said- baby steps.
You are free to do whatever you choose, but I waited until I understood the difference in battery chemistry, amp ratings, continuous discharge vs pulse, waited until I learned what length and guage wire I needed to achieve specific resistance. Shorts. Hot spots. Wicking material. Voltage vs wattage. Coil temperature (because some juice burns easily). PG/VG ratios... I could go on and on but all of these things are factors in safety and a satisfying vaping experience.
That's why mechs and rebuildables are recommended for experienced vapers only.
To DD, just know that you can achieve results far superior to the iClears with commercially available, safe alternatives.

ajaymes2001

Member For 5 Years
Here's a bone, my 2 cents worth...and this is IMO. Without going to an RBA/RTA/RDA as a noob, try a Kanger AeroTank or a Kanger Mega. With the new dual coil heads they came out with, flavor is really pretty good for a tank...you can get the Mega to chuck a fair cloud with the right juice, right coil, and setting on your current rig. If you want to explore further, again, IMO, head on down the Kayfun/Russian 91% path. Very easily rebuilt, I learned on my own with YouTube help. You can make your own coils, or buy them pre-made from several people on Ebay...my advice is organic cotton, wicks well, burns clean. If you want to move up further, buy the Magma (clone or original, you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference in most cases) as it has a decent sized well, not too bad for being mobile. The Magma is a flavor machine, the domed lid helps make it that way, the air hole ports directly beneath the coil...major advantage. If you want to take it one more step, I would recommend a regulated mod such as a Sigelei 30 or the KSD 30 or one of the 30 watt box mods out there. I prefer the KSD myself, but a lot of folks don't. It's fairly hard to mess yourself up using a regulated mod. If something isn't right with the way you have your stuff set up, it will flash at you and say naner-naner and do nothing, instead of going into thermal runaway.

Just my thoughts...I've only been at this for 7 months, so I am by no means a pro at this.

VU Sponsors