Become a Patron!

New to vaping which coils

Hey guys ew to vaping and I have the Smok x cube 2 with the TFV4 Tank and I believe I need to replace the coil as I don't get much vapour after about 10 days of daily use, what coils would be best for my device? Thanks for the help.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What coil were you using? They seem to have 9000 different coil heads for the TFV4 now so that could be tough to give advice on without more info.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moving get this over to the tanks sub so you'll get some more hits. I've got no TFV4 experience or I'd chime in... The list of coils available for that tank is rather daunting, however.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

I used the triple coil and quad coil it came with but I need new coils, is it best to get the same ones it came with or are there any cheaper triple/quad coils out there that as just as good?

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean depending on your mod you can use most of them. They have dual as well. I dont have a link but thought I saw there was a pack that had several different kinds floating around. I tend to stay away from knock off coil heads as I personally had bad luck in the past but I do not even know if there are knock off coil heads for that atty.

The TFV4 has some really aggressive heads so make sure your mod can handle whatever you buy. I mean they make a dual head also if you want to tone it down some and save on battery life. Its kinda one of those deals where you need to buy some of them and try them out to see what works best for you.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys ew to vaping and I have the Smok x cube 2 with the TFV4 Tank and I believe I need to replace the coil as I don't get much vapour after about 10 days of daily use, what coils would be best for my device? Thanks for the help.
The question is...whixh coil did you perfer of the two you did use? I have no input on which coil to recommend since I do not have a TFV4.
If I did own one I think I would like the TF-T3 tripple coil .2ohm. Good luck!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I enjoyed the CLP2 Clapton dual coil. I thought flavor was better than the Triton and quad. Clouds slightly less but still good. Going to try the quad Clapton next, plus a few of the RBA decks.

10 days is about what I've been getting with each of the prebuilt SMOK coils, though I like sweet juices, which doesn't help.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quad Coil - your cloud blower, flavor is muted because there is so much airflow (My preferred range is 100-125w)
Triple Coil - Little less cloud, but more flavor as it's a bit denser (80-100w)
Sextuple Coil - Pretty much matched the Triple coil for me but was solid at a lower wattage (60-90w)
Dual Clapton - My favorite, treat it like a triple coil but I found it to be a little better flavor, but what I like best is the juice flow, you can drain more of the tank between refills (60-100w)

I haven't tried the new beast coils, the TC, or the high resistance coils, but those were my thoughts on those 4.

As for cheaper options, naw, the TFV4 is pretty much a stand alone coil. I've heard these fit though http://www.zpaltech.com/products/coral Or the coils for that tank that is, but I don't know any of my "normal" vendors that carry them(read that as any vendors I've ever even heard of).

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got Coral coils from Max Vaping, but I see they are sold out at the moment. Anyway, they are a narrower diameter casing than the tfv4, and leaked out the airflow control holes. More than just a little leaking. O-ring placement and type look the same, so the only thing I can think of is the diameter. Now I'm not sure whether to get a Coral on the cheap through Ebay, just let it go, or try something to stop the leaking.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got Coral coils from Max Vaping, but I see they are sold out at the moment. Anyway, they are a narrower diameter casing than the tfv4, and leaked out the airflow control holes. More than just a little leaking. O-ring placement and type look the same, so the only thing I can think of is the diameter. Now I'm not sure whether to get a Coral on the cheap through Ebay, just let it go, or try something to stop the leaking.
Tough call but it's not good since they leaked the first time, I don't think I would want to throw away good money again. Get the right ones IMO.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you thoroughly fiddled with it? I've been curious on these things for a while, I've heard mixed reviews but no one really ecstatic about them. I'm curious if a heftier oring would fix the issue or if it's something more than that.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tomorrow I will see someone at the vape shop who knows and uses both tanks.

Also, I wicked and screwed in a TF-R2 RBA coil which also leaked. Took a look, and it was completely missing the upper o-ring, out of the box from SMOK Tech.

I will update if I can get the Coral coil to seal correctly. It is an 0.2 dual kanthal, but I see they also have an 0.5 Clapton rated to 210w, for what it's worth.

Seeing some good comments about Mutank Clapton, but also some that it tends to leak if not fiddled with. I'd be happy with 1 good setup in this class, though I thought the SMOK CLP2 was nice, in a Crown sort of way.

VU Sponsors