Become a Patron!

New to vaping!! What wattage should I have my vape at?

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just bought a Rx200s with tfv8 baby beast tank , was woundering at wattage should i be using it at ? And what does the volt mean on the sreen is there certain level I should have the volt at ? And wattage ? Thanks !

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just bought a Rx200s with tfv8 baby beast tank , was woundering at wattage should i be using it at ? And what does the volt mean on the sreen is there certain level I should have the volt at ? And wattage ? Thanks !

You can't change the voltage...
Start low, adjust as you go...

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I run mine at 40 - 50 watts With the Q2 and X4 coils. Don't worry about voltage you can't set it the mod does. Smok prints the wattage range on the coils but there high.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Which of the coils do you have in the tank? That will determine a good starting point.
I've usually started about 5w lower than what the recommended coil rating shows, and then work my way up.

Typically, I end up sitting somewhere in the middle of the recommended range.

V8 Baby Q2 Coil Head -- I'll run at about 55w
  • 40 to 80W Range
  • 55 to 65W Recommended Range
V8 Baby X4 Coil Head -- I'll run at about 50w
  • 30 to 70W
  • 45 to 60W Recommended Range

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which of the coils do you have in the tank? That will determine a good starting point.
I've usually started about 5w lower than what the recommended coil rating shows, and then work my way up.

Typically, I end up sitting somewhere in the middle of the recommended range.

V8 Baby Q2 Coil Head -- I'll run at about 55w
  • 40 to 80W Range
  • 55 to 65W Recommended Range
V8 Baby X4 Coil Head -- I'll run at about 50w
  • 30 to 70W
  • 45 to 60W Recommended Range
[/QUOTE
V8 baby coil I have is .15 and .2 , when I first got it a few days ago , it was working greatly then and I switched the coils and and wasted producing the same cloud like when I first used it

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
V8 baby coil I have is .15 and .2 , when I first got it a few days ago , it was working greatly then and I switched the coils and and wasted producing the same cloud like when I first used it

Make sure that you have the coils good and primed, then do some good air pulls (without firing them) on the tank with juice in it. This will get the tank to draw the air into a vacuum so that the juice doesn't leak out.

The .15ohm
* V8 Baby-X4 Quadruple Core -- rated for 30-70W, recommended 45-60W :: Start @ 30w and work up
* V8 Baby-T8 Octuple Core -- rated for 50-110W, recommended 60-80W :: Start @ 50w and work up

The .2ohm
* V8 Baby-T6 Sextuple Core -- rated 40-130W, recommended 70-90W :: Start @ 40w and work up

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Make sure that you have the coils good and primed, then do some good air pulls (without firing them) on the tank with juice in it. This will get the tank to draw the air into a vacuum so that the juice doesn't leak out.

The .15ohm
* V8 Baby-X4 Quadruple Core -- rated for 30-70W, recommended 45-60W :: Start @ 30w and work up
* V8 Baby-T8 Octuple Core -- rated for 50-110W, recommended 60-80W :: Start @ 50w and work up

The .2ohm
* V8 Baby-T6 Sextuple Core -- rated 40-130W, recommended 70-90W :: Start @ 40w and work up

Thanks a lot I'll try doing that, you wouldn't happen to preinstalled

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine came with the Q4 and T6 coils. The T6 kills my batteries fast. Running at 70w.

DrKvapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My settings have been less than the "BEST" numbers marked on the coil. This one is 45-60W and I'm at 42 (SMOK Alien) and this is giving me a nice, warm, flavorful vape and a set of batteries is lasting me 14-16 hours and I'm off work so I'm hitting it a lot more while I'm home.
Not sure why but it seems like a lot of noobs want to run their watts way the hell up - not criticizing but.... even on my Sapor, with a Kanthal regular build, if I go over 60w it's just a terrible vape and 45-50 gives me a lot of flavor and clouds. It's not a competition everyday folks.

VU Sponsors