Become a Patron!

New to Vaping Underground somewhat new to vaping.

Hey all! I have been gaping on and off for a year, that is why I say somewhat new to vaping. Recently started dripping. My sister introduced me to it and LOVED it! This also seemed to be a big reason for me quitting smoking, as dripping seemed to "satisfy" my cravings a bit more. Been dropping for a very short time now less than a month. Any advice is greatly appreciated. My biggest question would be Best RDA. Deep well, easy (as easy as it can be) build. I have also read on one that can tip, and not leak out the air holes "plume" maybe idk if this is what I am looking for for sure or not lol any advice on RDA'S would be great. Thanks for your time!!!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Vaping Underground. Enjoy your vaping journey.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome, not big on dripping myself but I'm sure someone with experience will mosey on in with some help so stick around.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU.
When looking for a good RDA you first need to define what you're looking for, since some drippers excel with vapor production and others with flavor.
Most RDAs leak and that how most RDAs are, the only one i own that doesn't is the Veritas.

We have the little boy now. I like it quite a bit just would like a deeper base. As far as flavor or vapor the a bit of both, the little boy has perfect amount of vapor for me could be a bit stronger. Yea I know most leak, I had read about one that it wasn't as "easy" to leak could have been the Veritas. Maybe what I mean is higher air holes?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not only the hight it's the fact that the air hole passes through the body of the dripper and positioned behind the coil.
This one doesn't leak even if you place the mod on it's side with the air hole facing down.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Its not an RDA but the Orchid RBA comes damn close to vaping like one, holds a fair bit of liquid and as long as it is vertical it don't leak.

iheartmyed9

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Plume veil doesn't leak long as I don't go overboard juicing it

iheartmyed9

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the dark horse a lot too

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello and welcome and a happy new year to you

the veritas is probably the closest thing to a "leakless" atty you can get...but it's a flavor chaser and doesn't have the big well you're looking for...it's also not the easiest thing to build being mainly designed for vertical coils...you can do horizontal coils in it though as well. maybe something like the vulcan if you like less airflow or (this is still going to leak if you put it on its side full) something like a mutation x V2...fairly easy to build, fairly cheap and authentic and lots of airflow options. If you want to go the two post route there is always a good Magma clone like the one Infinite makes....Deep well, airflow threw the bottom and great flavor. There is soooooo many choices now that if you're only requirement is doesn't leak than than I am not sure. The tugboat is super easy to build on and has the deep well but they call it "the leaky boat" for a reason.

Best of luck finding one that fits your taste!

itsmedant

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 for the tugboat. I found that if you set your coils a little lower in the well it won't leak as bad. Now all I get are a few little dribbles out of the air holes if it's been in my pocket for a long time.

Also, flawless had a bad batch of o - rings a while back....I called them and got a few new ones for free, really helped with the leaking!

Wow! Thanks everyone for the replies!! I am going to try a few different ones out. I dont think I'm ready to do vertical coils yet lol. I have heard a lot of good things about the orchid also as far as tanks. I'm sure I'll find the one. Thanks all!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RDA's are like doritos....you can't have just one ;) vertical coils aren't so much as difficult as just take a little patience...it's kinda like building a Genny w/out a tank...the only real bitch about vertical coils is the wicking...that takes a little practice and patience depending on which atty you get....I have a storm V2 and I love it...but the way they did the juice wells makes it hard for my clumbsy fat fingers to pack them full of cotton even with tweezers...it's a lesson in patience for me for sure...but it's worth the hassle because I like the flavor/vapor balance I get from it....of course it's not my only atty, but it's always in the rotation somewhere. As for the Orchid, it's great, haven't heard too many complaints about it...just remember the rule of RTA thumb....Kayfuns for single coils, Orchids for dual coils....pick your preference and enjoy!

VU Sponsors