Become a Patron!

new to vaping. what wattage, temp ect?

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello.

I'm a virgin here never even vaped.

been doing lots of reading but have a few questions...

Basically I'm quiting the stink sticks NYE and vaping my nicotine from there on.

I got the basic questions about firing up the vaporizer.

I have juice comming in a day or 2 and just want to set the kit up so its trouble free for thebnew year.

I have a joyetech egrip 2 and a tfv8 big baby. Yes there is a 510 adaptor for the egrip.

Can someone tell me? Using the availible gear and included tfv8 coils what watt setting and temp setting should I set the egrip at using witch coil?

can anyone tell me the way to choose or determine the wattage to use with different coils? Is there an easy way to work out the ballpark correct wattage?

There is the steam engine coil wizard witch is very cool to play around with. Is there anything similar relating to coil ohms and machine wattage?

Also can someone clarify... I smoke 12mg tobacco. So should I add 12 or 6 mg/ml nicotine to satisfy the addict in me?

Thats enough questions for now.
Thanks in advance, will really appreciate some help here.

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey future VAPER...
wattage ? Since you are a VIRGIN, follow the manufacturers recommendation in terms of wattage then adjust as you go or adjust to your liking.....

Mod? Joy tech e-grip 2??? Who sold you that POS? That mod is an ALL IN ONE MOD!
I'm confused!! Why buy the big baby? Do you have another mod?

Tobacco and cigarettes are very different
SMFH!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We need more info.

Don't wait just starT

Edit to add - now I see the rest of your post. Do what ej said

Last edited:

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys.

Ej...

I'm broke as all sh#t normally and now christmas has a go at me. Me n the missus just decided were quiting together and I was like sure but I'm vaping for security. So being on a budget and not knowing sfa I grabbed the egrip all in one POS as you call it cause its cheap as sh#t and you can vape while it charges... just in this week leading up to xmas n the new year I need to be savy so I ordered all my vg pg nic containers bottles droppers syringes wire cotton and with the dosh left I bought the big baby with every intention of building my own coils. I was going to send the egrip back and swap it over for the g priv but couldnt afford the ballance + 4 batterys and a charger... well technically I can but the missus would notice the cash missing and have my nuts.

So after the new year I will buy the g priv batts n charger along with a coilmaker kit and Im good to go... well I got to wrap my head around a couple more things but im getting there. I mean I havent even vaped the egrip yet but know its pos lol. I'll lett the missus vape out on the egrip when the time comes.

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Btw. Steam-engine.org has me covered on most stuff just having hiccups along the way. Could be trying to take on to much at once but thats how I roll

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey ej.
I had to look up what smfh even meant. Im struggling to work out your tone after re reading your post?
What do you mean tobacco is different from ciggarettes?
And why did you quote that?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Start with the 6mg. If it isn't enough, all you will do is vape it more. If you start with 12mg, and it is too strong, you may get dizzy and/or nauseous. Best not to blow chunks on you first try. LOL

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Egrip comes with an adapter to use regular tanks and the Big Baby is a good one. The mod has the same chip as the other Joyetech mods and works well. I usually use my joyetech mod's in TCR with SS316L and have no real complainants. It also works well in power mode. Enjoy, you did good. 12mg will be too much for the beast and will be very harsh. I use 3mg but 6mg will be ok.
If you mix lower you can always add more nic but you can't take it out.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey ej.
I had to look up what smfh even meant. Im struggling to work out your tone after re reading your post?

I apologize...
I have mods that I can give to you
Just pay shipping
Peace brother...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey ej.

You said 12mg tobacco?? Please explain?

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Appology accepted.

I smoke a 25 g pouch and its 12mg? Like the old smokes I used to smoke were winfeild gold 25s. 8mg.
But now I'm on the pouch.... one of the very last pouches. Yeah!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Appology accepted.

I smoke a 25 g pouch and its 12mg? Like the old smokes I used to smoke were winfeild gold 25s. 8mg.
But now I'm on the pouch.... one of the very last pouches. Yeah!

AAAAAHHHHH, I got confused!
I think you should start at 6mg nicotine, with the beast tank,I'm telling you bro, it's called a BEAST for a reason...if 6mg don't work then go up to 8 or 9 if you can find em...it really depends on what you use, the beast tank requires a lot of power to vape, ur mod might or might not be able to sustain the tank.. that's why I called it POS! Sorry..
I asked if you have another mod?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always suggest BRAND NEW VAPERS TO DRIP FIRST BEFORE TANKs... WHY?
Here's my reasons
CONTROL-money-
FLAVOR/NIC HIT- nicotine hit/flavor
VAPOR-CLOUDZ bro
EDUCATION-ohms law,battery safety
FUN...- it's fun to build ur own, not buy!
Once you LEARNED all the shit i mentioned above...
that's the time you get a CLEARO OR RTA...Why?
Cuz maybe dripping is for you...
You don't have to keep buying premade coils, BTW (PRICEY)
Especially for a newbie, you are gonna suck the hell out of that tank and change coils frequently...
And the most important thing is
You save $$$$...
IMO

Last edited:

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1st week of jan I will pick up a g priv, 4 batterys & a decent charger. So the egrip only has to struggle for a short time.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
1st week of jan I will pick up a g priv, 4 batterys & a decent charger. So the egrip only has to struggle for a short time.
make sure to get good batteries from a legit site. no ebay or amazon
Samsung 30q, sony VCT6, or LG HG2
sites
illumn.com
liionwholesale.com
imrbatteries.com

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got a good place round the corner. Ima gunna plug peeps!

Vapestreet Australia.
www.vapestreet.com.au

customer service is top quality. I enquire and response time is sub 5 mins during buisness hours. Thats what I like so thats what I'll stick to.

but yeah im a tradie and I know dodgy shit regarding batterys when I get a wiff.

Only genuine required here.

was thinking samsung 30q from the start. I've got beef with sony cause they try to please and skip on quality with some products... don't know bout batterys but stereos. WTF SONY? son why?

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry dickbutt but are those sites to steer clear or have a squizz?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sorry dickbutt but are those sites to steer clear or have a squizz?
These are the good sites.
Illumn.com liionwholesale.com imrbatteries.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ej. No disrespect intended but dripping seems invasive on convenience. .. I'm trying to quit smokes not start a new physical habit and I don't want to carry a handbag full of goodies as that would just piss the missus off.
So as far as I can tell a vape kit with a resoviour is the simplest least clutter option and im going for it.
Im all for ohms law but f#@k if I got to vape to stringent standards and its a millitarian type learning curve then f#@k that I'll die a smoker.
Really man I'm just trying to vape a bit of nic to save my health for the benifit of my children not myself so it shouldn't be high school fun n games it should be straight out vape with no bs.

VU Sponsors