Become a Patron!

New to vaping. Trying to quit smoking cigs

ok I purchased a eleaf I stick basic and have a few questions.

I smoked 3 packs a day of camel lights.

The local shop started me off on 12 mg liquid. Pretty sure it's a 50 50 mix.

Maybe I'm just dumb but I just can't seem to figure out the inhale. I try and hold it in my mouth then inhale but it just seems so strong of a hit. And the longer I inhale the hotter the mouth piece gets. Is this normal?
Thanks in advance for any info.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok I purchased a eleaf I stick basic and have a few questions.

I smoked 3 packs a day of camel lights.

The local shop started me off on 12 mg liquid. Pretty sure it's a 50 50 mix.

Maybe I'm just dumb but I just can't seem to figure out the inhale. I try and hold it in my mouth then inhale but it just seems so strong of a hit. And the longer I inhale the hotter the mouth piece gets. Is this normal?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Hello, lower ur watts
Adjust the airflow As u go
Take a pic of ur device please...

Vape On

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Kev and Welcome to VU, you may need to take smaller puffs and experiment with the juice a bit , 50/50 may not be a good ratio for you if you are sensitive to either the PG or VG so you may have to use say a 70/30 mix 70 Vg 30 PG or even the exact opposite and also test out the nic mg , 12 may be too high for you try 8mg, all these things factor in on the throat hit as well as how high wattage is , so much factors in. Ask questions , our members will be glad to help you out:):)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It does take getting used to in the beginning. It did for me, at least. I coughed my head off thinking I should draw like a cigarette. Maybe try light draws for a bit, see how that does for you. I've never used that device, but I've heard pretty good things about it.

How many watts do you have it set on? Do you know the ohms of the coil?

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try adjusting the airflow, since that's the only adjustment on that mod. Tightening/closing off the airflow makes a doing a mouth draw easier.

There is no settings other then airflow. The coil ohm is .75. There are other coils to choose from a 1.5 and a 1.2, what would be the difference in coils?

lessifer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You don't necessarily have to inhale into your lungs. Treat it like a cigar, puff into the mouth, and you will get the nicotine, especially if you exhale through your nose.

The vapor is different, and does take some getting used to. Also, as whiskey said, there are lots of variables to adjust, but that usually requires buying a lot of liquid in various ratios and strengths.

lessifer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is no settings other then airflow. The coil ohm is .75. There are other coils to choose from a 1.5 and a 1.2, what would be the difference in coils?
I believe that device is a fixed voltage, so the coil resistance determines how much power you're using, which effects the temperature and volume of the vape. Generally, though there are other things involved, lower resistance at the same power yields more vapor and is hotter. You may want to try one of the higher resistance coils, especially with 12mg liquid.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the basic is too basic, imo. It's old school, working off straight battery voltage. If you can't get it to your liking, I would supplement it with a variable watt mod for the adjustability.

So in your guys opinion what would be a good starter mod. Like I said with the one I have and the 12mg juice the mouth to lung is just to strong. I don't want to put a lot of money in this one if you guys think it's a bad place to start. I'm really not looking to blow big clouds or anything. Just want to get my nicotine from something safer then a cig. Thanks again

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In the short term, I'd be tempted to get one or two coils in the higher resistence. Those might work better for you with the nic and to be able to draw more like a cigarette would. I'm a mouth to lung vaper, typically using coils that are 1.2 up to 2.5 ohm coils. Just depends on what I'm using.

There are SO MANY things to choose from these days, it can get overwhelming, just starting out.

Jasonk1229

Member For 4 Years
yup keep at it you smoked 3 packs a day 18mg is an option as well mix some smokes in and gradually move into just vape

it took me some time to adjust but its worth any discomfort i even started with vuse than decided to put on my big boy pants and go full in with mod and tank

lessifer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So in your guys opinion what would be a good starter mod. Like I said with the one I have and the 12mg juice the mouth to lung is just to strong. I don't want to put a lot of money in this one if you guys think it's a bad place to start. I'm really not looking to blow big clouds or anything. Just want to get my nicotine from something safer then a cig. Thanks again
A lot of people like to go with a variable wattage mod, you can fine tune the experience by adjusting the power. What you have will probably be ok to start with. I know a couple long term vapers who like it because it's simple and durable.

I really do think you should try the higher resistance coils though, at least to start.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Find a juice you really like. One that really knocks your socks off. When I first started, I got a tobacco flavor, but the next bottle was a peach, and after I got used to the idea that I could actually enjoy the taste of somthing I was inhaleing, I havent gone back to cigs.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're going to keep that 12 mg liquid, you're probably going to want to try a 1.5 ohm coil at least, then take shorter puffs - if you're hitting it long enough to heat the device, you're probably getting too big a cloud to inhale, especially if you're not used to vaping.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like everyone said get the 1.5 ohm coils and you will be good to go. I just got a new tank with .5 ohm coils and had to drop my nic level to 6mgs and could almost go down to 3 mgs. I was using 12mgs with 1.5 ohm coils before this new setup and never had a problem. I did use the 12mg with this new .5 ohm coil and coughed my head off and the next morning I had a headache from HE##:)

VU Sponsors